Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I know this is working in my test world.
2013-11-12_23.42.12.png

Reactions: PhantomRage

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't ATLauncher only link the user to the mod's download page if the modpack doesn't have permission to redistribute?
The ATLauncher directly links you to any mods' adfly, mediafire etc. links if it is a mod that has no permission to be redistributed (while in the modpack download stage).

Reactions: SpitefulFox

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
The ATLauncher directly links you to any mods' adfly, mediafire etc. links if it is a mod that has no permission to be redistributed (while in the modpack download stage).

Doesn't seem to be much of an improvement over just handing my friends all the download links. :/

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't seem to be much of an improvement over just handing my friends all the download links. :/
in the Resonant Rise modpack i had to click download on 3 or 4 mods out of like 100, and it even made it so it would auto download to the right location, sent it to my technologically challenged friend and even she got it. I'm sure your friends will do fine

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps put the portal on the ground, and have the cart "fall" into it? Then when it links back that linking book goes back to the tracks a couple blocks away, as Henry Link suggested?
I know this is working in my test world.

Thats just the thing though, my mining cart won't actually fall off the track. If it detects theres no more track there it just goes back the direction it came. Weird.

Are you by chance using an older version of steves carts? I am using the latest 1.6.4 version.

I also tried using launcher tracks to forcefully smash my cart through a portal but the cart wouldn't even run over the launcher track. (honestly loved this idea)

Edit: just tested manually kicking/pushing my cart through the portal and that worked.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
It distributes the config, and really few mods need to be downloaded (Thaumcraft, Twilight Forest and Railcraft, for example).

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hmm I have for a long time had this odd bug where I can hear occasional chicken sounds in my base. This is happening at present in Unleashed 1.1.3 and it was also happening in DW20 1.4.7.
At times it drove me nuts and I have looked everywhere. In unleashed I used the Minimap Radar function to indeed make sure there is no chickens in the area. Anyone know what's causing this?
I know I could use those soundmuffler blocks, but I rather like having the other sounds. Just not the ghost chickens...

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
No, directly on top of it is not necessary and confers no advantages. Right where your base is now is perfect.
I got the shell done, and have made a start on the first bits after the book including some early research (nitor lamps). The node that the thaumometer points to its right at the base of that silver tree, should I try to enclose it?

(Base is a bit of a mess this run, lol)

2013-11-11_215007_zps5c9f7741.png

Reactions: SpitefulFox

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I got the shell done, and have made a start on the first bits after the book including some early research (nitor lamps). The node that the thaumometer points to its right at the base of that silver tree, should I try to enclose it?

(Base is a bit of a mess this run, lol)

2013-11-11_215007_zps5c9f7741.png
Is your thaumlab the semi crescent building to the right?
If so then the silverwood tree location seems reasonable place to build your node.
I would reccomend getting a pair of Force Mitts(Dartcraft) and then chop down all the leaves on the silverwood tree(and remove the wood aswell). Then plant one of the saplings you just got from the leaves in the spot where the first tree stood. Repeat this around 3 times and you should have a medium sized node that should cover the entire lab. Then encase it(leave a 3x3x3 hollow chamber around the block 1 block over the surface exactly where the tree stood (Use glass one some sides so you can keep an eye on how many wisps are inside. If too many wisps spawn they could start glitching each other through the walls and cause lag). That should give you a decent starting node. When you get goggles you can scout the area further and get a better understanding of layout of nodes etc.

Reactions: wildc4rd

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Thats just the thing though, my mining cart won't actually fall off the track. If it detects theres no more track there it just goes back the direction it came. Weird.

Are you by chance using an older version of steves carts? I am using the latest 1.6.4 version.

I also tried using launcher tracks to forcefully smash my cart through a portal but the cart wouldn't even run over the launcher track. (honestly loved this idea)

Edit: just tested manually kicking/pushing my cart through the portal and that worked.

I did my testing in the 1.5.2 DW20 pack. I'll see if I can do some testing 1.6.4 tonight. It might take me a bit because I don't have anything setup for SC2 or mystcraft yet. My current 1.6.4 is just setup for magic & TiC.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I need some help. Hopefully I will get it here. :X
I have some mods right now that isn't playing nicely with each other.
Right now, I got some issues with UE's Basic Components. When I want to craft the bronze/steel plates for the circuits, they only requires TiCo's paper stacks.
After I remove TiCo, it now wants Aluminium Ingots from EmasherCore(Engineer's Toolbox) for both the bronze and steel plates.
With Emasher's mods all removed, the bronze plate is now requesting for 4 bronze ingots from Basic Components, which is good but now the Steel Plate wants Tin Ingots from RotaryCraft.
And finally with RotaryCraft removed as well, I've got Steel Plate asking for Steel Ingots from Basic Components.

Anyone with the knowledge on how to solve this issue help me with it? I really do not want to remove those mods. :(

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
You have item id conflicts. They don't crash and thus can be hard to find. Delve deep into the configs.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way for a cart to pull out of all sides (as in use all sides) (cargo manager)But still have it able to determine which slot an item goes in from so it gets put in the proper slot?

I am trying to have a golem fill up a cargo manager with coal coke/rails/stone/etc but it keep just shoving it in the first available slot.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I've just checked all the config files with regards to the conflict but none of them share an ID with Basic Component's Bronze and Steel Ingots. They aren't even anywhere near the range as well except Tinkers' Construct Paper Stacks (Which is under Materials) and I've changed that too. And still, it is calling for Paper Stacks. :(

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image (2).jpg
    New Bitmap Image (2).jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 72

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I uploaded a screenshot of the mods I have. Hopefully someone can help me with this. :/
To find item ID conflicts, you'll need to check the Forge logs found in the root minecraft instance folder. Search the log for "conflict" and "overwrit", and note every time it happens. (There are some cases, like in RailCraft and MFR where these are intentional and can be ignored)

One thing to note is that sometimes the item ID listed in a config file is offset by 256 of what it is in game. I haven't found a rhyme or reason on when it occurs, but it's not consistent.

Once you've identified the problem IDs, you should be able to reassign those to a free ID and go from there.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
To find item ID conflicts, you'll need to check the Forge logs found in the root minecraft instance folder. Search the log for "conflict" and "overwrit", and note every time it happens. (There are some cases, like in RailCraft and MFR where these are intentional and can be ignored)

One thing to note is that sometimes the item ID listed in a config file is offset by 256 of what it is in game. I haven't found a rhyme or reason on when it occurs, but it's not consistent.

Once you've identified the problem IDs, you should be able to reassign those to a free ID and go from there.
Well, only file I've found is IDConflicts.txt which I've just attached. Where as for the Overwrite file, I do not see any at all. :/
Also, I've already changed the ID for noted inside the txt file.

Attachments

• IDConflicts.txt
    1 KB · Views: 99