Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed in my experiments that it seemed like that was the case. I looked in the monitor and reactor for a tab to tell it what to do when it received a redstone signal but didn't see any kind of tab like a pulverizer or several other things have. So unless I'm blind, the GUI is out. I have attempted to use a gate before, but I couldn't figure out where to place it. As far as I know my only two options to hook the monitor to the reactor are rednet cables or redstone dust, both of which I couldn't place a gate on/in. (I was trying an autacratic gate)
Omicron told you about a NOT gate, even with a link. No mention of the Buildcraft gates. Follow the link and learn. It refers to the redstone torch, which (if properly used) works as an inverter. http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Logic_circuit/NOT (leftmost version, it's a view from the top) is the variant you're looking for.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
As far as I know my only two options to hook the monitor to the reactor are rednet cables or redstone dust, both of which I couldn't place a gate on/in. (I was trying an autacratic gate)
Gates go on pipes, so try making a Cobblestone Structure Pipe with Red Pipe Wire and Iron And Gates, and use that a bit like it was Rednet. Or, use Rednet with a Programmable Rednet Controller. Or a vanilla block&torch inverter.

Reactions: strive

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you, very succinct and what I wanted to hear! So 1/4 of the genome pool is replaced with the higher species entire 'mutated' set and the distribution is mendelian from there. Perfect.
I think my biggest realization from this conversation is the above, as well as finally grasping that the genes are represented as being on different chromosomes and segregate independantly, i.e. no two genes are ever linked unless bound by species (biome, humidity etc). One other thing- the recently acquired mutational set must segregate immediately, as I never see the default genome as complete, just scattered alleles amongst the progeny, makes sense now.
It's not 1/4, but 1/2. If the random generator results in a mutation on the first chance, the resulting child will behave, as if the princess was a full default princess of the new mutation, not only half of it. (If it works on the second chance, it's as if the drone would be full default of the new mutation.) For all the chromosomes, one allele of the parent princess and one of the parent drone is chosen, while being random which of those two will be the primary and which will be secondary one.
Very technical explanation: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...cifics-behind-bee-mutation.30488/#post-416339
The example in the post after it helps in understanding that algorithm.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Yooo so I just made a bunch of that gaseous glowstone stuff from thaumic tinkerer. Now it's everywhere in my base. How do I get rid of that junk?

strive

Jul 29, 2019
Omicron told you about a NOT gate, even with a link. No mention of the Buildcraft gates. Follow the link and learn. It refers to the redstone torch, which (if properly used) works as an inverter. http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Logic_circuit/NOT (leftmost version, it's a view from the top) is the variant you're looking for.

Ah, I've never really messed around with redstone circuitry so when I saw gates, I assumed buildcraft gates.. I even went into NEI and was looking for not gates and assumed I didn't have them. I now have mastered building an inverter/not gate. Thanks for the help everyone, my house should now be safe from nuclear winter.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft 4: I am having trouble researching grass and other greenery related things... Anyone got a hint as to what I should do? I mean I've already got terra and such.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft 4: I am having trouble researching grass and other greenery related things... Anyone got a hint as to what I should do? I mean I've already got terra and such.
Assuming you have Life (Victus), try scanning some seeds. That should help you open up more greenery.[DOUBLEPOST=1382304389][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yooo so I just made a bunch of that gaseous glowstone stuff from thaumic tinkerer. Now it's everywhere in my base. How do I get rid of that junk?
In TC3, after the two gas researches in TT, you should be able to research a Fume Dissapator that does exactly what it says. In TC4, that research automatically unlocks after you research the two gasses.

stentninja

Jul 29, 2019
hi all
i want to get a witch far going using soul shards ive got a teir 4 (800kills) wither skelly shard an i want to use the liquads xp to spawn witch in spawner thanks to mfr
1) i dont know if soul shard spawns cout as liquads xp to a grinder ?
2) do the MFR spawner cout on a soul shard if i spawn witchs?
3) how can I remove a soul cage with a shard in it after i set it down?
thanks all who respond

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
1) Yes.
2) Yes.
3) Pickaxe. You get the cage and the Soul Shard back.
4) wth is it about the tier 4 wither skelly shard? Does that make any sense in this question?

stentninja

Jul 29, 2019
I want to make a teir 4 witch spawned using liquid Xp from the wither skelly shard

Can I kill witch spawned from a mfr spawned.

raven0ak

Jul 29, 2019
asking again for steves cart mod: can you automate repairing the tool or must go manually repair it when it breaks?

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
If you lose your thaumonomicon in Thaumcraft3, do you hvae to start reseaching everything all over?

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
If you lose your thaumonomicon in Thaumcraft3, do you hvae to start reseaching everything all over?

Nope, your research progress is stored to your player file and will be present in all thaumonomonomicons you read (Even those made by other people)

Reactions: zorn

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Fairly sure it doesn't, as it would need to implement genome information for the multifarm to accept it.

You can however breed a tree called "Orchard Apple" from Extra Trees / Binnie's Mods that fulfills the same function.

Reactions: Gerald Huppertz