Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ViruzzzDK

Jul 29, 2019
If your pack has Dartcraft, you have a chance to get Force Mitts from dungeon chests and Spoils Bags. I used them to clear the leaves from a couple of Silverwoods and ended up with about 40 saplings.
we specifically removed dartcraft from the server pack because it is way OP and makes several other items redundant.

Museli

Jul 29, 2019
we specifically removed dartcraft from the server pack because it is way OP and makes several other items redundant.
In that case, I don't think I know of anything that'll help, I'm afraid. TiCo scythes will clear lots of leaves with one swipe, but , but I don't think it affects drop rates, unless it works with a lapis upgrade. That'd be nice, but I'm just speculating.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I was wondering if there is any way at all to increase the chances of silverwood trees dropping saplings... I have let all of the leaf blocks decay naturally, and it is taking ages and ages.
Natural leaf decay doesn't help, although there may be some methods of lead destruction that hinder it, for example RP2 block breakers never get saplings from Forestry trees. So break them by hand to speed it up.

Smiletactician

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if there is any way at all to increase the chances of silverwood trees dropping saplings. I am on the 12th tree now, and I havne't found a single sapling, I have let all of the leaf blocks decay naturally, and it is taking ages and ages. is there any way to help it along?

I was using force mites and IC2 chain saw. I did get a marginal improved sapling count. I have no statistically information to offer but I did find it helped. Obviously, without dartcraft the only possible option is the chain saw. It does however silk touch so it take a little more work.

ViruzzzDK

Jul 29, 2019
I was using force mites and IC2 chain saw. I did get a marginal improved sapling count. I have no statistically information to offer but I did find it helped. Obviously, without dartcraft the only possible option is the chain saw. It does however silk touch so it take a little more work.
chainsaw has no influence on the saplings, you still have to place the leaf blocks after collecting them, which brings you back to square one, might as well skip the redundant step :p

Gnomeo

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't the Thaumium Grafter from Magic Bees increase the drop rate of Silverwood and Greatwood saplings?

Mahoka

Jul 29, 2019
Is it not possible to enchant Repair directly onto a pickaxe of the core in a vanilla enchanting table? I just enchanted and wiped clean the same one 20+ times in a row without getting it[DOUBLEPOST=1378324164][/DOUBLEPOST]Nevermind! Finally got it on try #29. Yay for spellbinding cloth?

Neoxon

Jul 29, 2019
Does energy tesseract can only accept 100 mj and output 75 mj, or 125mj and output 100mj max?

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Does energy tesseract can only accept 100 mj and output 75 mj, or 125mj and output 100mj max?

The former.

Liquid tesseracts have unlimited bandwidth, or a bandwidth that's higher than current Minecraft science can measure. If you powerconvert to steam and reconvert to MJ on the other side you have lossless MJ teleportation. You may need more than one steam consumer / producers since the nerf though.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019

The truth is neither, but if you've got one energy tesseract sending, and one receiving, then yes it's 100MJ/t in and 75 MJ/t out.
But you can get to 125 MJ/t in and output 100MJ/t.

The thing is each tesseract has a limit of 100MJ/t (some people say per side, some per block I haven't tested it) but if you have two tesseracts sending and have one receiving you can get it to 125MJ/t in and 100MJ/t out.

zanskrila

Jul 29, 2019
How to make a working "dense ore" age in mystcraft 0.10.5? I have tried everything and I'ts not working for me. I am playing on FTB unleashed

CheatingChicken

Jul 29, 2019
I have a problem with my MFR Harvester. its set up to chop down oak trees in a 3x3 area.
It worked fine most of the time, but it has recently started to drop saplings all around the place instead of putting them in the chest behind it. what can be the reason for that? The Logs and apples are put in the chest just fine.

EDIT:

Why is it that i always find the solution to the issue right after posting about it here?
The problem was not the harvester dropping it, but my house that i built next to the machine did reduce the light level to a point where saplings just popped of after receiving a block update. Placing some torches fixed this

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
How to make a working "dense ore" age in mystcraft 0.10.5? I have tried everything and I'ts not working for me. I am playing on FTB unleashed
At minimum, you need a link panel and dense ore page, which will add a lot of instability. This version of mystcraft will successfully fill in empty spots in a description book with random pages appropriate to the slot they're filling, which may or may not add additional stability or instability depending on the pages it selects. There's no inherent instability for doing it like this, it will only come from selected pages (a description book with just a link panel will be completely stable if no pages selected have inherent instability).[DOUBLEPOST=1378391769][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have a problem with my MFR Harvester. its set up to chop down oak trees in a 3x3 area.
It worked fine most of the time, but it has recently started to drop saplings all around the place instead of putting them in the chest behind it. what can be the reason for that? The Logs and apples are put in the chest just fine.

EDIT:

Why is it that i always find the solution to the issue right after posting about it here?
The problem was not the harvester dropping it, but my house that i built next to the machine did reduce the light level to a point where saplings just popped of after receiving a block update. Placing some torches fixed this

I usually remove the dirt block in the center and place a torch there and one on each of the 4 corners to prevent saplings from popping out. Another issue is that it is possible for a mob to spawn on a log block during harvesting. A magnum torch or a large enough enclosure can deal with that. It would be nice if a mod added glowing dirt or something...

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
How could I find out, without actually having my own server, what things are configurable when setting up each mod? Like, is it possible to change the rate at which a MFR bioreactor makes biofuel in some config? Is this possible?

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
How could I find out, without actually having my own server, what things are configurable when setting up each mod? Like, is it possible to change the rate at which a MFR bioreactor makes biofuel in some config? Is this possible?

What is configurable is dependent upon what the mod author reads from their config file. A mod doesn't necessarily have a config file at all (block IDs and such can be hard coded), but most mods found in packs will have a config if only for block/item IDs for compatibility. If you want to look at MFR's config, it can be found in the config/powercrystals folder. Configs are all text files so any text editor should be usable for viewing/editing them.