Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Well that's interesting. I wonder if there's useful information in your forge log. Perhaps if you pastebin it someone will have an idea. I can't imagine what's wrong.

http://pastebin.com/ym0fbsa7

I think this is what you are looking for.

EDIT: so far it seems you cant disable tinkers construct. When I do forge says it is missing a mod. Is there some other mod that relies on TiC to be installed or something in that pack?

Last edited:

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
Short question:
Is Stonebound on a Tinkers Tool based on actual durability or just percentage? In my case, would it make sense to use Ardite when I'll put Flux on it anyways?

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Short question:
Is Stonebound on a Tinkers Tool based on actual durability or just percentage? In my case, would it make sense to use Ardite when I'll put Flux on it anyways?

You want to use the item before you add flux, since stonebound is based of durability, not the flux. I'm not sure how much to let it be damaged for maximum effect though.

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting massive load lag when I warp/travel into my base. Its underground, around 150x150x70, without any openings to light, and the walls and floors are fully lit via glow stone covers and torches. The load lag started after building the wall structural supports and the lighting.

Does anyone know if the lag is caused by the use of micro blocks or the large enclosed space lighting calculations? I had this kind of spike in vanilla when opening a hole in a 60x80x30 space to the sky, so I'm thinking its lighting, but want to be sure. I'm going to have to redesign the base for skylights if thats the case :(

Its really nat a huge hindrance to me because its only on loading, at ggoing near/around my base causes massive load lag for others and i don't wanna be a nuisance.

For anyone interested, I removed the ceiling and it didn't help. The lag vanished after removing the microblocks, about 3.5k of them. Seems lighting on microblocks causes some strain on even the best machines?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
[Snip] about 3.5k of them. [Snip]
If you had mentioned that before, I'm sure we would have picked up on that faster. Microblocks while they aren't bad one by one, they're more computationally heavy than normal blocks, so the effect is amplified the more you place. 3.5k is a lot.. a very big a lot..

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Short question:
As Pip said, you should add the flux afterwords- I think the stonebound effect is based on the percentage but I never actually dug too deep.

However unless you are playing with iguana tweeks (like in Magic farm) Thaumium is probably a better material than Ardite. The extra oomph from one more speed/redstone upgrade outweighs the full stonebound(from ardite) affect last time I checked.

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
Are Silverwoods extinct? We are running on Monster1.04 with ATG & BOPHave explored a large portion of the map exposing most biome types from cold to warm climates and have not found a single Silverwood. Also have explored about 1000sq meters in the Twilight forest and none there. Are they just super rare in TC4?

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Do all GT machines blow up if they don't get enough power (32 EU/t, 128 EU/t, 16 EU/t, whatever)? At least my plate bending machine already blew up two times (it was connected to 3 solar panels -> 3 EU/t) and at first I didn't even know why. Is there a way to prevent this from happening (I heard this also happens if they idle?!), e.g. with a small upgrade or anything like that?

Are Silverwoods extinct? We are running on Monster1.04 with ATG & BOPHave explored a large portion of the map exposing most biome types from cold to warm climates and have not found a single Silverwood. Also have explored about 1000sq meters in the Twilight forest and none there. Are they just super rare in TC4?
I found a few in the new magic forest (can't remember the exact name, it's the one with turquoise grass/leaves) in the Direwolf 20 pack (also with Thaumcraft 4) but they seem to be pretty rare in the other biomes.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019

Warning: based on personal observation

They are very rare outside of the magical foresty biomes in BoP. I've only seen them in abundance in thaumcraft's own magical forest biome and with a smaller spawn chance in the BoP's enchanted whatevers. I don't think that ATG generated those biomes with any regularity so you might have a difficult time finding them.

They definitely exist in non ATG worlds, both 'regular' and BoP generation.

Reactions: Tristam Izumi

Exadi

Jul 29, 2019
As Pip said, you should add the flux afterwords- I think the stonebound effect is based on the percentage but I never actually dug too deep.

However unless you are playing with iguana tweeks (like in Magic farm) Thaumium is probably a better material than Ardite. The extra oomph from one more speed/redstone upgrade outweighs the full stonebound(from ardite) affect last time I checked.

Unless it also scales oddly with the base mining speed on the tool, stonebound bonus is based on actual durability used.
Wooden head, ardite binding, wood rod, 1/59 durability = 0.66 stonebound bonus.
Tartarite head (ExtraTiC), ardite binding, wood rod, 2881/3000 durability = 1.12 stonebound bonus.

So the value of ardite vs thaumium used for a redstone modifier (which is only +4) depends on the durability of the tool. Since my tool reached +1 at around -100 durability I'd expect almost +30 by the time it reaches 1/3000 IF it keeps going linearly. Even if it slowed down pretty dramatically it'd still probably beat redstone's +4. You can also reach 3000 durability in 'vanilla TiC' with manyullyn head and rod. But now I have a question. Is there an item/command that can nearly break an item so I can test these sorts of things better?

mattyice2424

Jul 29, 2019
hey guys i was wondering if there was a way to improve my mass fabricator's uu production. here is my current setup...should i just put 3 ultimate hybrid solar panels on glass fibre cables running it?

Screen Shot 2014-01-16 at 12.20.01 AM.png

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
hey guys i was wondering if there was a way to improve my mass fabricator's uu production. here is my current setup...should i just put 3 ultimate hybrid solar panels on glass fibre cables running it?

View attachment 9249

the max power it can take PER FACE is 512eu.
so you can input 512eu on all its spare faces and increase its production, atleast thats how it used to work. I'm not 100% on the update

Gotolei

Jul 29, 2019
Are redwood trees still spawned randomly, or does the seed have a bearing on it somehow? I ask because in my world there's seven redwood trees in a ~300-block radius, and I haven't even finished mapping the entire biome yet.
Mapwriter export

Also is there a way to get Mapwriter/Opis to only export loaded chunks when it combines the images, or do you have to open the output in [image editing program of choice] and crop it every time?

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Are redwood trees still spawned randomly, or does the seed have a bearing on it somehow? I ask because in my world there's seven redwood trees in a ~300-block radius, and I haven't even finished mapping the entire biome yet.
Mapwriter export
Afaik they only spawn in Plains biomes but yes, it seems to be pretty random there, I've had Plains with 5 trees and then there were huge ones without any. But, and I don't know for sure if there's a connection or not, I've had more spawns if there's a magic forest directly connected to it.

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Do all GT machines blow up if they don't get enough power (32 EU/t, 128 EU/t, 16 EU/t, whatever)? At least my plate bending machine already blew up two times (it was connected to 3 solar panels -> 3 EU/t) and at first I didn't even know why. Is there a way to prevent this from happening (I heard this also happens if they idle?!), e.g. with a small upgrade or anything like that?

Last edited: