Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
New question. Can you automate the forge lexicon?

(Unleashed 1.1.6)
The forge lexicon can be placed on the mystical plinth and might can be automated that way. Do note this is just a possible guess.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
No, but the Unifier from MFR can.[DOUBLEPOST=1384101791][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm fairly certain that Ars Magica 2 adds the buffs/debuffs around the cursor. It should have a config option for it.

Not sure on the second part though.

Thanks. And yeah. Some mod is messing with the oredict and pissing me off. I need to keep cheating in exttra stuff I want cause crafting defaults to one item.

NandoB

Jul 29, 2019
ok i know i sould not ask it but i do anyway, i wait for couple months now and i see direwolf20 his video's everyday and i cant wait longer.

is there coming an update for FTB to 1.6.4 or go we directly to 1.7.2 ? and can we think about next couple weeks or months ?

i know i get warnde for this but its taking now couple months when i askd the last time(with no result) i think the community wants to go further !?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
ok i know i sould not ask it but i do anyway, i wait for couple months now and i see direwolf20 his video's everyday and i cant wait longer.

is there coming an update for FTB to 1.6.4 or go we directly to 1.7.2 ? and can we think about next couple weeks or months ?

i know i get warnde for this but its taking now couple months when i askd the last time(with no result) i think the community wants to go further !?
Modded minecraft will not be moving to 1.7.2 for quite a long time. The pack will move to 1.6.4 "Soon." Other an that all you can do is wait or update the pack yourself.

Redius

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know of a Sphax x128 pack for Thaumcraft 3 (1.5.2)? The links I've found are all broken, and now the T3 gear looks horribad next to my other stuff.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have the latest unleashed 1.6.X mods lists?
I am not talking about the lists of mods in the minecraft forum but the one from ftb forum.

Thanks in advance :)

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have the latest unleashed 1.6.X mods lists?
I am not talking about the lists of mods in the minecraft forum but the one from ftb forum.

Thanks in advance :)

No one has this yet because it does not exist yet.

Posted on my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Tried that one already; didn't work (or at least it didn't update the "reaper's scythe" texture). Thanks though!
Reaper's Scythe is from Thaumic Tinkerer, which might explain why it's not included in a TC3 pack. I don't use BDCraft so I can't say for sure, but this looks promising.

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
I have a well established base now (1.5.2), and want to start on thaumcraft. I have never played with it before, but have heard warnings about using it in your main base. What is the safe distance, or can I mitigate the problems it causes of I just start a new room in my current facility.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Tried that one already; didn't work (or at least it didn't update the "reaper's scythe" texture). Thanks though!
The Reaper's Scythe is part of an addon for Thaumcraft for Thaumic Tinkerer, of which a patch 'has' been made however it's very WIP and I believe it's only in 512x, 64x and 32x unless I've missed a topic in their bdcraft thread.

Here's the link.
http://bdcraft.net/forum/wip-thaumic-tinkerer-512x

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I have a well established base now (1.5.2), and want to start on thaumcraft. I have never played with it before, but have heard warnings about using it in your main base. What is the safe distance, or can I mitigate the problems it causes of I just start a new room in my current facility.

The relevant part is where the local node is.

Research and build a thaumometer. Then, standing where you plan to have your crucible / crafting altars / etc, observe where the arrow points and follow it. You will not be able to see the node, but you should be able to approach it so closely that the behavior of the arrow leaves no doubt as to where it is. (Keep in mind that the thaumometer always points to the closest node, so depending on where you walk you might see it point at different nodes. Relevant is the one it points at when you are standing where your Thaumcraft setup is.)

Many negative flux effects, for example wisp spawns, originate from the local node. If that happens to be inside your bedroom, you're going to have a bad time. </southpark> However, it is much more likely that it's somewhere else entirely, since nodes cover very big areas. And in that case, you don't need to worry.

If you want to play it safe, find yourself a silverwood tree and set up shop nearby. If you do not know why I am suggesting this, you will eventually find out once you craft your goggles ;)

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
The relevant part is where the local node is.

Research and build a thaumometer. Then, standing where you plan to have your crucible / crafting altars / etc, observe where the arrow points and follow it. You will not be able to see the node, but you should be able to approach it so closely that the behavior of the arrow leaves no doubt as to where it is. (Keep in mind that the thaumometer always points to the closest node, so depending on where you walk you might see it point at different nodes. Relevant is the one it points at when you are standing where your Thaumcraft setup is.)

Many negative flux effects, for example wisp spawns, originate from the local node. If that happens to be inside your bedroom, you're going to have a bad time. </southpark> However, it is much more likely that it's somewhere else entirely, since nodes cover very big areas. And in that case, you don't need to worry.

If you want to play it safe, find yourself a silverwood tree and set up shop nearby. If you do not know why I am suggesting this, you will eventually find out once you craft your goggles ;)
Thanks, as luck would have it there is a Silverwood just 25 or so blocks to the north west of my base. The TC lab could be right next to/on top of/under it if there is an advantage in doing so.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
No, directly on top of it is not necessary and confers no advantages. Right where your base is now is perfect.

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
Sub question, to avoid having to readjust/expand later. How big should a fully functional TC lab be?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

I would actually suggest that you make your thaumcraft lab at your main base. If you make it somewhere far away you will be forced to chunkload the nearby nodes to allow the flux to dissipate. If you do it at your main base, your very presence(or the bases chunkloaders) will help clear the flux.
Setting up lab near a single silverwood tree wont help much either. A silverwood tree contains a very small node, and the deal is that larger nodes will send Vis to nearby nodes that have less vis. All this traffic of vis will cause flux in all your surrounding nodes.

Few of my advices:

Do all the research first before you start on the actual thaumcraft. Two things are almost vital to have at the beginning IMO: Goggles of revealing and Basic flux research(for arcane alembics).

Dont build near an obsidian totem circle. It has a rather large Unstable node in it which will actually produce bad flux. (If you do, you will have to create a larger pure node and merge them to remove the unstable node).

Once you find your main node(the one that covers your lab)(find it with goggles of revealing), build a hollow 3x3x3 cube around it. This will allow wisps to spawn, but will keep them contained. I usually make it out of glass and put in a few fence "posts" so you can kill off the wisps inside with a sword(through the gap between fence and glass). You can also add a melee turtle to kill off some of the wisps should too many spawn.

Once you are set up properly you will want to make your own Pure node for your lab. Pure nodes actually help reduce flux without causing bad stuff(bad stuff(wisps, debuffs etc) remove flux too). Pure nodes are created with silverwood trees. For this you will need a bunch of silverwood saplings(if you have dartcraft use the force mitts on the leaves for increased sapling drops). Now plant a sapling somewhere nearby your lab, but make sure its at least 20 blocks away from any existing nodes. Grow the tree, chop it down, grow a new sapling etc. Each tree will spawn a new small pure node which will merge with the pure node with the first tree. Merging nodes will cause flux, so do it over a period of time, 2-3 saplings at the time. Keep building the node up over time till its the largest in the area. 600+ should do. Having the largest node in the area as main node will prevent/limit borrowing vis from nearby nodes and thereby causing more flux. Flux will more or less then be contained to your main pure node which will get rid of it faster. Having the node contained will prevent wisps from harassing you, and the melee turtle will farm you some wispy essences.

Later you can upgrade your pure node with crystal clusters(just do the fire ones, cheaper to make) and crystal capacitors. Clusters will overcharge your node, making it contain more vis. It will also cause stone in the ground to be converted to shards which will serve as vis batteries. The capacitors will store some excess vis as well once its overcharged and in essence expand your nodes vis storage.

Example of setup: Pure node encased in glass with melee turtle
cVakSSU.jpg

Right under the node: Crystal clusters and capacitors
ROpIU6m.jpg

Simple melee turtle program: name it startup and it will resume every time you start the game/reloads the chunk, and will empty loot into a chest above it.
http://pastebin.com/nRYFDYNg