Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

axelwomble

Jul 29, 2019
How can i use "Liquiduct" to pump lava out of an "Iron Tank". I have applied the redstone single and everything and still nothing.... It is on a valve and it does form the tank and is full of lava. I am playing on FTB Unleashed Server 1.1.7

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
How can i use "Liquiduct" to pump lava out of an "Iron Tank". I have applied the redstone single and everything and still nothing.... It is on a valve and it does form the tank and is full of lava. I am playing on FTB Unleashed Server 1.1.7
Click the liquiduct connected to the tank with a wrench so it shows the little triangle. Then the duct is in "pump" mode. Its sort of like redstone energy conduits. There's an input and output mode for each length of duct.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an easy way to distribute a private modpack for a private server other than just linking my friends to each and every mod download page?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Is there an easy way to distribute a private modpack for a private server other than just linking my friends to each and every mod download page?
As I understand it, it's pretty easy to throw up a pack on the technic launcher. Possibly ATLauncher as well.

axelwomble

Jul 29, 2019
Click the liquiduct connected to the tank with a wrench so it shows the little triangle. Then the duct is in "pump" mode. Its sort of like redstone energy conduits. There's an input and output mode for each length of duct.
I did that and it still will not pump at all can you come to my server and check it out?

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
As I understand it, it's pretty easy to throw up a pack on the technic launcher. Possibly ATLauncher as well.

Doesn't ATLauncher only link the user to the mod's download page if the modpack doesn't have permission to redistribute?

Manetheren1012

Jul 29, 2019
hey guys, ive been wondering about the xp turtle, i have unleashed 1.1.3 and it dosent seen to be in it. i have misc pheripherals installed and it dosent show up in NEI. please help

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Doesn't ATLauncher only link the user to the mod's download page if the modpack doesn't have permission to redistribute?
No clue don't use it much.
hey guys, ive been wondering about the xp turtle, i have unleashed 1.1.3 and it dosent seen to be in it. i have misc pheripherals installed and it dosent show up in NEI. please help

Nei doesn't show misc peripheral turtles through searching. You'd have to look up the uses for an enchantment table to see that they can be crafted.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
So steves carts are kind of useless after they mine a certain amount of blocks in each direction, right? Since fuel cost and time to get to new materials takes quite a lot of time.

So I was thinking portal gun, whci works rather well, except it feels kind of cheaty, is there any other methods like the portal gun except perhaps costing resources or something?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
So steves carts are kind of useless after they mine a certain amount of blocks in each direction, right? Since fuel cost and time to get to new materials takes quite a lot of time.

So I was thinking portal gun, whci works rather well, except it feels kind of cheaty, is there any other methods like the portal gun except perhaps costing resources or something?
Mystcraft. You'll need to find an age with crystals and spend the gold to make intra linking books.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Uh how do I actually get a steves cart, cart to go into a mystcraft portal? It just keeps bouncing back and forth, never falling off the track into the portal.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Uh how do I actually get a steves cart, cart to go into a mystcraft portal? It just keeps bouncing back and forth, never falling off the track into the portal.

You probably have the cart linking in on top of the other portal. That in turn causes it to bounce back to the other portal. Separate the link in locations from the portals. For example when you go through a portal have it appear about 2 to 3 blocks away from the portal on the other side. Remember linking books take into account location and direction.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
You probably have the cart linking in on top of the other portal. That in turn causes it to bounce back to the other portal. Separate the link in locations from the portals. For example when you go through a portal have it appear about 2 to 3 blocks away from the portal on the other side. Remember linking books take into account location and direction.

Sorry, what I meant was its not even coming off the track to get into contact with the portal and I can't put any track "inside" the portal frame otherwise it won't create the portal.

QKninja

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps put the portal on the ground, and have the cart "fall" into it? Then when it links back that linking book goes back to the tracks a couple blocks away, as Henry Link suggested?