Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. They have the same mechanics as vanilla spawners, except for the fact that they can be turned off with redstone.

That's... seriously terrible. The redstone signal and the easier ability to make spawners of exotic mobs seems to be the only advantage over just Force Wrenching some spawners. >:/

Thanks for your help anyway.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
The shiny blue effect is caused by vanilla enchants. If you notice the 2 shiny ones have Fortune and Silk touch which are vanilla enchants. The others do not. TC makes use of some of the vanilla enchants for its applied effects.

I think this has changed for 1.6.4. I did some creative testing and stacked a basic iron sword (iron blade, paper cross guard, thaumium handle) then added a nether star & gold block w/ diamond to max the modifiers. Then stacked over 500 quartz on it. The lettering never changed to shiny (stayed white) and it never went to sharpeness II or sharpness III. It did say that the damage value was 10.5 hearts.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
I think this has changed for 1.6.4. I did some creative testing and stacked a basic iron sword (iron blade, paper cross guard, thaumium handle) then added a nether star & gold block w/ diamond to max the modifiers. Then stacked over 500 quartz on it. The lettering never changed to shiny (stayed white) and it never went to sharpeness II or sharpness III. It did say that the damage value was 10.5 hearts.
My quartz laden sword in unleashed also doesn't shine. I suspect this is because quartz adds extra damage incrementally rather than jumping up tiers of sharpness and thus doesn't use the vanilla enchant.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
My quartz laden sword in unleashed also doesn't shine. I suspect this is because quartz adds extra damage incrementally rather than jumping up tiers of sharpness and thus doesn't use the vanilla enchant.

Interesting... I'll do some more testing tonight with a pick and stacking redstone on it. Might be worth going back in history as well and check TiC for 1.4.6 & 1.5.2.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, is there a replacement for the Fabricator from Xycraft that doesn't take ages to make an item like the Auto Workbench?

I'm playing Unleashed 1.1.6

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hey guys, is there a replacement for the Fabricator from Xycraft that doesn't take ages to make an item like the Auto Workbench?

I'm playing Unleashed 1.1.6
Dartcraft Force Transport pipe. Make a pipe, make an item card. Modify card with a crafting table in the Infuser. Rightclick new Crafting card, set recipe, put card in pipe and bingo autocrafting pipe.

Simple setup as part of my ME network:
8MOwk8U.jpg

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Dartcraft Force Transport pipe. Make a pipe, make an item card. Modify card with a crafting table in the Infuser. Rightclick new Crafting card, set recipe, put card in pipe and bingo autocrafting pipe.

Simple setup as part of my ME network:
Worked perfectly, thank you~!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
TE's cyclic assembler also crafts up to 20 items per second.
Its pretty nice yeah, but downside is that it needs to be supplied power. Force pipe is nice since its more stand-alone, but it does have a limited crafting capacity. So if you need to craft a lot in short time, and you have access to MJ, then yeah assembler is preferred.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
MFR's Liquicrafter only needs a redstone pulse to craft, right? I bet you could use a really fast clock to get 10 crafts/sec out of that. I suppose I'd prefer the slight MJ drain, though. Less headache to set up and still faster.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
MFR's Liquicrafter only needs a redstone pulse to craft, right? I bet you could use a really fast clock to get 10 crafts/sec out of that. I suppose I'd prefer the slight MJ drain, though. Less headache to set up and still faster.
Yeah its like 1-2 Mj per craft or something. Not per tick but per actual craft. So wont consume energy when there's nothing to be crafted.
Also, I solely use the Force pipe for crafting recipes consisting of only one material(make melon seeds from melon slices, grains of metals into dust, wood logs into planks). If its more complex recipes you will have to do something to make sure you get proper ratios of the different materials piped in. Then its probably easier to use the assembler.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
And now to something completely different...
I would like to automate emptying Spoil Bags. I know that rightclicking a bag on a chest(or other inventory I guess) will empty its contents into it. But how would that be done these days without a deployer?

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Unless something has changed lately, you Can Not automate emptying spoil bags, unless an actual Player has had the bag in their inventory.

The items inside aren't generated until an actual Person has them in their possession.

If you want to automate it after that.. why not just right click an inventory yourself.. ?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Unless something has changed lately, you Can Not automate emptying spoil bags, unless an actual Player has had the bag in their inventory.

The items inside aren't generated until an actual Person has them in their possession.

If you want to automate it after that.. why not just right click an inventory yourself.. ?
I would like to be able to just chuck the bags into my ender pouch when I'm out and about and have the ME system take care of it all. I'm not talking about bags from a mobfarm. Only those that I get manually when killing the odd mob that's in the way.
Atm I either have to manually empty the bags and then put the contents into my enderpouch. But thats a pain with a lot of building materials in inventory. Or I have to occationally take the bags out of the system back home and then empty them.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I would like to be able to just chuck the bags into my ender pouch when I'm out and about and have the ME system take care of it all. I'm not talking about bags from a mobfarm. Only those that I get manually when killing the odd mob that's in the way.
Atm I either have to manually empty the bags and then put the contents into my enderpouch. But thats a pain with a lot of building materials in inventory. Or I have to occationally take the bags out of the system back home and then empty them.

Not sure if it will work. But I would try a turtle. A lot of what they do is based on a "fake" player. That is how they get mobs to drop items that only should happen when a player kills the mob.

I know I've placed down a normal wooden chest and just click on it with the bag and it empties the bag into the chest. From there you can use whatever automation to empty the chest.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Supply a turtle(fill its inventory except for the first slot) with the bags you chuck in. Aim the turtle at a chest with an import bus or at a interface if that'll work. Turtle startup code:

Code:
while true do
  if turtle.getItemCount(1)>0 then
  turtle.place()
  end
  sleep(3)
end

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Supply a turtle(fill its inventory except for the first slot) with the bags you chuck in. Aim the turtle at a chest with an import bus or at a interface if that'll work. Turtle startup code:

Code:
while true do
  if turtle.getItemCount(1)>0 then
  turtle.place()
  end
  sleep(3)
end
Works like a charm!

Edit: almost, those damn buggy "Stone" you find in the bags/chests occationally mess up the extraction of items from the chest. But gonna try and leave them in the lower left corner of the chest, so priority should remove all the other items first.