Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

koolboy5783

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on the direwolf20 1.6.4 modpack, and was I was wondering if it's possible to automate the XP Bottler, I tried translocators, BC pipes, itemducts, export busses, factorization routers, MFR Item routers, and none of them seem to be able to pump bottles into the XP Bottler. Did anyone ever automate it? If so, would you mind telling me what you used? Although fluiducts work to pump the XP Juice into the XP Bottler. Thanks ahead.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on the direwolf20 1.6.4 modpack, and was I was wondering if it's possible to automate the XP Bottler, I tried translocators, BC pipes, itemducts, export busses, factorization routers, MFR Item routers, and none of them seem to be able to pump bottles into the XP Bottler. Did anyone ever automate it? If so, would you mind telling me what you used? Although fluiducts work to pump the XP Juice into the XP Bottler. Thanks ahead.
Why would you bottle your XP? If you're trying to get XP, you can right click Open Blocks tanks and get experience.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Hoppers

jeroo23

Jul 29, 2019
hey i was just wondering around with cc a bit and i was wondering if any of you guys could make a script for me with like

welcome to the server

rules info

ranks

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Heyo, me again(wat), just curious, since one can convert Piggawatts from Sync into Redstone Flux, this allows for Green Energy to be both cool and somewhat cruel, but I was curious if anyone has found(or knows) of a way to convert Redstone Flux into Piggawatts so I can use a Shell Constructor using only Redstone Flux.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The only options it has is: auto extract, auto eject, auto drink, and none of them seem to be doing anything.
Have no clue about the device in mention, but those options kinda indicates that it has to have an adjacent inventory to work with. Have you tried with just a normal chest? If that works maybe a ME interface set to stock empty bottles would work too in place of the chest?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Heyo, me again(wat), just curious, since one can convert Piggawatts from Sync into Redstone Flux, this allows for Green Energy to be both cool and somewhat cruel, but I was curious if anyone has found(or knows) of a way to convert Redstone Flux into Piggawatts so I can use a Shell Constructor using only Redstone Flux.
Ran more tests, seems it DOES work on just RF, but doesn't visually update.

I feel kinda smart now.

koolboy5783

Jul 29, 2019
Have no clue about the device in mention, but those options kinda indicates that it has to have an adjacent inventory to work with. Have you tried with just a normal chest? If that works maybe a ME interface set to stock empty bottles would work too in place of the chest?
Turns out I had to hold right click and move the image around and click on the side, thanks for the hint.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
On the topic of maps, I'm guessing Rei's is the most efficient in terms of memory and FPS? I've heard that Opis / Mapwriter eats up memory like nobody's business, while Zan's / Voxel's is the most laggy. Am I correct?
Opis/Mapwriter shouldn't lag unles you (or any other op) type "/opis start" without typing "/opis stop" (or whatever the commands for recording data about your other sources of lag are) later. However, I have heard of Opis causing problems with lag before, so I don't really which is the most CPU-efficient for general.

I've heard that the reason why quarry holes cause lag, is because more blocks have to be rendered due to the sides of the quarry. That got me thinking... given flat bedrock and sufficient time, wouldn't you reach a point where the quarry is big enough to reduce lag again? Several chunks would consist of a single layer of a single block type (Bedrock), whereon no mobs can spawn, light calculations are as easy as on Superflat (because the hole is open to the sky), and there would be no caves or mineshafts (or f***ing XYCraft crystals!) to render. Eventually, the sheer size of the hole would outweigh the extra blocks rendered for the sides of the quarry.

Now, the question is... at which size could I expect lag to go down again? I'm prepared to level the entire Meadows biome I've built my base on (or, to be precise, floating above). If I find a good way to drain an ocean (help, anyone?) I'll level that too. At the moment, a hole approximately 120 by 100 blocks, the lag isn't too bad, but I consider lowering the graphics settings to keep things smooth. Is there a hope for my FPS, if I keep digging for long enough?
Have you tried a Buildcraft pump and a waterproof void pipe? If you pump enough MJ/t into it (i.e. max out those redstone/resonant energy conduits), it should do exactly what you're looking for.

