Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
Fairly sure it doesn't, as it would need to implement genome information for the multifarm to accept it.

You can however breed a tree called "Orchard Apple" from Extra Trees / Binnie's Mods that fulfills the same function.

I don't think that mods need to implement genome information for MultiFarms to work, as Force Saplings work on the Multifarm just fine, and I don't think they can be used in the treebreeding system.
Forestry farms have worked for me for any type of sapling I've used so far.. although if Forestry farms don't work, you could always try using MFR farms.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think that mods need to implement genome information for MultiFarms to work, as Force Saplings work on the Multifarm just fine, and I don't think they can be used in the treebreeding system.
Forestry farms have worked for me for any type of sapling I've used so far.. although if Forestry farms don't work, you could always try using MFR farms.

I don't play with the Unleashed pack so I can't really tell but I think I read somewhere that they didn't work and the code somehow had to change for them to work. That's atleast what I can remember :b

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
asking again for steves cart mod: can you automate repairing the tool or must go manually repair it when it breaks?

Nope.. There is no way with the cargo manager to have it repair the cart. I tried. You also cant just put a stack of diamonds in it. The machine will do its repair and then sit there until you remove the diamonds from the repair slot. Hence, I stopped using stevecarts. Hopefully the next version will at least give you the ability to repair the cart via some automated means.

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
I have a ME system
I have Molecular Assembler Chamber with patterns.
Here: http://prntscr.com/1ytl8n

It works alright, but it can not create Laptron Crystals?
Why?

It just refueses to buidild them and complains that it is out of Energy crystals. Sure we are out of energy crystals, but there is a pattern to build those when needed aswell.
So why aint it building the energy crystals?

Same happens when i want to build a MFSU that need Laptron Crystals, it stops and complains on not having any laptron crystals.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's a bug or something with the energy bar on the energy crystal.
I don't think it had this in 1.4, but sure does in 1.5

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
I have a ME system
I have Molecular Assembler Chamber with patterns.
Here: http://prntscr.com/1ytl8n

It works alright, but it can not create Laptron Crystals?
Why?

It just refueses to buidild them and complains that it is out of Energy crystals. Sure we are out of energy crystals, but there is a pattern to build those when needed aswell.
So why aint it building the energy crystals?

Same happens when i want to build a MFSU that need Laptron Crystals, it stops and complains on not having any laptron crystals.
My best suggestion for making it work is to remake your pattern for the MFSU, making sure to use empty crystals (ie, what they're like when you craft them). That way the MFSU recipe won't try looking for full crystals when trying to craft it. If this doesn't work, then I got nuthin'.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
My best suggestion for making it work is to remake your pattern for the MFSU, making sure to use empty crystals (ie, what they're like when you craft them). That way the MFSU recipe won't try looking for full crystals when trying to craft it. If this doesn't work, then I got nuthin'.

That will work.. Tested when making a q-suit.

This is also true for anything that uses storage. Like batteries, energy crystals, lapotron crystals, nano & quantium armor.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Two questions. Never made a multifarm. But Im not using MFR in my 1.6.2 pack so I need to learn how, where should I go?

Second. What is the spawn range of a creeper spawner? Im trying to figure out how best to make a creeper farm since I found a mob spawner. But its hard.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Two questions. Never made a multifarm. But Im not using MFR in my 1.6.2 pack so I need to learn how, where should I go?

Second. What is the spawn range of a creeper spawner? Im trying to figure out how best to make a creeper farm since I found a mob spawner. But its hard.

For the multi farm the best source of info is http://forestry.sengir.net/wiki.new/doku.php?id=farms:structure. Pay close attention on how to configure the farm for the type of plants you want to grow or harvest.

As for the creeper spawner, their rules are the same as a skelly & zombie. So you will need an 8x8x3 box for them to spawn in. They will spawn in mid air. Also it must be dark in the room for the spawner to work. Also, you have to be within 16 blocks of the spawner as well. Be very carefull setting up this thing.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
For the multi farm the best source of info is http://forestry.sengir.net/wiki.new/doku.php?id=farms:structure. Pay close attention on how to configure the farm for the type of plants you want to grow or harvest.

As for the creeper spawner, their rules are the same as a skelly & zombie. So you will need an 8x8x3 box for them to spawn in. They will spawn in mid air. Also it must be dark in the room for the spawner to work. Also, you have to be within 16 blocks of the spawner as well. Be very carefull setting up this thing.

Oh. So no weird spawning like blaze spawners? Well thats not bad.

But how would you actually automate it? Cause.. creepers bad. Very bad. A belt system into a pit? Do they drop items if not killed normally? Dont care about the exp, just want the gunpowder.

Whispie

Jul 29, 2019
What is new in Unleashed 1.1.5 that differs from 1.1.4?

(If you can direct me to where I can find this info on my own in the future, it would be appreciated. I have tried, but I think I'm either looking in the wrong places or using the wrong search terms)

RoloisRight

Jul 29, 2019
What is new in Unleashed 1.1.5 that differs from 1.1.4?

More messes? You'll need to manually re-add Natura since the one in the pack is broken (0 bytes). If you use Modular Powersuits, you'll probably want to update that to at least build 575 to fix some crashes with the GUI. It's probably a good idea to downgrade your IC2 to build 374 while you're replacing files. Unless you're starting a new world and manually replacing those files or you're interested in helping find more bugs, I would suggest pretending it doesn't exist for now. Hopefully it gets a repack soon or maybe we'll see a faster 1.1.6.

Changelogs can be found here
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/forums/mod-pack-changelogs.62/

EDIT:
Well, look at that, 1.1.6 is already out. Looks like it just got added about an hour ago.:D

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
In Thaumcraft 4 does taint spread have a limit? I can't seem to get it to spread more than say 8 chunks or so.

Rtd

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any particular reason to not replace AE by the latest version (rv13.c) in the Unleashed pack ?

Thank you in advance :)

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Is there any particular reason to not replace AE by the latest version (rv13.c) in the Unleashed pack ?

Thank you in advance :)

While that is a good question. I don't think anyone in this thread can answer that question. This thread is more about how do I do this in this pack. However, there is no reason you can't add it manually to your pack. Just keep in mind that if you play on servers they may be using the version that comes by default in the pack.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
In Thaumcraft 4 does taint spread have a limit? I can't seem to get it to spread more than say 8 chunks or so.
I honestly hope it's a built-in limit to the spread of a single taint "cluster". I'd rather not have EVERYTHING overrun by taint.

That said, try moving another Dark node near your taint area and it will hopefully expand it a bit more.

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
Looking for a stable and active server that run FTB Unleashed + Gregtech.
A server that have active moderators and admins.
A server that works well and dont ban to many mods/items.

Any tips?