Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Would people play a 1.6.4 pack with these mods + TE?

2w6mAsz.png

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019

2w6mAsz.png
I wouldn't like Oreregen or Trailmix. And mods like Veinminer or flatsigns I wouldn't use either. But then again, right now I'm thinking in terms of AutoMagiTech where I'm only focused on Tech and Magic mods so I'm not looking at this as well as I could.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't like Oreregen or Trailmix. And mods like Veinminer or flatsigns I wouldn't use either. But then again, right now I'm thinking in terms of AutoMagiTech where I'm only focused on Tech and Magic mods so I'm not looking at this as well as I could.
Just remembered, missing MMMPS :/

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
Playing without Gregtech is way to easy imo.

But i can not find any server that run Unleashed+Gregtech.
Checked the server section here. Have i missed anything. Please point me in the direction of a server that run Gregtech+Unleashed if you can!

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Not quite. I don't like Treecapitator, but Axe of the Stream has the advantage that you get all the items straight into your inventory.
Treecap has the advantage of removing leaves, of course the Scythe exists, that is another tool to be carrying around, and when chopping a Twilight Oak you need all the inv space you can get.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Treecap has the advantage of removing leaves, of course the Scythe exists, that is another tool to be carrying around, and when chopping a Twilight Oak you need all the inv space you can get.
For chopping down a Twilight Oak, a quarry is my tool of choice.[DOUBLEPOST=1383903091][/DOUBLEPOST]
I thought Forge Multipart was needed for Project Red.

Reactions: loboca

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
For chopping down a Twilight Oak, a quarry is my tool of choice.
If you plant a canopy tree directly next to a Twilight Oak and lumber axe the canopy tree, you'll take down the entire TO. It's a pretty neat trick that I learned from Wylds stream a couple nights ago.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
If you plant a canopy tree directly next to a Twilight Oak and lumber axe the canopy tree, you'll take down the entire TO. It's a pretty neat trick that I learned from Wylds stream a couple nights ago.
I don't like taking advantage of exploits. And even if it isn't considered an exploit, I don't like using tools that are too powerful. Some things are supposed to take a bit of time and effort.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019

It's a pretty neat trick that caused my friend to crash the entire server, repeatedly (until we figured out what was wrong).

If your twilight oak or your canopy tree are linked to any other trees in the same way you aim to set them up here, then they will be affected too. And if those other trees are themselves connected to yet more trees, they will be affected too. And so on. As a result, if you use an axe of the stream in the twilight forest, you might be hitting half a biome full of 100+ meter tall trees. Instant server death with a single mouseclick.

Reactions: un worry

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I don't like taking advantage of exploits. And even if it isn't considered an exploit, I don't like using tools that are too powerful. Some things are supposed to take a bit of time and effort.
Considering the huge amount of wood it will completely destroy a metal Lumber axe. And it is not an exploit, since, as I said, it requires a huge amount of durability.
It's a pretty neat trick that caused my friend to crash the entire server, repeatedly (until we figured out what was wrong).

If your twilight oak or your canopy tree are linked to any other trees in the same way you aim to set them up here, then they will be affected too. And if those other trees are themselves connected to yet more trees, they will be affected too. And so on. As a result, if you use an axe of the stream in the twilight forest, you might be hitting half a biome full of 100+ meter tall trees. Instant server death with a single mouseclick.
Oh yeah definitely. Flipz almost crashed both of our clients and the server when accidentally shift punching a Twilight Oak with his MPS power thingy (Treecap was installed), everything froze for a short burst of time, and thankfully it all came back. I looked back to see what had happened and saw mountains of wood falling from the sky.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
In Ars Magica 2, is there a way to obtain non-blue skill points other than getting extremely lucky with worldgen loot or grinding bosses? I put all my points into Utility and Defense spells and can't exactly go toe-to-toe with a boss. :/

Also, is there a list somewhere of which boss drops what infinity orb and what difficulty each one is?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Actually, the axe of the stream does! It's a new thing :p
Well, it's not exactly immediate, but it is hugely accelerated.

Personally, I would disable Treecapitator in any mod pack that I use for SSP. If the rest of the pack is good enough to make that small step worthwhile (as compared to another pack that didn't need that step), then I would consider doing it. VeinMiner looks a bit similar, but really, is it worth adding a mod for the tiny amount of effort that it saves?

The problem that I face when looking at a big mod list is, I don't exactly know all the mods that I use. For instance, I have no idea what mod adds the clipboard (ok, I do now, I just looked it up - and I see you don't have DartCraft, but I can live without it). So I might start using the pack, and then find that something that I love and would miss terribly isn't in it. Has anyone spotted any obvious omissions that I might not have?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
In Ars Magica 2, is there a way to obtain non-blue skill points other than getting extremely lucky with worldgen loot or grinding bosses? I put all my points into Utility and Defense spells and can't exactly go toe-to-toe with a boss. :/

Also, is there a list somewhere of which boss drops what infinity orb and what difficulty each one is?
Once you get somewhere around magic level 25 or so, you start gaining green skill points instead of blue ones. I'm pretty sure there's another point where you start gaining red skill points. Also, /respec.

I know the Arcane Compendium lists the bosses, and most of them have a minimum recommended magic level associated with them, but not which orb they drop.