If that doesn't work, can fillers remove liquid source blocks directly, without replacing them with something else first?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
So, uh, does anyone know of a way to connect to a IRC Channel in game using ComputerCraft? Not really hoping to use the ForgeIRC, as ForgeIRC can't be quit, AFAIK once in game.
If I could connect and disconnect as I saw fit, I'd be fine using it.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
hey i was just wondering around with cc a bit and i was wondering if any of you guys could make a script for me with like

welcome to the server

rules info

ranks
mon = peripheral.wrap("top")
if the monitor is on top of the computer. From there you can go one of two ways: 1) Use
Code:
mon.setCursorPos(1,[line #])
to change lines and
Code:
mon.write("[text]")
to write text on those lines.

2) after wrapping the monitor use
Code:
term.redirect(mon)
and use
Code:
print("[text]")
to write each line.

print() automatically goes to the next line whereas write() doesn't, however since print() isn't part of the term API, it's not directly usable by the monitor so we have to use the redirect() function instead. I prefer the redirect() route for simple lists like these, though it's not quite as flexible in some slightly more advanced applications.

If you want to get fancy with colors on an advanced monitor you can use mon.setTextColor() and mon.setBackgroundColor()

Giving the monitor a nice layout is possible to code so it handles different monitor sizes dynamically, but it's MUCH easier to just manually add a bunch of spaces (or hyphens, whatever - filler characters) to your print() lines so that it fits your needs.

Also, make sure the program is saved as "startup" so that it will automatically be running even after server restarts/chunks unloading, etc.

Here's the CC wiki page for monitors as well as the page for the term API (the functions you can call on the monitor).

Overall your code should look something like
Code:
mon = peripheral.wrap("top")
term.redirect(mon)
print("Welcome to the Server!")
print("Rules:")
print("1. blah blah blah")
--rest of your rules/info enclosed in print() functions (remember to include the quotes as well)
term.restore()

that restore() at the end just returns message printouts to the computer terminal rather than the monitor so you can mess with stuff without screwing up your sign.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
So, uh, does anyone know of a way to connect to a IRC Channel in game using ComputerCraft? Not really hoping to use the ForgeIRC, as ForgeIRC can't be quit, AFAIK once in game.
If I could connect and disconnect as I saw fit, I'd be fine using it.
Well, you'd probably need an external program that adapts IRC for the HTTP API. If you're okay with downloading something like that off of some forums SockCraftIRC was recommended to me by a friend and a quick google also turns up this, though I've not personally used either yet.

edit: no clue what the compatability of that second one is, but SockCraft currently only works in 1.5.2, so if you've moved on to 1.6 you may be out of luck for the time being.

Morberis

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to run a filler on clear mode in monster 1.0.7. From my understanding Thermal Expansion can transfer RF into MJ via an energy conduit. I've placed a creative energy cell down, hooked it up via 2 redstone energy conduits to the filler, and then defined large and small areas (horizontal and vertical components for all). I've set the filler to clear, and to level, and to every other setting. What am I doing wrong!

Here's a picture of my setup
fmad.jpg

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to run a filler on clear mode in monster 1.0.7. From my understanding Thermal Expansion can transfer RF into MJ via an energy conduit. I've placed a creative energy cell down, hooked it up via 2 redstone energy conduits to the filler, and then defined large and small areas (horizontal and vertical components for all). I've set the filler to clear, and to level, and to every other setting. What am I doing wrong!

Here's a picture of my setup
fmad.jpg
If your lines aren't yellow, it probably means you set up your markers and filler in the wrong order.

Set all your landmarks first, activate them (so they're all red lines), then put the filler down next to one of the active markers.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk