Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the best early ish game (as in I have a some diamonds (12)) Steves cart mining cart?

Also anyone else finding railcrafts way of making rails... Annoying?

Nick Dellhall

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to understand how to resolve ID conflicts when it comes to adding mods to an existing world.
In 1.6.4, when I try to add Natura, there seems to be a conflict w/ the Natura heat sand and tainted soil and BOP items.
I assume that since I have generated the world with BOP its best to reassign the Natura items a different ID, however, it says that the IDs need to be below 256 for these items - exactly how crucial is this? I did an NEI itemID dump and noticed that every slot below 256 is already filled. What items under 256 can be moved without affecting an existing world?

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Once you get somewhere around magic level 25 or so, you start gaining green skill points instead of blue ones. I'm pretty sure there's another point where you start gaining red skill points. Also, /respec.

I know the Arcane Compendium lists the bosses, and most of them have a minimum recommended magic level associated with them, but not which orb they drop.

Thanks! I guess I just have to go cast Light a bunch of times. :p

The compendium is inconsistent about whether it shows the recommended level for bosses. Some do. Some don't. :c

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Question. Anyone know what mod changes the hud like this?

http://i.imgur.com/hM8SGUf.png

I hate it and want it gone. I want my normal hud back and I dont wanna see my buffs by the corner of my screen. Someone tell me its name so it can die in a firey death.

Also, anyone know of what mod could be making it so when I try and craft something, I get the normal version instead? Im trying to craft magic wood stairs and magic wood turns into oak wood when I craft. I know GT did this but I am not currently using GT.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019

I hate it and want it gone. I want my normal hud back and I dont wanna see my buffs by the corner of my screen. Someone tell me its name so it can die in a firey death.

Also, anyone know of what mod could be making it so when I try and craft something, I get the normal version instead? Im trying to craft magic wood stairs and magic wood turns into oak wood when I craft. I know GT did this but I am not currently using GT.

The HUD sounds like DartCraft's new HUD. Did you update to the latest DartCraft recently? There should be a config to turn it back to normal somewhere.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
The HUD was infact dartcraft. One thing killed. Now I need to find out why I cant craft extra items. Its obviously some mod fixing the ore dictionary and making all outputs the main one. But I dunno what mod did that beside GT and since I dont have GT Im at a loss.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
how do I make and use a drying rack?
I got unlucky and have no cows within 300 blocks of where ive set up.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
how do I make and use a drying rack?
I got unlucky and have no cows within 300 blocks of where ive set up.
The drying rack was a buggy WIP in the 1.5.2 builds of TiC. They didn't even have a crafting recipe. You might try the last 1.5.2 build for TiC; it might have a functioning drying rack. But I know in the 1.6.x builds, it doesn't dry zombie flesh into leather, but into monster jerky.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a problem with identical items not stacking:

qgzdB0Y.png

The only difference between the two stacks is that one has that EMC tooltip and the other doesn't. I'm using one of those compiled EE3 builds for 1.6.4 alongside Equivalency. I'm assuming that this Not-Ready-For-Release-EE3 is somehow screwing up the items and making them not stack. Anyone know a way around this or should I just trash EE3?

Last edited:

Larmonade

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been building up my base and slowly working may way up the ladder of power production. At this point, I've managed to build nearly a dozen hybrid solars (9, to be exact, and working on # 10's materials now). At first, the UU-Matter was a major bottleneck, but as my power production increased, I quickly discovered that the real bottleneck here will be Uranium.

My question: when trying to break through from Hybrid solars to Ultimate hybrid solars, how do folks deal with the Uranium gathering? Do most folks turn to bees? Massive quarries? Caving and luck? For some of these panels, scraping together just the 8 Uranium for a Hybrid was tough. 64 for an ultimate is...nuts. Suggestions?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a problem with identical items not stacking:

*snip*

The only difference between the two stacks is that one has that EMC tooltip and the other doesn't. I'm using one of those compiled EE3 builds for 1.6.4 alongside Equivalency. I'm assuming that this Not-Ready-For-Release-EE3 is somehow screwing up the items and making them not stack. Anyone know a way around this or should I just trash EE3?

Toss both stacks and spawn yourself a single stack of 13...?

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been building up my base and slowly working may way up the ladder of power production. At this point, I've managed to build nearly a dozen hybrid solars (9, to be exact, and working on # 10's materials now). At first, the UU-Matter was a major bottleneck, but as my power production increased, I quickly discovered that the real bottleneck here will be Uranium.

My question: when trying to break through from Hybrid solars to Ultimate hybrid solars, how do folks deal with the Uranium gathering? Do most folks turn to bees? Massive quarries? Caving and luck? For some of these panels, scraping together just the 8 Uranium for a Hybrid was tough. 64 for an ultimate is...nuts. Suggestions?

Go with bees. That's your best bet in a situation such as that. Then it's easier to automate there production later on.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
A witch grinder with melee turtles yields heart containers from TiC, a wither skeleton grinder with iron spikes does not yield Necrotic Bones from TiC.

Do they need to be killed with "swords" to yield those drops?

(Unleashed 1.1.6)

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
A witch grinder with melee turtles yields heart containers from TiC, a wither skeleton grinder with iron spikes does not yield Necrotic Bones from TiC.

Do they need to be killed with "swords" to yield those drops?

(Unleashed 1.1.6)

They need to be killed by a "player." Computercraft uses a fake "player" for turtles and because of this the check for the drops to drop is cleared and works as if a player killed the mobs.

Turtles are the only method which fulfill that role.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019

New page. I already know the HUD is from Dartcraft. Still dunno what shows me the buffs by my cursor or what mod affects the ore dictionary outside of GT which I dont have.

http://i.imgur.com/HD40VjB.jpg

Thats a list of my mods. Cant find which would make it so when I craft something from alternate items, I dont get the alternate output.(Magic Wood into magic steps and not magic wood into oak steps)

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
They need to be killed by a "player." Computercraft uses a fake "player" for turtles and because of this the check for the drops to drop is cleared and works as if a player killed the mobs.

Turtles are the only method which fulfill that role.
Awesome, thanks~!

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
New question. Can you automate the forge lexicon?

(Unleashed 1.1.6)
No, but the Unifier from MFR can.[DOUBLEPOST=1384101791][/DOUBLEPOST]
New page. I already know the HUD is from Dartcraft. Still dunno what shows me the buffs by my cursor or what mod affects the ore dictionary outside of GT which I dont have.

http://i.imgur.com/HD40VjB.jpg

Thats a list of my mods. Cant find which would make it so when I craft something from alternate items, I dont get the alternate output.(Magic Wood into magic steps and not magic wood into oak steps)
I'm fairly certain that Ars Magica 2 adds the buffs/debuffs around the cursor. It should have a config option for it.

Not sure on the second part though.

Reactions: Succubism