Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Kiwi Zuccini

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, a while ago I used this thread to find an answer to my question which was,

I'm making a town for me and my friends with steam-powered energy that will run to each person's house, I want to be able to count how much energy they've used so I may charge them accordingly, is there any block or mechanism i can set up to do this? I was thinking eu-detector cables and a block that counts how many ticks a current was on for and multiplying that by the packet size of eu I decide to send out. I don't know a block that counts redstone length and doesn't reset when a new signal comes through. Maybe theres a block I havn't eve seen that does this. Any ideas? Im on FTB ultimate btw. Aug 31st 2013

The answers I got didn't help me at all and people told me there was no way that could happen. But today I stumbled upon something by accident, a block i've never seen before called the ENERGY COUNTER and it does exactly what I want it to do and was exactly what I was looking for but I guess noone knew about the block. The point is, the people who tried to help me didn't even try to create something that I was looking for or even a start to one. I know I could have typed in counter and found this AMAZING block but so could they.
If anyone is looking to sell energy in multiplayer and charge by EU usage, use THE ENERGY COUNTER block to COUNT the ENERGY. I cannot belive I havn't found this sooner

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, a while ago I used this thread to find an answer to my question which was,

I'm making a town for me and my friends with steam-powered energy that will run to each person's house, I want to be able to count how much energy they've used so I may charge them accordingly, is there any block or mechanism i can set up to do this? I was thinking eu-detector cables and a block that counts how many ticks a current was on for and multiplying that by the packet size of eu I decide to send out. I don't know a block that counts redstone length and doesn't reset when a new signal comes through. Maybe theres a block I havn't eve seen that does this. Any ideas? Im on FTB ultimate btw. Aug 31st 2013

The answers I got didn't help me at all and people told me there was no way that could happen. But today I stumbled upon something by accident, a block i've never seen before called the ENERGY COUNTER and it does exactly what I want it to do and was exactly what I was looking for but I guess noone knew about the block. The point is, the people who tried to help me didn't even try to create something that I was looking for or even a start to one. I know I could have typed in counter and found this AMAZING block but so could they.
If anyone is looking to sell energy in multiplayer and charge by EU usage, use THE ENERGY COUNTER block to COUNT the ENERGY. I cannot belive I havn't found this sooner

They didnt give you the energy counter, but they told you about the energy-o-mat which is just as good, if not better.[DOUBLEPOST=1379389755][/DOUBLEPOST]So how wasnt it helpful?

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
You want it to send out a certain amount of EU. The energy-o-mat does that. How does counting it help? You'd need to stand there waiting for it to reach a certain amount then manually shut it off

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I think he meant ID configs - you'll hardly get the same IDs from an world to the other,
Not true - same modpack, same IDs.
In that case, you need to get the stuff from the players (inventory) and then add to the new world or just tell them to put ALL of their items in the chests. No exceptions.
Not true - the world save contains all the players' inventories.

Equitime77

Jul 29, 2019
This happens going from an ultimate server to another ultimate server, just changing hardware servers? The IDs get all messed up?

Why dont you try just copying everything over? Ive done it before from a lan/single player world to a server world. Everything was fine.[DOUBLEPOST=1379401406][/DOUBLEPOST]Apologies if this has already been answered or Im being a derp. In the current version of unleashed is there an easy way of seeing if leaves have been polinated/changed? I think I may have heard somewhere about some sort of goggles/glasses you can wear?

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
is there a place that says what bee you can get what trait from? I am looking for fast production and faster flowering.

Mahoka

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to hollow out a Natura Redwood. What would be the best tool to get the inside hollowed out quickly?
Thaumcraft 3's Wand of Equal Trade. Set the wand to some transparent block (like a flower), bring a bunch of said flowers with you to the redwood, get inside, and right click! Natura redwoods have different blocks for the bark and heartwood so the wand will leave the shell of the tree intact. The transparent block is to make the wand do more than one layer, as it will only change blocks that can be seen. As you replace them the new flower blocks will allow the next layer to be seen and perpetuate the reaction. Furthermore most of the flowers will fall down for reuse by themselves, since as you change blocks the update will make the game notice they're floating and that's not allowed. For best results start from the top of the tree and drill down, imo.[DOUBLEPOST=1379403452][/DOUBLEPOST]
Why dont you try just copying everything over? Ive done it before from a lan/single player world to a server world. Everything was fine.[DOUBLEPOST=1379401406][/DOUBLEPOST]Apologies if this has already been answered or Im being a derp. In the current version of unleashed is there an easy way of seeing if leaves have been polinated/changed? I think I may have heard somewhere about some sort of goggles/glasses you can wear?

Spectacles. makes them gray and able to be seen from very far away. I can check on my distant tree farm at the edge of my vision and notice them, it's great ;) The apiarist's hat has the same ability, so you can see, AND not get stung!

Mahoka

Jul 29, 2019
How do you repair a Force Pickaxe in FTB Unleashed?
Put the pickaxe in the center slot of a Force Infuser that has liquid force in it. The tool will be repaired with liquid force, and keep some extra in reserve to repair your item as you use it

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I have breed cultivated bees several times no with fast production trait. Does it matter which bee is Princess and drone when breed?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I have breed cultivated bees several times no with fast production trait. Does it matter which bee is Princess and drone when breed?

