Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Sorcerous purebred bees have a humidity level of "arid" and "1 down". Is it possible to make them accept a normal humidity by using the acclimatiser (with water cans)? No, right?

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. Ive never gotten into automation. But this is fun. Do recyclers take all items? Cause I got a zombie grinder set up, which Ill eventually move. But all the armor going into my ae system is killing me. Im guessing diamond pipes into my ender chests would work to just get me flesh and potatos and then send out the other stuff to be recycled? Crud. I really need to see how to make a tower so I can make my mob tower and hide my spawners in it.

Edit: Also a building question. Im trying to make diagonal stairs. three steps, down a level, 3 steps, repeat. It works fine but it obviously doesn't have nice edges due to how its all blocky. Ofcourse if I extended each level by 1 step on each side it'd work but that would look ugly. Anyone know how I could fix it?

http://i.imgur.com/SWaRNo7.jpg

Those are the steps so far. I want to make it a stairway down where you can't fall off the sides so Ill eventually put guardrails or something. But Im unsure how to go about it.. Im bad at this

Editedit: Also, what do you do to hide wiring? Im thinking I may need to do triple layer walls everywhere. Both to look even and so I can use camoflague blocks and keep the center open for passing wires. Im trying to figure out where to put my AE containment stuff and figuring out the wiring hurts my head.

Exadi

Jul 29, 2019
Sorcerous purebred bees have a humidity level of "arid" and "1 down". Is it possible to make them accept a normal humidity by using the acclimatiser (with water cans)? No, right?
Yeah, it should change into "both 1", but I think it takes longer than getting from neutral to 1 up.

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it should change into "both 1", but I think it takes longer than getting from neutral to 1 up.
So you can change "down" to "up" or "both" and even change it if it's on the last level? In my case I just have to use lots of water cans?

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
So you can change "down" to "up" or "both" and even change it if it's on the last level? In my case I just have to use lots of water cans?
I have both temp and hum +5 on my bees. used lava for temp and water cans for humidity and it didn't take maybe a hour to do it.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
But then Id need to kill 1k zomboids. Would a pigman farm work aswell? They drop it and gold and stuff too. Hrm. I have 3 t5 blaze farms and I broke every stupid zombie spawner I came across cause I never thought Id need them.

And actually beef does work. Isnt it a lot of maintenece tho? Seems like just killing 1k zombies might be faster.. Hrm. or I could look for another dungeon from dungeons pack with all the spawners in it.

If you have dart-craft installed, it's worth making yourself a tier seven tome, because one of the enchantments it allows on swords is the soul enchantment. It was originally from the soul shards mod, but can only be put on bad quality swords with a layer of chance.

Basically for every level of soul stealer enchantment, you get +1 soul per kill you make. So with a max level of 5, for every zombie you kill, you get 6 souls into your shard. this is where the MFR auto-spawner comes in, you spawn them with it, kill zombies (or pigmen if you so wish) with your new soul stealer sword

Thus for a Tier 5, you need to kill 171 mobs instead of 1024.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Editedit: Also, what do you do to hide wiring? Im thinking I may need to do triple layer walls everywhere. Both to look even and so I can use camoflague blocks and keep the center open for passing wires. Im trying to figure out where to put my AE containment stuff and figuring out the wiring hurts my head.
If it's just the AE wire/machines you're trying to hide, facades can be placed on top of them.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed in the config folder, several of the files have .txt endings. do I have to change these to get them to register as actual config files?
trying to change mystcraft settings to remove instability, simply editing the file didn't work, so I deleted it, and it hasn't generated a new file.
now what?

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I want to swap all my steam turbines out for power converters. Do anyone know how many steam consumers and eu producers I need per boiler?

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
I want to swap all my steam turbines out for power converters. Do anyone know how many steam consumers and eu producers I need per boiler?

1 and 1. Put steam consumer right on the boiler and 8 more liquiducts around it. Connect all 4 sides to liquiducts then attach the final side to bridge. Then use hv producer.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
If it's just the AE wire/machines you're trying to hide, facades can be placed on top of them.

