Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
You have a Fertiliser on the 3x3 farm? I get that a lot on my small farms too but found the problem to be easily fixed by having a slightly larger farm. For me, I had mine at 9x9.
What happened is that the Harvester harvested too fast and took out the base block together with another tree's last block. However, Harvester detects trees by detecting the base block but only start harvesting from the top. So now, what you got there is a tree that the harvester can't detect.

Having a small farm gets in the way since no other trees will grow because of the canopy, but having a larger farm means somewhere else, there's space for another tree to grow. And once a new tree grows, the harvester will detect that and starts harvesting EVERYTHING (that can be harvested) in an area larger than it's detection range, therefore getting rid of the floating tree.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
You have a Fertiliser on the 3x3 farm? I get that a lot on my small farms too but found the problem to be easily fixed by having a slightly larger farm. For me, I had mine at 9x9.
What happened is that the Harvester harvested too fast and took out the base block together with another tree's last block. However, Harvester detects trees by detecting the base block but only start harvesting from the top. So now, what you got there is a tree that the harvester can't detect.

Having a small farm gets in the way since no other trees will grow because of the canopy, but having a larger farm means somewhere else, there's space for another tree to grow. And once a new tree grows, the harvester will detect that and starts harvesting EVERYTHING (that can be harvested) in an area larger than it's detection range, therefore getting rid of the floating tree.
This. It's a bit of an error with the mechanics of how the harvester works. PC tried to fix it every version he released but nothing so far has blotted the issue out completely. Also using trees that can grow under other canopies(Sakura, ghostwood, oak[?]) will help to remedy the issue.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Which bee species have/has the "none" flowers trait?

The wikis are all pretty unhelpful on this matter <_<
As far as I'm aware, there isn't a "none" flower trait. I recommend the next best thing: rocks. stick a piece of cobble somewhere and never worry about it again.

Cuttycut

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone ever made a nuclear power plant with a working reactor and everything, if so, could you please link some pics or maybe a download. Im trying to make one but i need some inspiration, thanks :D

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone ever made a nuclear power plant with a working reactor and everything, if so, could you please link some pics or maybe a download. Im trying to make one but i need some inspiration, thanks :D
This thread on the IC2 forums has lots of great reactor setups for FTB packs (i.e. not IC2 experimental). If you're looking for design ideas for how to build the building, a google search will turn up all sorts of great reference images.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure it's in the code, but I've bred every bee available in 1.5.x except those that require Ars Magica or a holiday and I've never see it. It's possible it got bred out when I was stabilizing genomes, but I think I've had a pretty thorough bee breeding experience. Also, the official wiki page doesn't list any "none" flowering bees. The official wiki can be criticized for incompleteness in other areas, but their bee info is quite exhaustive.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I'm sure it's in the code, but I've bred every bee available in 1.5.x except those that require Ars Magica or a holiday and I've never see it. It's possible it got bred out when I was stabilizing genomes, but I think I've had a pretty thorough bee breeding experience. Also, the official wiki page doesn't list any "none" flowering bees. The official wiki can be criticized for incompleteness in other areas, but their bee info is quite exhaustive.

That is weird, because according to the other wiki, the Arid bee requires no flowers (link)

One of these entries is either wrong or outdated. >_>

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
That is weird, because according to the other wiki, the Arid bee requires no flowers (link)

One of these entries is either wrong or outdated. >_>
In my most recent world I bred Arid bees about 1 week ago. They need Dead Bushes in Unleashed. 100% certain. Perhaps in the version of Extra Bees that was in 1.4 (Ultimate et al) they didn't need flowers?

EDIT: a quick look at the wiki history tells us that the FTBWiki.org page hasn't been updated since April whereas the official wiki's page was last updated about a week ago.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
So, I have an idea for a map: Idea here
however you can see i have quite a few problems to get through so if you can help me with any of the following it will be greatly appreciated

Problems:
  • Having the ability to modify a single persons information from a Terminal Glasses Bridge without modifying everyone else's that is connected. If a public server is possible, I could be managing upwards of 40 or 50 people at once and I dont think having that many Terminal Glasses Bridges is practical, as well as needing to add a new bridge for every new player for that to happen.
  • Be able to get the information of a player (such as name) by stepping on a pressure plate
  • Adding Custom commands such as /help connect4. I think it maybe somewhat possible with the chatbox, but I am not entirely sure.
  • Make the player go back to the spawn after leaving the server, I don't want people to hop in the middle of someone else's game if the disconnect and reconnect where they were.
  • Make it so that I can have some worlds in Adventure Mode (so no block breaking) and some worlds in Survival (for when it is needed, but I am sure there will be a game where block breaking is needed)
also even though the map is intended to be played on a server, I don't want to resort to plugins

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
  • Make it so that I can have some worlds in Adventure Mode (so no block breaking) and some worlds in Survival (for when it is needed, but I am sure there will be a game where block breaking is needed)

Can't help you with the rest, but for this how about a command block right at where the player gets teleported to?

I also have a question:

Is there a thread somewhere, a guide, that shows how to build a tunnel bore in FTB Unleashed? I just don't know enough about Calclavias MFFS to build one. And the only thread I can find by 'auto mining' are from like March or so :/

Cuttycut

Jul 29, 2019
I have a problem with nei and my inventory in general. Once, i was foolishly hooking up my ultimate hybrid solar panel up to some machines, and forgot to put the transformers on, and obviously they exploded. Wasnt really surprised, but after that explosion, my inventory was acting very strang:
2013-11-24_16.16.55.png
2013-11-24_16.16.36.png
2013-11-24_16.16.33.png
I have items in my inventory, but as you can see they do not show up, same goes for nei, it doesnt show up, but i can still click the buttons where they were before, like the next page in the top right corner is still there but it doesnt show up, i know its not a problem with any mods because this problem only shows up on this world, any ideas?