Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
not sure why it would've uprooted but the sprinkler probably killed the rest. Bone meal kills enderlillys and pretty sure the OB Sprinkler counts as a bonemeal effect. at least thats what i remember from my testing. it very well couldve changed
So to 'fix' this issue I chose to plant my last surviving ender-lilly on a block of grass thats inside my base set up for decoration to wait out the long growth time. It's not in range of any growth speederupper or even a chunk loader.

However once again as I walked by I ended up picking it up as an item, as it has once again uprooted. I'm at a loss.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
So to 'fix' this issue I chose to plant my last surviving ender-lilly on a block of grass thats inside my base set up for decoration to wait out the long growth time. It's not in range of any growth speederupper or even a chunk loader.

However once again as I walked by I ended up picking it up as an item, as it has once again uprooted. I'm at a loss.
Mine didn't want to plant until I put a torch near them, so maybe the light level is the issue? o_O

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Appearently it isn't in it. Anything else? Or could someone come up with an easy turtle program?
It should be extremely simple to set up. Take a look at these two sites:
http://computercraft.info/wiki/Turtle_(API)
http://computercraft.info/wiki/Redstone_(API)
Basically all you need to do is set up a loop doing the
Code:
turtle.compare()
and if its true do a
Code:
redstone.setOutput()

This is a very good entry level piece of code if you haven't done much coding yourself, so would encourage you to give it a whack yourself.

Reactions: kaiomann

Indie

Jul 29, 2019
Does geographical location have any real impact? Should I be looking for a UK based server instead of a USA server?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Mine didn't want to plant until I put a torch near them, so maybe the light level is the issue? o_O

I've seen this happen with normal crops (wheat. carrots, potatoes and cotton) when I try to plant too close to my Natura redwood's shadow. A few torches stopped it from happening.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Does geographical location have any real impact? Should I be looking for a UK based server instead of a USA server?

To figure this out try using either "ping" or "tracert" ("traceroute" for unix-based OS).

Ping will return the time it takes for a packet to reach the destination in milliseconds... smaller times are better response.
Usage: Ping [IP address or URL]

Tracert gives a bit more diagnostic data by showing every router along the path and it's response time. This is useful to show where a slowdown is occurring. Problems are not always with the client side or the server side.
Usage: Tracert [IP address or URL]

Generally, the longer the distance between endpoints the slower the response. For example, I'm in California. I can reach just about any decently provisioned public router in my state in less than 20ms. The MMO I play is located near Boston, Ma. and on a good day I reach it's border gateway at about 150ms. The MMOs ISP appears to heavily throttle the bandwidth since tracert shows all hops up to the Boston area are less than 75ms then the next hop nearly doubles.

Reactions: Indie

tsjb

Jul 29, 2019
Can I force the TE3 Redstone Furnace to output Tinkers Construct ingots instead of TE Ingots?

Thankyou!

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
Can I force the TE3 Redstone Furnace to output Tinkers Construct ingots instead of TE Ingots?

Thankyou!
If you don't mind the added infrastructure, you could make a MFR Unifier (if you have MFR installed), and set the preferable output to Tinkers Construct ingots. Otherwise, you can do what kaiomann said, and that might work.

Reactions: Museli

tsjb

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you could disable the te ingots in the config, but why would you want to? They're interchangeable.

Thanks for the reply, I don't see the option to disable the TE ingots in the TE config, am I missing it or is it somewhere else?

The reason I want to do it is because I also use a TC Smeltery and I'm getting a mix of IC2/TE/TC ingots and it's a little annoying, and I would prefer not to use an MFR unifier if possible. Having the TE furnace output TC ingots would solve all my problems.

Mahoka

Jul 29, 2019
In thaumcraft at the Research Table some aspects have a bluewhite gleam in there top left corner. I cant find reference to what this means. Anyone know and care to share?
The gleam indicates apsects you've acquired more of since the last time you visited the table, i believe.

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply, I don't see the option to disable the TE ingots in the TE config, am I missing it or is it somewhere else?

The reason I want to do it is because I also use a TC Smeltery and I'm getting a mix of IC2/TE/TC ingots and it's a little annoying, and I would prefer not to use an MFR unifier if possible. Having the TE furnace output TC ingots would solve all my problems.
I think you can set the item id of all the ingots to 0, assuming TE supports that.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
reposting due to no answer

i would like to enable taint spread for my worlds.
its per block update, so what would be a moderate-slow setting, that would keep the taint from overwhelming stuff before I got the research to deal with it, but still spread and encourage dealing with it?

basically if I end up afking/playing for an hour, I don't want it spreading more than a few blocks.
id like it to take 4-5 hours to take over a chunk.

and whats with reis minimap not updating the biomes until the chunks are un/ reloaded?
along with the above, it seems the ethereal blooms take a long time to clear the taint out, unless I unload/load the area, for example by dimension hopping, in which case it entirely clears it out in just the time it takes me to travel there and back. why?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
reposting due to no answer

i would like to enable taint spread for my worlds.
its per block update, so what would be a moderate-slow setting, that would keep the taint from overwhelming stuff before I got the research to deal with it, but still spread and encourage dealing with it?

basically if I end up afking/playing for an hour, I don't want it spreading more than a few blocks.
id like it to take 4-5 hours to take over a chunk.

and whats with reis minimap not updating the biomes until the chunks are un/ reloaded?
along with the above, it seems the ethereal blooms take a long time to clear the taint out, unless I unload/load the area, for example by dimension hopping, in which case it entirely clears it out in just the time it takes me to travel there and back. why?
I have no clue what number you want to set it to, perhaps actually try playing around with it a bit? Also consider that fibrous taint spreading is a block update, so that will also lead to a spread chance. It's set to 1000 by default, so perhaps try 2000, 2500, 3000, etc until you get the spread you want.

And I've never had any trouble getting ethereal blooms to do their biome cleansing business; are you sure it isn't just a graphical bug with Rei's Minimap? I predominantly use Opis/Mapwriter.