Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

tekkkie

Jul 29, 2019
Question:

Is it possible to have multiple fusion reactions per casing?
I got 1 ring made and 1 set of injectors and extractors working just fine. But I saw someone having 4 sets of extractors and injectors, 1 on every side of the 'donut'. I have tried this for myself and can't get more than 1 set to produce plasma.

Can anyone answer me this?

abislpknt

Jul 29, 2019
So...I know that Thermal Expansion just recently added the Blizz mob. Now..either I'm having terrible luck finding one or the game hates me because as of right now, I have yet to see one spawn :( Have traversed many snowy biomes in both single player and multiplayer, have tried out a few different modpacks, and have even gone into vanilla minecraft with nothing but TE installed. Still no Blizz spawns. Is there anything special that needs to be done to get them to spawn? Figured since they need a snowy biome and ignore light level that they would be easy to find =\

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
Snowy biome and a clear view of the sky lets a Blizz spawn. However, you don't need them. The shards themselves are only used to make the powder. You can make the powder in a Fluid Transposer, with 1 snowball and 200mB Destabilized Redstone per Blizz Powder.

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019

I was looking for the "blizz" as well since I saw a forum post on another place, but no luck. I wanted to capture one for the Auto-spawner. Good luck.. I thought maybe it was a mod interaction problem, but if you did it with vanilla, then I guess I don't have to test it. Thanks.

abislpknt

Jul 29, 2019
Snowy biome and a clear view of the sky lets a Blizz spawn. However, you don't need them. The shards themselves are only used to make the powder. You can make the powder in a Fluid Transposer, with 1 snowball and 200mB Destabilized Redstone per Blizz Powder.

Yea that's what the GF and I ended up doing. Was just curious as to what the spawn mechanics for the Blizz was as I had yet to see one anywhere when I figured I probably should have seen at least one while I was out romping around.

I was looking for the "blizz" as well since I saw a forum post on another place, but no luck. I wanted to capture one for the Auto-spawner. Good luck.. I thought maybe it was a mod interaction problem, but if you did it with vanilla, then I guess I don't have to test it. Thanks.

Yea I was thinking possibly a mod interaction issue as well which is why I tested vanilla as well with no luck either :(

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any reason I shoudn't make the Twilight Forest my home base? I've only just begun properly exploring it for the first time. With Ars Magica 2 and Thaumcraft 4, the place is really fantastic for someone who is magic-focused.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any reason I shoudn't make the Twilight Forest my home base? I've only just begun properly exploring it for the first time. With Ars Magica 2 and Thaumcraft 4, the place is really fantastic for someone who is magic-focused.
There used to be some world leak issues with Twilght Forest but I am fairly certain those were fixed it is more of a strain on your system to render and run but if your system can handle it why not?

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
There is more going on, graphically, in the forest at most times. Huge trees that go way above anything that generates normally, and more blocks per chunk (on average). If your system can manage ATG with BoP, you won't notice performance issues in TW.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
i need someone to play with any mod pack but ftbunleashed monster and mindcrack i like most

Punctuation can be your friend. I assume you like mindcrack, but are you saying you won't play unleashed and monster or is it that you also like monster?

Run-on sentences are a P.I.T.A. before morning coffee...

count_zero99uk

Jul 29, 2019
In thaumcraft at the Research Table some aspects have a bluewhite gleam in there top left corner. I cant find reference to what this means. Anyone know and care to share?

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
In thaumcraft at the Research Table some aspects have a bluewhite gleam in there top left corner. I cant find reference to what this means. Anyone know and care to share?
Those aspects are regenerative. If you use the last point, the table will eventually generate another point for you. You can get more aspects regenerative by having more Crystal Clusters and Bookshelves near (I think within 10 blocks?) the table.

count_zero99uk

Jul 29, 2019
Those aspects are regenerative. If you use the last point, the table will eventually generate another point for you. You can get more aspects regenerative by having more Crystal Clusters and Bookshelves near (I think within 10 blocks?) the table.
Normal bookcases like with an enchanting table.

Reactions: [JBG]Magikarp

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a particular reason that the Spatial aspects of AE are disabled in the universal configs? I'm excited to play with them, but would rather not corrupt this world. Further, how the heck do you ever store enough AE energy to use the largest options on spatial storage?

Also, is it possible to just copy the player and what they are carrying over to a new world?

EDIT: Nevermind. Forgot my Starcraft training. Constructed additional pylons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dark0_0firE

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Also, is it possible to just copy the player and what they are carrying over to a new world?

That depends on the packs. If it is the same pack just a new map then sure you should be able to do this. If it is a different pack, then it would best not to do this. While the configs are close there are differences, in addition the mods used by different packs will also have an effect.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have a working Treecapitator for Direwolf20's 1.6 pack? Yes yes TC has a tool that gives you such, but I like treecapitator. However there are trees it isn't working on, like the fir trees from BOP and the trees from project red. I tried adding them in myself but it just errors out. So does anyone have a working config they can share with me?

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
That depends on the packs. If it is the same pack just a new map then sure you should be able to do this. If it is a different pack, then it would best not to do this. While the configs are close there are differences, in addition the mods used by different packs will also have an effect.

Well, I'm thinking of creating myself a 'starting template' with a functional based loaded in AE spatial storage, then messing about with terrain gen mods (BoP, ATG, etc) until I find a world that I like and works, and copying that player information to the new world. So far my experiments with BoP and ATG have not provided what I am looking for, and I'm getting a touch fed-up with restarting every time I find world-gen issues. For example, for reasons I can't explain, not a single TC4 node generated withn 500 blocks of spawn. Get past that and plenty of nodes are available.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Well, I'm thinking of creating myself a 'starting template' with a functional based loaded in AE spatial storage, then messing about with terrain gen mods (BoP, ATG, etc) until I find a world that I like and works, and copying that player information to the new world. So far my experiments with BoP and ATG have not provided what I am looking for, and I'm getting a touch fed-up with restarting every time I find world-gen issues. For example, for reasons I can't explain, not a single TC4 node generated withn 500 blocks of spawn. Get past that and plenty of nodes are available.

I would say as long as you don't have items from BOP or ATG in your inventory and the rest of the mods and configs are the same then you should be able to do what you are talking about.

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
So, I figured out why the AE Spatial stuff is disabled. I was attempting to store a 27*27*9 area. I couldn't get the efficiency to 100%, and I fully saturate the ring with pylons. This left the power costs at 1423Mae. An energy cell only holds 200Kae. I would have needed over seven thousand energy cells to store a space of 6,561 blocks that were mostly air.

On the other hand, works great for my other project. I can store a 15x15x15 space in the mid-tier storage cell for not much, then pick everything up and take it with me to the next place, with the power in 25 cells. Once I find my new home I can deploy it much faster than I could rebuild it in creative mode.

Last edited: