Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way in Ultimate to turn IC2 sounds back on? I miss the sounds of the machines running...

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to travel great distances without lag? For some reason in single player I just huge amounts of what appears to be server lag when I portal gun from one place to another. Admittedly said places are 80000 (eighty thousand) blocks apart but the lag continues sporadically for as much as 20 minutes. Sometimes I can mine with no trouble but other times I get this weird rollback effect.

Ideas? Also I am surrounded by Oceanic Abyss biomes, hence why I needed to travel so far to get from my base to some newly generated chunks (after realizing I forgot to add in copper and tin generation)

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Rollback to Minecraft 1.2.5.

Seriously though, you probably have no choice other then to quit/reload your world after a bad teleport.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Rollback to Minecraft 1.2.5.

Seriously though, you probably have no choice other then to quit/reload your world after a bad teleport..

Hiding things in impossible to see white text ain't cool. As for your question hisagishi, what kind of hard drive do you have? When Minecraft is generating chunks, it becomes very CPU and disk intensive. I found putting FTB on a solid state drive helped immensely, having a poorly performing older drive would have the opposite effect.[DOUBLEPOST=1382655761][/DOUBLEPOST]
In Thaumcraft 4, is there a source of Permutatio that doesn't suck?

It may of changed from TC3, but I know Seeds, Silver Ingots, and Eggs had it. There was also eggs and pumpkin pie, I personally used eggs because I had a chicken farm already.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Hiding things in impossible to see white text ain't cool. As for your question hisagishi, what kind of hard drive do you have? When Minecraft is generating chunks, it becomes very CPU and disk intensive. I found putting FTB on a solid state drive helped immensely, having a poorly performing older drive would have the opposite effect.[DOUBLEPOST=1382655761][/DOUBLEPOST]

It may of changed from TC3, but I know Seeds, Silver Ingots, and Eggs had it. There was also eggs and pumpkin pie, I personally used eggs because I had a chicken farm already.

Oh I didn't even know that was there...

Anyhow its a seagate F3 1TB. Speeds should be around 70-100MB/s (Note I am running my OS off this drive also.)

I'll check it out and report back, thanks. As for CPU I have an i5 3350P @ 3.7ghz so I doubt its that. Might be though.

As for Spitefuls question, I think copper usually has it. Which might be easier to get... maybe.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019

Eggs and seeds don't have it anymore and there's no silver in this modpack. Only sources of Permutatio I've found are Hoppers and Shimmerleaves neither of which are convenient to mass produce for the amount of permutatio the game seems to expect you to have lying around. Only other sources I've found are Dartcraft's Force Rod and Force Infuser, neither of which are that much more convenient to mass produce and still begging the question of what standalone Thaumcraft expects you to use.

Edit:

As for Spitefuls question, I think copper usually has it. Which might be easier to get... maybe.

Oh, thanks! They do! There's copper in this modpack thanks to TiC, but I have zero use for it, so this'll do nicely! :) Although, this still doesn't answer what people are supposed to do if they're playing only TC4. XD

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
I have one multifarm. Is there any way to make this multifarm plant both force saplings AND oak saplings as well as harvest both of them?

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
I have one multifarm. Is there any way to make this multifarm plant both force saplings AND oak saplings as well as harvest both of them?
I suspect you could rig something up that regulated the saplings in the farm using AE. It should be pretty straight forward to swap back and forth between the two (2 export busses redstoned to have 1 on and 1 off). You could hook that into a timer to swap back and forth every so often.

If vanilla comparators work with multifarms you could hook one up to send a redstone signal to the export bus flip-flop when X number of saplings are in its inventory, thus changing to the second type. With all the sapling slots filled with cobble or something except 1, the second export bus wouldn't be able to add the new saplings to the farm until all the old ones were planted. Once they were planted, however, the farm would be given the new saplings until the comparator triggered the flip-flop again. If comparators won't work, I'm sure there's a way to do it - Inventory Turtle perhaps?

Multifarms aren't THAT hard to build, though, so if you want to farm both simultaneously I'd recommend just making another farm.

Aloc

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any kind of "training dummy"? I refer to something that could take damage and never die, for benchmarking purposes. By googling I found one on another mod (Balkon's Weaponmod) but I would like to avoid adding a huge mod with so many features just to get the training dummy.

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
Is there any kind of "training dummy"? I refer to something that could take damage and never die, for benchmarking purposes. By googling I found one on another mod (Balkon's Weaponmod) but I would like to avoid adding a huge mod with so many features just to get the training dummy.

Balkon's WeaponMod doesn't have that many features...

But yeah, I don't think there are any other mods with a training dummy - plus, I'm pretty sure the training dummy from BWM doesn't display the damage you deal anyway. (I'm assuming you're using Damage Indicators!)

Why not just conjure up a few creepers with a MFR Spawner or Soul Cage or DartCraft Spawner or something? It'll show unmodified damage there, and it's easy to keep creepers stuck in an area they can't escape. Zombies, skeletons and spiders I wouldn't think are fit for this because zombies have their 1 defense (incorrect damage readings!), skeletons shoot back and spiders would just climb everywhere...

Aloc

Jul 29, 2019
Balkon's WeaponMod doesn't have that many features...

But yeah, I don't think there are any other mods with a training dummy - plus, I'm pretty sure the training dummy from BWM doesn't display the damage you deal anyway. (I'm assuming you're using Damage Indicators!)

Why not just conjure up a few creepers with a MFR Spawner or Soul Cage or DartCraft Spawner or something? It'll show unmodified damage there, and it's easy to keep creepers stuck in an area they can't escape. Zombies, skeletons and spiders I wouldn't think are fit for this because zombies have their 1 defense (incorrect damage readings!), skeletons shoot back and spiders would just climb everywhere...

Oh, I see. Yes, I indeed wanted to use Damage Indicators, I've considered using normal mobs, but I wanted a more elegant solution than using actual mobs.

Thanks for the help nevertheless, saved me the trouble of downloading Balkon's and getting disappointed.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way, in the Unleashed 1.1.6 modpack, to keep MFR Auto-Spawner mobs from spawning inside of piping and wiring?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody know what the max range for the Infusion Alter to draw essentia from warded jars is in TC4?

I have not had a chance to test it out but in TC3 it was something around 12 x or z and something like I believe 5 y. Sadly I have not had a chance to poke TC4 much yet to give you an honest answer. But at least that could be a good starting point to work with.

ZeSapper

Jul 29, 2019
I have not had a chance to test it out but in TC3 it was something around 12 x or z and something like I believe 5 y. Sadly I have not had a chance to poke TC4 much yet to give you an honest answer. But at least that could be a good starting point to work with.

Okay, thanks. I know that the auto wand recharger has a max range of 8 in a square around it.