No, the thing about the traits is they're affected by mutation chance too.
I'm not entirely sure the mechanics of it, but the crux is, just because you get the cultivated bee, doesn't mean you also mutate along with that the cultivated traits

it's also possible to mutate the cultivated traits (so fast production) onto your common or mundane bee without them turning into a cultivated bee either.

Only way to guarantee is to get 100% mutation chance, and that comes with its own set of disadvantages

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not entirely sure the mechanics of it, but the crux is, just because you get the cultivated bee, doesn't mean you also mutate along with that the cultivated traits

it's also possible to mutate the cultivated traits (so fast production) onto your common or mundane bee without them turning into a cultivated bee either.

Only way to guarantee is to get 100% mutation chance, and that comes with its own set of disadvantages

Erm, no. You need to keep separate the terms of crossbreeding and mutation.

Only the species trait can mutate. When a species mutation happens for one of the two trait lines (both are checked separately), all traits in that line will be replaced with the base traits of the new species.

You can, however, crossbreed the species trait onto another bee. Let's say you breed your common princess with a meadows drone in order to get a cultivated bee. What if the princess is actually a common-cultivated hybrid? Or the meadows drone is a meadows-cultivated hybrid? If no mutation happens, then your offspring will have its traits cobbled together from the trait lists of both parents, modified in a second step for dominant and recessive. So you can easily get a princess which randomly drew the cultivated species trait out of the pot, and now for all intends and purposes (such as comb products) counts as cultivated... except that it didn't actually mutate, and all the other traits come from the common or meadows lists of the parent. And then you continue to breed that cultivated-but-without-native-traits with other bees and muddle it up even further. Even a completely purebred bee with all standard traits in both lines can have its offspring ruined by another bee that appears purebred but actually only has the species traits pure, with a random selection of impure subtraits.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019

thx I have been using oblivion frames to kill them fast. Swaped to soul frames and got it on second mutation.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Erm, no. You need to keep separate the terms of crossbreeding and mutation.

Only the species trait can mutate. When a species mutation happens for one of the two trait lines (both are checked separately), all traits in that line will be replaced with the base traits of the new species.

You can, however, crossbreed the species trait onto another bee. Let's say you breed your common princess with a meadows drone in order to get a cultivated bee. What if the princess is actually a common-cultivated hybrid? Or the meadows drone is a meadows-cultivated hybrid? If no mutation happens, then your offspring will have its traits cobbled together from the trait lists of both parents, modified in a second step for dominant and recessive. So you can easily get a princess which randomly drew the cultivated species trait out of the pot, and now for all intends and purposes (such as comb products) counts as cultivated... except that it didn't actually mutate, and all the other traits come from the common or meadows lists of the parent. And then you continue to breed that cultivated-but-without-native-traits with other bees and muddle it up even further. Even a completely purebred bee with all standard traits in both lines can have its offspring ruined by another bee that appears purebred but actually only has the species traits pure, with a random selection of impure subtraits.

I was under the impression that mutation and crossbreeding happened separate to the species,whenever dealing with traits other than species, which was what I was attempting to explain with the previous response

I thought this because the bees that managed to mutate into a purebred species of what I was after first try didn't have 100% of the new species traits.
The only time this has ever happened with me is when I was also dealing with mutation chances of 100%

TCX0Lt0X

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a method to place down Buildcraft Landmarks with some kind of machine to make a 64x64 area for a quarry?
I have a feeling I could do it with Turtles, but I do not have the slightest clue on how to work them (-~-)...

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
This happens going from an ultimate server to another ultimate server, just changing hardware servers? The IDs get all messed up?

Actually if you have access to the current server, just copy the entire minecraft server directory to the new server and you should be fine. This will contain all of the mod, config & world data. The only thing you will loose is any way points you might have created with the mini maps and even those can be recovered. The name on the mini map files is based on the IP address or name of the server and are stored on the client. If you just rename these to the new servers IP address or name they will be restored.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Actually if you have access to the current server, just copy the entire minecraft server directory to the new server and you should be fine. This will contain all of the mod, config & world data. The only thing you will loose is any way points you might have created with the mini maps and even those can be recovered. The name on the mini map files is based on the IP address or name of the server and are stored on the client. If you just rename these to the new servers IP address or name they will be restored.

Thank you! One other question if you might know the answer... is there any way to know if a server admin is cheating? Or a way to make sure even the admin is playing legit? 3 of us share the cost of a server equally, but we have just one guy running it. He has been a bit sketchy at times. Is there any way to know that he is not cheating in items?

One example is just that: he has run a server for over a year, but said that you can only use the Give command to give yourself vanilla items. Then i find out that anyone set as OP can cheat in any item in NEI. either he is completely clueless about running a server, or is hiding something. I offered to just take a copy of the world file to play on my own, so we could restart the world, as he and our other player both really get bored at End Game type stuff... and he would rather not play for a month or two while i putz around building stuff, rather than let me just take a copy of the world and play it on my own from time to time locally or on a LAN server. It makes me think he is hiding something. He claimed that it would be 'too hard' to set all the configs moving a server... but then i reminded him that he had moved this exact world from one server to another... and he got all flustered.

Anyway, we do kind of compete in our builds a bit, is there any way to keep a server admin honest?