Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Having trouble with power converters. I have an EU power supply running into an IC2 MV consumer connected to an energy bridge, then a BC producer on the other side which i'm using to power a pulverizer. This works, but what I want to do is run a couple of conductive pipes off the BC producer to power another two pulverizers, but this doesn't seem to work.

How am I meant to connect a BC producer to more than one machine at once?

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Having trouble with power converters. I have an EU power supply running into an IC2 MV consumer connected to an energy bridge, then a BC producer on the other side which i'm using to power a pulverizer. This works, but what I want to do is run a couple of conductive pipes off the BC producer to power another two pulverizers, but this doesn't seem to work.

How am I meant to connect a BC producer to more than one machine at once?
Are you making sure to use Wooden Conductive Pipes to draw power from the BC Producer?

Jul 29, 2019
I highly recommend the ExtraUtils Colored Brick (black) or the DartCraft Force Brick (black), they are much cheaper for the same general look. I assume you are using Unleashed if you're mentioning TConstruct.

With the smeltery it just takes some lava and cobblestone, and then using a chisel on the crafting grid until I hit brick. I'm a little constrained because the texture pack I'm using is currently incomplete.

einsteinsci

Jul 29, 2019
Get a really basic SC2 mining system, set it near the ocean (towards the ocean) and when it finds a geode, quarry that until there is no more.

Yea, they occur in spheres at the bottom of the ocean, sometimes with air pockets inside.

dprkforum

Jul 29, 2019
This probably has been asked before, but why does the usual enchanting room set up only get to level 13 at the most? I am obviously missing something.

einsteinsci

Jul 29, 2019
How does the ExtraUtils(?) Green Screen block work? From what I can tell, it's bright green, unshaded, and is only available in creative. Is it unimplemented or am I missing something?

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
How does the ExtraUtils(?) Green Screen block work? From what I can tell, it's bright green, unshaded, and is only available in creative. Is it unimplemented or am I missing something?

It's just a block handy for making a green screen when recording Minecraft. You'll need a separate program to actually put something onto the screen when streaming or putting the video onto youtube. The block itself is just a big flat green surface, just like IRL green screens.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
I like the look of it, but I have yet to find it in the world. :(

I'm a bit late to the party, but there's a really fun way to mine things like that once you find them.

Set a wand of equal trade to replace blocks with roses.

This produces a beautifully silly virus-like wave of flowers that eat through the geode, mining huge sections of it at once. Pick up the flowers, most of which will fall free, and zap it again. If you don't have flowers it also works fairly well with rails and saplings. Just, never use this around lava or to demolish the creations of others.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Are Thaumcraft golems more effective than MFR Planters/Harvesters for farming crops (not counting Fertilizer)?

What's an ideal power source for running an MFR Laser Drill?

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
They don't require fuel or power, so they're more effective if you're very miserly with power.

Very rarely, Thaumcraft golems will be hit by lightning or fall out of the world. They can also jump off cliffs while chasing items and then can't get back up.

Losing a key worker can be a nasty surprise if you were making biofuel for a boiler. I would still recommend golems for small farms, but MFR is the current king of huge zero-maintenance industrial farms.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Airship

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone help me find the numbers behind fermenters and stills? More specifically, how many buckets an hour a single still will produce?