That doesnt exactly help though. Unless facades can do both sides of a wall. Cause right now my walls are simply walls. 1 thin. Im hand building a connection of towers in the sky. So one side will be uncovered with wires whenever I need to send them anywhere. Which is why I brought up the idea of triple layed walling. So I can use the middle path as a catch all for all my wires. The various fiber cables to supply power until I can build 7-8 IDSUs. My windmill factory ontop of my bae. I plan on 4 lightning rods in each tower cause that just sounds awesome. Etcetc.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
1 and 1. Put steam consumer right on the boiler and 8 more liquiducts around it. Connect all 4 sides to liquiducts then attach the final side to bridge. Then use hv producer.
that is only 233 eu a tick with 2 steam turbines it is 400 eu a tick.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
That doesnt exactly help though. Unless facades can do both sides of a wall. Cause right now my walls are simply walls. 1 thin. Im hand building a connection of towers in the sky. So one side will be uncovered with wires whenever I need to send them anywhere. Which is why I brought up the idea of triple layed walling. So I can use the middle path as a catch all for all my wires. The various fiber cables to supply power until I can build 7-8 IDSUs. My windmill factory ontop of my bae. I plan on 4 lightning rods in each tower cause that just sounds awesome. Etcetc.
Facades can do any sides of an AE wire, I have wires and pipes in my 1 block thin walls right now and have facades covering them on both sides, disguising them as part of the wall. Gimme a min and I'll post screenshots if you want. ;)
EDIT: screenshots ^_^

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to change what ores can be generated with a MFR Laser Drill? Specifically, I'm looking to add Uranium Ore to what it can generate. However, I don't see any configs to do this.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a block that will change colour depending on the argument supplied by an adjacent computer or some other source? kind of like a mutlicoloured redpower lamp that changes colour based on what information I send into it from a computer. I dont want an advanced monitor either as I dont want the monitors to connect to each other. It also doesn't have to be restricted to being a computer as an input device, but that would be optimal

I have seen this video
But it requires multiple paintbrushes and it colours more than one block where as I want one input device to change one block (there will be other adjacent blocks nearby i don't want changed) and the input device should be able to use multiple colours.

If you are wondering why, I am thinking of making tetris

I'm just bumping this since it got buried 8 pages ago and no-one answered.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
That doesnt exactly help though. Unless facades can do both sides of a wall.

They can. You can in fact encase an AE cable or Buildcraft pipe with facades on all six sides if you wish.

For IC2 cables, you can use a construction foam sprayer, and an obscurator to camouflage the hardened foam. For TE conduits and liquiducts, no hiding options exist in 1.5.2 that I am ware of (unless Immibis Microblocks works in some hackish way).[DOUBLEPOST=1379660948][/DOUBLEPOST]
Anyone know what the new IC2 nuke GUI does? IE what goes in those slots?

In the outer ring, insert industrial TNT. One block will fill all outer slots with one, so up to one stack can be inserted (resulting in all outer slots to be filled with one stack).

In the center slot, insert nuclear material. Enriched fuel and MOX fuel do not work, but pure U-238, pure U-235, blocks of U-238 or pure plutonium will work. That, too, can be stacked.

The nuke is a WIP and may or may not deliver the intended explosion power in all cases of all possible combinations, though Thunderdark recently fixed some issues.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
So, on unleashed 1.1.3 single player, the Isolator, Purifier and Synthesizer from extra bees have 60k MJ internal power storage and happily accept their power from an adjacent REC.

On SMP, however, i've found they have no internal storage. They still draw power from the REC but I get an "insufficient power" error message from them and they work really slowly. I'm not sure if this is server-specific or if there's something extra I need to do to get it to work.

Or it could be that I spawned them in on SP to test them, while I built them legit in MP. I don't know why the behaviour should be different on what is basically the same version of the same game. Same mods enabled in each etc.

Jacobness

Jul 29, 2019
Will I benefit from the four extra armor points given by maximized energy shields on every MPS armor piece?