Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
The most you can have is 20 points of armor in total. Anything beyond will not add extra protection.

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
So, on unleashed 1.1.3 single player, the Isolator, Purifier and Synthesizer from extra bees have 60k MJ internal power storage and happily accept their power from an adjacent REC.

On SMP, however, i've found they have no internal storage. They still draw power from the REC but I get an "insufficient power" error message from them and they work really slowly. I'm not sure if this is server-specific or if there's something extra I need to do to get it to work.

Or it could be that I spawned them in on SP to test them, while I built them legit in MP. I don't know why the behaviour should be different on what is basically the same version of the same game. Same mods enabled in each etc.
Interesting, I'm getting the exact same problem.

Strill

Jul 29, 2019
Does the Thaumcraft Transvector Interface work with Computercraft? I wanna have one computer and I want it to outputs the same thing to multiple monitors. The monitors are located in two different, locations, both very cramped so there's no room for an incoming redstone signal.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
So, on unleashed 1.1.3 single player, the Isolator, Purifier and Synthesizer from extra bees have 60k MJ internal power storage and happily accept their power from an adjacent REC.

On SMP, however, i've found they have no internal storage. They still draw power from the REC but I get an "insufficient power" error message from them and they work really slowly. I'm not sure if this is server-specific or if there's something extra I need to do to get it to work.

Or it could be that I spawned them in on SP to test them, while I built them legit in MP. I don't know why the behaviour should be different on what is basically the same version of the same game. Same mods enabled in each etc.

I had this bug in unleashed 1.1.3 on a server, but it was only visual one. They worked without any problem, including properly emitting energy full/empty signals.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything else besides the Tool Dymanism Tablet that would be able to use the DartCraft shears? I would like a way to get leather from my cows without killing the poor things, (in Minecraft I become a sort of vegetarian lol) and the shears don't work on cows with the Tablet nor does the 'Rainbow enchant' work with sheep. :(

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any sort of mining machines that work in the Direwolf 1.5 pack?
If you don't know turtles, you get quarries. Pretty sad IMO.

If you can use turtles though Dire made a turtle miner in his 1.4 SSP and 1.5 FC1 series that pretty much is 100x faster than a quarry. I'm seeing if I can get something to work with the MFFS3 Force Manipulator.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any sort of mining machines that work in the Direwolf 1.5 pack?

- Buildcraft mining well
- Buildcraft quarry
- Industrialcraft miner
- Computercraft mining turtle
- MineFactory Reloaded laser drill
- Steve's Carts mining drill carts
- Railcraft tunnel bore
- Thaumcraft arcane bore

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the fastest tool for destroying obsidian? Since I can't create my towers cause I dunno what to do about diagonal stairs, Ive decided to start my ME crafting system which I plan to put in a giant airsphere. But Ima make it out of obsidian bricks and god they suck to break.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the fastest tool for destroying obsidian? Since I can't create my towers cause I dunno what to do about diagonal stairs, Ive decided to start my ME crafting system which I plan to put in a giant airsphere. But Ima make it out of obsidian bricks and god they suck to break.

Vajra. From cheaper ones I'd use wand of equal trade or really fast TiC pickaxe (cobalt head, paper biniding and thaumium rod, fill with redstone).

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
Vajra. From cheaper ones I'd use wand of equal trade or really fast TiC pickaxe (cobalt head, paper biniding and thaumium rod, fill with redstone).

Vajra? Really? I can think of a million better ways. Mining turtles mine it instantly and so do any other quarrying device or you can use a minium stone to transmute two logs to one obsidian.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Question. Other than optifine, is there any way to disable void fog? The TiC setting doesn't work and it's really annoying.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Vajra? Really? I can think of a million better ways. Mining turtles mine it instantly and so do any other quarrying device or you can use a minium stone to transmute two logs to one obsidian.

And yet none of those are viable... Since I want to break obsidian Im actually placing down myself on the offchance I misplace it. This structure is 3822 obsidian blocks. Im bound(And have) to put down an extra block and need to break it. Ive been mining them normally with my cobalt/manny pick but its still not zomgfast cause fuuuu obsidian.

goldern

Jul 29, 2019
use a steve's carts treefarm, get over 8000 wood in no time and minium stone them into obsidian.
Fast, cheap, eco-friend and alot of wood will be won.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Ok Questions

A) Why did I do this?
B) How do I light this up without just throwing capacitors at everything? Any special blocks that light up a huge area? And what is the official range of the magnum torch? Cause I need to protect the outside of the sphere too. Its 39 blocks tall. 3k obsidian to make it. @.@

http://i.imgur.com/V9hNKwR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RYxsj2p.jpg

Edit: The crafting thing is a 7x6. And.. I dont think I needed something this big at all..

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Ok Questions

A) Why did I do this?
B) How do I light this up without just throwing capacitors at everything? Any special blocks that light up a huge area? And what is the official range of the magnum torch? Cause I need to protect the outside of the sphere too. Its 39 blocks tall. 3k obsidian to make it. @.@

Edit: The crafting thing is a 7x6. And.. I dont think I needed something this big at all..

:eek: Holy Spherical Structures Batman!

B) Magnum torch has a 64 block radius, so says the wiki. And the biggest radius light I can think of is the wrath lamp.

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
Ok Questions

A) Why did I do this?

Wrath lamps? There may be others, but that's my first thought.
EDIT: Too slow...