Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft save file structure question: the Players folder does not seem to be the only place that player data is stored in a save file. I'm looking to copy my player data from one save to another. Copying over PlayerName.dat is not effective. In fact, I can delete that file without changing my inventory or place in the world. What else do I need?

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft save file structure question: the Players folder does not seem to be the only place that player data is stored in a save file. I'm looking to copy my player data from one save to another. Copying over PlayerName.dat is not effective. In fact, I can delete that file without changing my inventory or place in the world. What else do I need?
Player data is also stored in the level.dat not sure if you can copy it from there but I do know that if you want to edit your player inv or other things you need to edit the one in level.dat

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
Player data is also stored in the level.dat not sure if you can copy it from there but I do know that if you want to edit your player inv or other things you need to edit the one in level.dat
Thanks! Time to fire up NBTExplorer and see what I can break.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Right click with Ball O' Moss apparently (hope you don't need a ton of it :p )
Ahhh, I will try that, thanks.

I did just about everything one can do with mossy cobblestone and temple cobblestone, but I didn't try that.

Super intuitive. =P

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
Okay heres a Q for you.
IC watermills. My base is set up on a corner landmass with a nearly + shaped split in a river. I planed to make a bridge across and thought to have it also work as a dam, using watermills to provide power. But I'd like to know do they work well with only the front face being exposed to water? Or must the sides be exposed as well? Can they be all in a row side by side or work best with a space?

and yes I know watermills are not the best means of power, but there nice for early game/back up power.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Okay heres a Q for you.
IC watermills. My base is set up on a corner landmass with a nearly + shaped split in a river. I planed to make a bridge across and thought to have it also work as a dam, using watermills to provide power. But I'd like to know do they work well with only the front face being exposed to water? Or must the sides be exposed as well? Can they be all in a row side by side or work best with a space?

and yes I know watermills are not the best means of power, but there nice for early game/back up power.
For best passive generation, you want the maximum possible number of sides exposed to water (it only generates 0.01 EU/t per "side"). Since it looks in a 3x3 cube centered on the watermill for the "sides", the makes the maximum output 0.25 EU/t per watermill, assuming it has 25 water blocks around it and one cable leading off of it.

If you embed it in a wall/dam, it would produce 0.09 EU/t. In all honestly, neither way is at all worth the effort in my book.

Reactions: [JBG]Magikarp

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
For best passive generation, you want the maximum possible number of sides exposed to water (it only generates 0.01 EU/t per "side"). Since it looks in a 3x3 cube centered on the watermill for the "sides", the makes the maximum output 0.25 EU/t per watermill, assuming it has 25 water blocks around it and one cable leading off of it.

If you embed it in a wall/dam, it would produce 0.09 EU/t. In all honestly, neither way is at all worth the effort in my book.

So would it work if I had it stuck with a one block gap between each watermill and have them push out one block from the wall? So water is on 5 of the 6 sides?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
So would it work if I had it stuck with a one block gap between each watermill and have them push out one block from the wall? So water is on 5 of the 6 sides?
That would give you 17 "sides" (remember, we're dealing with all the diagonals too), so that's 0.17 EU/t per watermill. I guess it's up to you if that's sufficient

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019

Wow. Those really do suck.

Ironically, it's not as if a coal-fired generator works any differently, from a real-life standpoint.

lavaheart626

Jul 29, 2019
um kinda just made an account to ask. But how long does it take for them to write up an explanation for updates? I really want to know why all the BoP biomes around me were changed in my monster game. because the villages in my game were just destroyed from the BoP wood being deleted from them. (I feel bad for anyone who made their house out of BoP wood! thanks goodness I used natura wood!)

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
um kinda just made an account to ask. But how long does it take for them to write up an explanation for updates? I really want to know why all the BoP biomes around me were changed in my monster game. because the villages in my game were just destroyed from the BoP wood being deleted from them. (I feel bad for anyone who made their house out of BoP wood! thanks goodness I used natura wood!)
If you mean changelogs, those are found here.

And in regards to config changes, beta packs are beta. They're not guaranteed to be stable or introduce world-ending config/mod updates. Once Monster hits 'Beta Stable' or 'Stable', you shouldn't expect this behavior.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
What were you updating from? If it was from 1.0.2->.3 then ya there were some slight changes to BoP/ATG. Also: not really an explanation, but changelogs for monster are available here, the most recent log indicates that garden biomes were disabled in the configs,not much more than that.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Changelogs are usually available same day as an update, though occasionally it takes another day or two. When there are potentially world breaking changes in an update, they will usually put up a front page news post warning about the update (i.e. the Monster 1.0.3 update last month). For the majority of updates, there isn't much in the way of formal "explanation," though admittedly I'm not sure how much they could really explain.

As with just about anything software related, regular backups can mitigate the unforseen effects of updates.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
When updating any pack, make absolutely certain that all disabled-by-default mods are enabled before loading your world.

This is usually the reason for BoP blocks disappearing between updates.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

count_zero99uk

Jul 29, 2019
After a trip out into the world ive come back home and found that I can no longer punch dirt or trees or anything for that matter on my server. I ran a single player game and its fine. Have I hit some key that stops it? Cant punch up dirt or trees or anything. I just kinda poke at it once and that's it. Please help

Just to confirm I cant even hit dirt with a torch to pull it up or anything that not made to do it, like a pick axe, even though a pickaxe isn't for that. Man im confused. Basicaly anything that's not a tool wont do it.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
After a trip out into the world ive come back home and found that I can no longer punch dirt or trees or anything for that matter on my server. I ran a single player game and its fine. Have I hit some key that stops it? Cant punch up dirt or trees or anything. I just kinda poke at it once and that's it. Please help

Just to confirm I cant even hit dirt with a torch to pull it up or anything that not made to do it, like a pick axe, even though a pickaxe isn't for that. Man im confused. Basicaly anything that's not a tool wont do it.
Sounds like you managed to put yourself in adventure mode. Switch back to survival and everything will be back to normal

surferdevon

Jul 29, 2019
So i was looking at the changelog for Monster 1.0.6 and it said Garden biomes from BoP were disabled. Anyone have an idea why they were disabled?
I dont want to re-add the biome if there is a bug, but if not id like re-add it.