Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Can Attractive bees move nodes through walls?

Nodes ignore solid objects and can be moved through them or even found sometimes in them natively in TC so I am sure the bees follow the same rules and can pull a node through a wall.

AdamRobero

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to create infinite Netherrack Dust? Please do not give me the answer, "The Nether is almost infinite." I know, but I want infinite Netherrack that can be made without UU Matter, or using Equivalent Exchange...

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to create infinite Netherrack Dust? Please do not give me the answer, "The Nether is almost infinite." I know, but I want infinite Netherrack that can be made without UU Matter, or using Equivalent Exchange...
So you're saying that 180 quadrillion netherrack (assuming a low ball estimate of 50 netherrack per specific X/Z coord) isn't enough?

AdamRobero

Jul 29, 2019
So you're saying that 180 quadrillion netherrack (assuming a low ball estimate of 50 netherrack per specific X/Z coord) isn't enough?

It is. But I'm trying to set up a machine that is fully automatic. I don't want Quarry's and stuff. It's going to be a fairly affordable machine

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any wireless redstone in the Unhinged pack?
Yes. Most (all?) FTB packs use Wireless Redstone - Chickenbones Edition.

Scratch that, I saw CodeChickenCore on the mod list and didn't bother reading further, apparently Unhinged just has chicken chunks, not wireless redstone.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Potentially yes, but the specifics of what it considers a "crop" or other such things that have settings in the config file isn't really documented. You should probably ask this in Iguanaman's MCF thread for a more reliable answer.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, the Steam Turbine is a Forestry item I think. It is the only energy generation method in the game that has a part that needs constantly replacing though.

Incorrect. The steam turbine is from Railcraft, not Forestry. It's also not an energy generation method, it's a converter, and a very good one at that. Unless Powercrystals buffed his converter mod yet again, the turbine actually beats it in conversion efficiency. It's so good that the EU output from each individual steel ingot you use for its maintenance significantly outstrips the EU value of uranium ingots in even the best nuclear reactor designs. Not a bad offering for the small price of checking on it once every ~72 RL hours of constant operation, if you ask me.

Downside for the case at hand: it can't actually convert MJ that already exists. It can only convert steam into EU, instead of having the steam become MJ. So if MichaelAbbott is running banks of biogas engines, it's not going to help him.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, a bank of Forestry Electrical Engines upgraded with a pair of bronze tubes and two iron tubes make 6MJ/Tick from 4EU/Tick per engine.
Which means you can have up to 48MJ/Tick with LV.
You guys might want to check out that.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, a bank of Forestry Electrical Engines upgraded with a pair of bronze tubes and two iron tubes make 6MJ/Tick from 4EU/Tick per engine.
You only get a max of 1 iron tube. And your numbers are all sorts of wonky anyway (2 bronze + 2 iron would be 34EU/t for 10MJ/t)

I think the best you can do is 1 Iron and nothing else - the other tubes have worse conversion rates than just having more engines. That would be 5EU:2MJ or ~12MJ/t from LV.

EDIT: forestry wiki

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019

You've got got your conversion backwards. The asker wanted to turn MJ into EU, not the other way around.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Incorrect. The steam turbine is from Railcraft, not Forestry. It's also not an energy generation method, it's a converter, and a very good one at that. Unless Powercrystals buffed his converter mod yet again, the turbine actually beats it in conversion efficiency.
Power Converters has configurable ratios, so you could set it to output a hojillion EU per MJ if you want. Then, PC would be even more efficient!
Downside for the case at hand: it can't actually convert MJ that already exists. It can only convert steam into EU...
D'oh, you're right. Sorry. Hm... I wonder if the MFR laser drill can produce items that can be converted into EU... that's getting a bit silly though.
Hang on... just a bit of nit-picking...
It's also not an energy generation method, it's a converter... It can only convert steam into EU...
I'd call that a generator. Steam isn't a form of energy, despite PC. If a Steam Engine is a generator, then a Steam Turbine is a generator.

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
You said you don't have TE, but what about MFR? You can convert MJ to EU via the oil/lava intermediary from an oil or lava fabricator. The conversion ratios aren't great but it gets the job done.

Lordofbone

Jul 29, 2019
I tried searching for this, but just couldn't find an answer.. Is there a way to pump lava out of say magma crucibles into the world? Like if I meant to fill a moat? Or will the lava vanish since it's not source blocks? I'd basically just want to dig a moat around the base and fill it like from a tap :D