Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
It still fixes some weird bugs anyway. If you don't fell like re-installing, idk what else you could do then

Cuttycut

Jul 29, 2019
You didn't happen to downgrade the mod pack version and then play that world on the older version did you?
Nope, this happened while i was playing, it started acting like this after the explosion. It looks like its just off center.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I would suggest making a backup of your player.dat then deleting the original and see if it fixes the problem. If it does you'll just need to cheat back in all your stuff.

Cuttycut

Jul 29, 2019
I would suggest making a backup of your player.dat then deleting the original and see if it fixes the problem. If it does you'll just need to cheat back in all your stuff.
Thats the problem, its not that the inventory is gone, its just that the items arent showing up, and if i hover my mouse over where an item is, this happens:
2013-11-24_17.18.08.png
2013-11-24_17.17.59.png

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I'm not talking about your inventory being gone. The problem is likely an item in your inventory OR something you searched in NEI that has an item ID conflict.

Reactions: Cuttycut

Cuttycut

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not talking about your inventory being gone. The problem is likely an item in your inventory OR something you searched in NEI that has an item ID conflict.
Well i did what you said with the player.dat file, but it didnt work, but i noticed an item named Unknown in my inventory, i deleted it and its back to normal now, Thanks a lot for the help :D

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Well i did what you said with the player.dat file, but it didnt work, but i noticed an item named Unknown in my inventory, i deleted it and its back to normal now, Thanks a lot for the help :D
Glad I could I help I guess lol.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
If you have Gregtech there is a Interdimensional Storagre Unit (I think that's what it is called) which share all the same energy. Kinda like an ender chest. Otherwise not really, you can ender chest Energy crystals around for example if you count that

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
And one more thing, is there any way to teleport eu like the tesseracts do with MJ?
There is no direct way without gregtech installed. If you go indirectly you can use power converters to make the eu into steam then tesseract the steam into another power converter making the steam back into EU. Your other choice would be charging batteries/energy crystals/lapotron crystals then transporting them through tesseract/ender chest and un-charging them into a batbox/mfe/mfsu at where you want the power.

Curtisimo

Jul 29, 2019
I've set up a system for my Steam Boiler, and I finally turned it on.
  • It's a 36HP liquid
  • It's powered by biofuel
  • The biofuel is generated by 3 stills, always full of biomatter to distill, but always at a variable low power.
  • I have one Industrial Steam hooked to the boiler and my power system, but will hopefully have 6 within a short time.
  • I started with ~280 buckets of biofuel, after consuming ~20 buckets, the boiler is raised to 28C.
  • I'm on an Unleashed SMP server.
The boiler is heating up. Will I have enough to fuel it infinitely, or should I stop and build up more biofuel?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I've set up a system for my Steam Boiler, and I finally turned it on.
  • It's a 36HP liquid
  • It's powered by biofuel
  • The biofuel is generated by 3 stills, always full of biomatter to distill, but always at a variable low power.
  • I have one Industrial Steam hooked to the boiler and my power system, but will hopefully have 6 within a short time.
  • I started with ~280 buckets of biofuel, after consuming ~20 buckets, the boiler is raised to 28C.
  • I'm on an Unleashed SMP server.
The boiler is heating up. Will I have enough to fuel it infinitely, or should I stop and build up more biofuel?

You're going to need to up your biofuel most likely. It takes 700 buckets to fully heat a 36 HP boiler over a 6 hour period. At that point it will consume 35 buckets per hour. Though once it reaches 100 you'll be able to take advantage of the power it provides to speed up your biofuel production. Each still can take ~17 MJ/t as I remember it.

Curtisimo

Jul 29, 2019
You're going to need to up your biofuel most likely. It takes 700 buckets to fully heat a 36 HP boiler over a 6 hour period. At that point it will consume 35 buckets per hour. Though once it reaches 100 you'll be able to take advantage of the power it provides to speed up your biofuel production. Each still can take ~17 MJ/t as I remember it.
Any idea how many stills it takes to make 35 buckets an hour?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019

That's the Fermenter, actually. It takes 15 MJ/t to work with, plus 1 MJ/t of power perdition that is always active, working or not. While I don't have the means to look it up right now, the still should be either 5+1 or 10+1. Tending towards the former, personally.

Any idea how many stills it takes to make 35 buckets an hour?

One still should be able to do it. I haven't actually tested this, mind, but in order to fail this job the still would have to consume biomass slower than ~33 seconds per bucket. And given enough power and biomass, I'm quite sure it's faster than that. Since you have 3 stills, I'd say you're more than sufficiently set up.

Reactions: Hoff

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Using Mekanism 5.6.0.437, how do I operate the digital miner? I give it power, config it to nick ores, and have it set to auto-eject into an active ME interface, but hitting "Start" does nothing but count the number of valid, minable blocks in the operational radius. How do I get the thing to actually mine?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Top side, chest filled with filler blocks if I'm not mistaken. At the backside of the machine, is the output. Either stick a chest directly to it or pipes will work.