Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
So I updated my Direwolf20 pack to the newest version, and found all the mods I added gone. After I added them and loaded up the world, I realized that the ore generation for Big Reactors might be gone. I'm currently running a quarry which would normally have caught Big Reactor ores, but now I'm not so sure. I haven't visited the chunk with the quarry yet, so would there be ore generation at my quarry?
AFAIK it doesn't matter one bit what loads up the area, be it a player or a chunkloader(read quarry). The area has been loaded.

I shall confirm, it doesn't matter if a player or "ghost" player loads the chunks, the results is the same.

However, if the world wasn't ever loaded when you had Big reactors uninstalled, it doesn't matter one bit, game goes on like normal.
Because as far as it's concerned, Big reactors was there, it went to sleep, Big reactors is still there.

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
I shall confirm, it doesn't matter if a player or "ghost" player loads the chunks, the results is the same.

However, if the world wasn't ever loaded when you had Big reactors uninstalled, it doesn't matter one bit, game goes on like normal.
Because as far as it's concerned, Big reactors was there, it went to sleep, Big reactors is still there.
Unfortunately, I did load the world and I even pressed "yes" when it stated that Big Reactors identities were missing. In this scenario would I need to retrogen ores / relocate quarry to unexplored chunks?

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, I did load the world and I even pressed "yes" when it stated that Big Reactors identities were missing. In this scenario would I need to retrogen ores / relocate quarry to unexplored chunks?
I think you know the answer already ;)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Fidchelle

Jul 29, 2019
How do I turn Phials of Essentia into Aspects usable for research? I've been trying to figure it out for 4 hours, and have looked into every wiki imaginable and I'm stumped

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
How do I turn Phials of Essentia into Aspects usable for research? I've been trying to figure it out for 4 hours, and have looked into every wiki imaginable and I'm stumped
As far as I'm aware, and I've been quite far into TC4, your research aspects are completely separate from your essentia.

Research aspects are acquired by running around with a Thaumometer, using a deconstruction table, whatever the CC one is from Thaumic Tinkerer... they'll also slowly regenerate from 0 to 1 if you have certain things near your research table.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Essentia is used for crafting. Aspects is used for researching. They are 2 different things completely.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
How do I go about getting wood from a cargo manager to a modular cart's coal engine?
You should be able to select what goes where in the cargo manager's UI i think it is one of the icons underneath/otherwise near the arrows. One changes what side/color you are telling what to do, the other controls what module the manager will interact with. The arrow controls the direction of item flow.
If you want wood and only wood to end up in the engine you should either separate the inventories by side and extract from the planter on one side while inventory gets dumped to the other and engine gets filled by that side.
OR have an extraction method to remove saplings and don't bother with the sides. Bonus points if you keep some wood in the manager for refilling the engine when it is not gathering wood.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

San

Jul 29, 2019
I am wondering what twilight forest mob drops the Maze Map Focus when killed? I don't have the option of finding them in chests atm. The wikis are really inconsistent with what mob I should be looking for. Some say the goblins drop them, some say the animated books drop them, others still say the minotaurs. I'm pretty confused.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I am wondering what twilight forest mob drops the Maze Map Focus when killed? I don't have the option of finding them in chests atm. The wikis are really inconsistent with what mob I should be looking for. Some say the goblins drop them, some say the animated books drop them, others still say the minotaurs. I'm pretty confused.
Typically minotaurs or maze slimes. I'm pretty sure if it's in a labyrinth, it has a chance.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
What about mobs that spawned inside a maze, but then moved outside of the area?
I'm just guessing here, but typically, they should be the same, based on how MC loot tables usually work.

I'm not privy to the inner workings of Twilight Forest, though.

MrJims

Jul 29, 2019
What exactly does the force update button do on the launcher? Does it update to the newest modpack or does it update the individual mods themselves?

Sent from my ivory tower using Tapatalk 2

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
What exactly does the force update button do on the launcher? Does it update to the newest modpack or does it update the individual mods themselves?

It forces the launcher to redownload the pack, at whatever version you've selected.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019

It's useful if somewhere along the line, you suspect a mod has corrupted (Not a world, a mod) so redownloading it is a good idea

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
It can be disabled but I like to see where my own messages come from since I have multiple devices.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to derail, but...

This is precisely the reason I will NEVER EVER install Tapatalk on any device I ever own. Screw having an application automatically add its own signature to anything I post.
Yeah it's fairly annoying. The only reason I have/will use it is to let people know that my information might not be 100% accurate.