Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know what the IC2 Obscurator does? I can't find anything on the IC2 wiki or the FTB wikis.

It's a tool that can attach any block texture you wish to blocks of construction foam (once hardened out).

Since you can also hide IC2 cables inside construction foam, that's an amazing way to completely remove visible cables, no matter what you're building your house out of. For example, my last factory tower had birch wood floors... which were full of AE cables under facades, and IC2 power cables in construction foam blocks disguised as birch wood via the obscurator.

Protip: Construction foam can be instantly hardened out by right clicking it with sand. GregTech also offers spray cans for improved placing and drying of construction foam.

(This has been your daily episode of Yet More Obscure Game Mechanics From IC2 That Nobody Remembers. Tune back in tomorrow!)

I'm a bit late to the party, but there's a really fun way to mine things like that once you find them.

Set a wand of equal trade to replace blocks with roses.

This produces a beautifully silly virus-like wave of flowers that eat through the geode, mining huge sections of it at once. Pick up the flowers, most of which will fall free, and zap it again. If you don't have flowers it also works fairly well with rails and saplings. Just, never use this around lava or to demolish the creations of others.

That's hilarious! I need to try that. :D

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
Alveary Q:
The heaters and fans... I am trying to breed hellish clement bees in the over world by making the alv's to their liking, but I'm not sure how to set this up. Will one heater work? what about the fans? How would I set up an alv to accept them? Then there are the Desert bees, hot and aired, how would I set up for that?

Yes I have used the accl to 'adapt' my bees... but it is a bit of a pain and the trait seems to get lost after a bit.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Alveary Q:
The heaters and fans... I am trying to breed hellish clement bees in the over world by making the alv's to their liking, but I'm not sure how to set this up. Will one heater work? what about the fans? How would I set up an alv to accept them? Then there are the Desert bees, hot and aired, how would I set up for that?

Yes I have used the accl to 'adapt' my bees... but it is a bit of a pain and the trait seems to get lost after a bit.

Hellish I believe the only way to get that in the overworld is to start out in a hot biome. I may however be wrong, but at least in normal temperatures it's very difficult to do so (I haven't seen it done yet)

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Can metal nuggets be processed in a TIC smeltery? This thread implies that they can, but I don't see how. How many mB is that? If it's 0.013 then 9 nuggets will add up to less than a full ingot. If it's 0.014 then you could make an infinite loop converting ingots to nuggets and then smelting them again. Is there some kind of rounding-up mechanic to bring the value up to a round ingot's worth? Or does TiC keep track of the fractions rather than doing a lossy decimal conversion?

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Can metal nuggets be processed in a TIC smeltery? This thread implies that they can, but I don't see how. How many mB is that? If it's 0.013 then 9 nuggets will add up to less than a full ingot. If it's 0.014 then you could make an infinite loop converting ingots to nuggets and then smelting them again. Is there some kind of rounding-up mechanic to bring the value up to a round ingot's worth? Or does TiC keep track of the fractions rather than doing a lossy decimal conversion?

I don't think metal nuggets can be processed, last I checked. It's a bug, and they're working on it.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
In the last version of TiC I played with (whatever is in Magic Farm 3.0) one ingot was 16mB and nuggets are tracked separately. The smeltery would say "4 ingots, 7 nuggets" and use the mB display only for third party metals, like TE's invar (yes, you can make that in a smeltery).

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Hellish I believe the only way to get that in the overworld is to start out in a hot biome. I may however be wrong, but at least in normal temperatures it's very difficult to do so (I haven't seen it done yet)

I tried this experiment from a normal biome. The most you can push the alvary heaters is 2 ranged. So I could get to hot but not hellish. Just to make sure I added the heaters one at a time. after the 3rd or 4th heater the temperature would not budge any more.

CheatingChicken

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to speed up the heating phase of a steam boiler?
I want to to some testing in a creative world but i really dont want to spend hours doing it

Lohengrin

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone happen to know the range of the ExtraUtilities Ender-Thermic Pump?
I believe it is 5 chunk radius, btw. Could be 4, but pretty sure it is 5 to the compass points in a circle, not a square. So to answer the question, a huge ass area.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC, a bee housing reports the temperature as hellish, if and only if it is in the vanilla nether biome.
I'm also pretty sure, that no amount of heating will get your alveary pushed to hellish, if you're not in hell (= vanilla nether).

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to speed up the heating phase of a steam boiler?
I want to to some testing in a creative world but i really dont want to spend hours doing it

There is no way I'm afraid.

However I'd wager that most of what can be tested in creative has already been tested and posted online so far. There are even interactive calculators. What do you need to know?

CheatingChicken

Jul 29, 2019
i was testing out some designs on how to get the steam into a power converter in a reliable way. The one i made before didnt transfer as much steam as the boiler should have produced. but i found my issue now (i only used 2 liquiduct outputs on my tesseract)

Is there any way to increase the liquiduct transfer limit?

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
What is easiest way to get crushed ice. I am on unleashed 1.14 with gregtech added.
I don't have bees yet.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I'm still having problems getting LP to work right. I have a Provider Pipe on my Harvester, a Supplier Pipe on my Planter set to keep 64 saplings stocked, and a Basic Logistics Pipe on my enderchest set to request both saplings and logs. All the saplings and logs are going to the enderchest, and none are going to the planter, so eventually it just runs out. Any ideas?

*Edit* D'oh, I just compared it to my wheat and carrots farm, and I realised that I hadn't put a chest in between the harvester and the provider pipe. It's ok now!

Reactions: Skirty_007

Mahoka

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get chunks out of smelteries?
The easiest way is to pour the partial material into a cast or basin, pickaxe said cast or basin, and replace it. This sacrifices the chunk of material.
To keep the chunk, you can use an alternate liquid extraction method (BC pipes, Liquid transfer nodes, Decanting Golems, etc.) on a Smeltery Drain without a faucet attached. This way you can pipe the molten material into a tank of some kind for later use.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
i was testing out some designs on how to get the steam into a power converter in a reliable way. The one i made before didnt transfer as much steam as the boiler should have produced. but i found my issue now (i only used 2 liquiduct outputs on my tesseract)

Is there any way to increase the liquiduct transfer limit?
Summary: Increase connections for liquiducts, get better waterproof pipes or add more tesseracts sending.

Liquiducts don't work based on their volume, but each connection has a transfer limit of 160mb/t. So if you have 10 connections on your boiler, but only 1 to your tesseract, you'll output 160mb from your tesseract on the other side. With boilers, also note that they will output directly to a tesseract, so I personally have found it's best to have the tesseract touching the boiler, and then have four tesseract connections on the boiler and tesseract.

With tesseracts, they will output any volume you put into them, distributed across the receiving tesseracts and the faces. So their throughput is no problem

Mahoka

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, by the way, Seared Glass and Seared Window are both valid tanks and can hold the molten material - and they match the smeltery. They can even be a part of the smeltery's structure and still hold the liquid.