Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
:eek: Holy Spherical Structures Batman!

B) Magnum torch has a 64 block radius, so says the wiki. And the biggest radius light I can think of is the wrath lamp.

Built from hand too. @.@ And I know its a 64 block radius. But I more meant.. whats the Y axis range? Is it a straight 64 blocks in every direction? Is it the center of 64 blocks so its actually 31 in every direction from it? Only on its level?

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
Built from hand too. @.@ And I know its a 64 block radius. But I more meant.. whats the Y axis range? Is it a straight 64 blocks in every direction? Is it the center of 64 blocks so its actually 31 in every direction from it? Only on its level?
64 in every direction including vertical. It describes a spherical volume of radius 64 including itself.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
64 in every direction including vertical. It describes a spherical volume of radius 64 including itself.

Wow. Thats absolutely huge. Thats also what I wanted to know. So 1 torch should be enough for my sphere.

http://i.imgur.com/OgStxWo.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gGQdWmp.jpg

Night vision on and off. Nothing special, its just a sphere. But I like it. It'll lord over my world with 20 pages of crafting and like 60 cpus. I dont even know if 60 cpus will do anything.

Equitime77

Jul 29, 2019
pretty sure you can also use raw steak for that recipe, so try a cow farm?

Im building a castle with bloodstained brick roofs. A massive one. Forget rotten flesh and use a cow farm with a mfr breeder, grinder and autospawner with a cow in it. If you put the grinder in the right place you will get loads of beef.

Just make sure that the grinder cant kill all of the cows or you wont have anything to breed more cows with. The autospawner doesnt give enough cows back to keep up.

2013-09-21_11.01.11%20smaller.png

tsjb

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on 1.6.3 using the newest version of IC2 on a server, where do I find the texture for IC2 weeds to make it easier to spot them?

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Is an induction furnace the fastest furnace? Im trying to figure out a way to get a wall of fastfurnaces that I can power and have stacked with pipes to input and extract but the need for a lever on all of them confuses me as to how I could do a wall of them and make it work. Then again, Im not familiar with special pipes or anything else like er.. routers or what not. D=

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Is an induction furnace the fastest furnace? Im trying to figure out a way to get a wall of fastfurnaces that I can power and have stacked with pipes to input and extract but the need for a lever on all of them confuses me as to how I could do a wall of them and make it work. Then again, Im not familiar with special pipes or anything else like er.. routers or what not. D=

If power isn't a concern, you could use the standard electric furnace with a ton of upgrades. I would use 2 transformer upgrades and at least 8 overclockers. If you go beyond 8 you may need a capacity upgrade as well.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
If power isn't a concern, you could use the standard electric furnace with a ton of upgrades. I would use 2 transformer upgrades and at least 8 overclockers. If you go beyond 8 you may need a capacity upgrade as well.

How fast are electric furnaces with upgrades? At 100 heat induction furnaces are fast and do 2 at once which is why they were on my mind.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
And yet none of those are viable... Since I want to break obsidian Im actually placing down myself on the offchance I misplace it.
A mining turtle with a startup program that just does "turtle.dig()" will do the trick, just make sure you don't accidentally place it in front of your MFSU! Place the turtle and the obsidian disappears, break the turtle and you get the block.

MektonZero

Jul 29, 2019
How fast are electric furnaces with upgrades? At 100 heat induction furnaces are fast and do 2 at once which is why they were on my mind.

With 13 overclockers in a furnace, along with 2 transformer and 1 storage upgrade you can reach the limit for all overclocked machines, 20 operations a second (1 per tick), but you'll also need 1351 EU/t supplied to the machine.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know what will happen to a world if you remove a mod that has a lot of world gen in it? I know Id lose items and what not. But this one mod I have adds trees and ores and stuff but it also adds very annoying creepers. I ended up with 91k flowers cause of one of them. And I dunno how to just disable mobs, so Im debating disabling the entire mod.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Is there nothing in its config file to disable mobs?

If you disable the mod, all blocks placed by that mod (including trees and worldgen) will be replaced by air. Of course, if the mod merely built specific things out of vanilla blocks (constructing a custom tree out of oak wood and leaves), then that will remain.

MektonZero

Jul 29, 2019
What are the best biomes to have a thaumcraft base in that have a relatively high aura? This includes Biomes O' Plenty biomes. Are other dimensions such as the Promised Land and Twilight Forest good places as well?

If you have access to Dartcraft, you can get a ton of Silverwood Saplings by destroying the leaves with Force Mitts. Would be a simple task to set up a bunch of high value Pure Aura nodes around a base anywhere you wanted to build one.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Sadly there is nothing in the config I can see. Ive not disabled the mod yet but yeah. These creepers are annoying. One is essentially a nuke. The other lays down flowers like mad. I cant run around in my world with picking up items on cause then Ill have an laggy inventory of all flowers. Its annoying.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
why doesn't mystcraft have a valid config, only a text file?
and how do I get it back, since I deleted it due to not being able to change it to a .cfg file.
I noticed this for a few other mods as well

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
what are the requirements for breeding Attractive Bees?

I have a mutator (Uranium) alveary built on top of a small thaumic mound - but combining Vis + Flux on a New Moon yielded nothing from several attempts.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
why doesn't mystcraft have a valid config, only a text file?
and how do I get it back, since I deleted it due to not being able to change it to a .cfg file.
I noticed this for a few other mods as well

It's still read as a valid config, it's just how the mod author decided to read the config. and relaunching should recreate the file

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
How do I make Pink Slime in Unleashed? I have a Slaughterhouse but it just produces liquid meat, and a Meat Packer turns it into ingots.

The slaughterhouse will produce liquid pink slime as well, but not every time I don't believe, and you will have to separate the two liquids. A common way to do that is with a liquid router, though if you run a liquiduct to two tanks - one that already has a little liquid meat and one that already has a little slime - they will separate themselves out accordingly.

That's something I'm working on in my SP world right now (also in Unleashed) and it does work. Mostly you just need to be patient.