Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

CheatingChicken

Jul 29, 2019
Summary: Increase connections for liquiducts, get better waterproof pipes or add more tesseracts sending.

Liquiducts don't work based on their volume, but each connection has a transfer limit of 160mb/t. So if you have 10 connections on your boiler, but only 1 to your tesseract, you'll output 160mb from your tesseract on the other side. With boilers, also note that they will output directly to a tesseract, so I personally have found it's best to have the tesseract touching the boiler, and then have four tesseract connections on the boiler and tesseract.

With tesseracts, they will output any volume you put into them, distributed across the receiving tesseracts and the faces. So their throughput is no problem

Actually i found that each (powered) connection transfers 100 mB/t. at least thats what the power converter block is telling me. ca waterproof pipes have higher throughput rates than that? Whats the limit with those?

einsteinsci

Jul 29, 2019
It's a tool that can attach any block texture you wish to blocks of construction foam (once hardened out).

Since you can also hide IC2 cables inside construction foam, that's an amazing way to completely remove visible cables, no matter what you're building your house out of. For example, my last factory tower had birch wood floors... which were full of AE cables under facades, and IC2 power cables in construction foam blocks disguised as birch wood via the obscurator.

Protip: Construction foam can be instantly hardened out by right clicking it with sand. GregTech also offers spray cans for improved placing and drying of construction foam.

(This has been your daily episode of Yet More Obscure Game Mechanics From IC2 That Nobody Remembers. Tune back in tomorrow!)

Thanks! Until now I never knew you could do a facade-like thing for AE and IC2 cables. (I love this show!)

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone help me find the numbers behind fermenters and stills? More specifically, how many buckets an hour a single still will produce?

I'm just starting up biofuel and steam boilers. I don't know the exact number but on the railcraft page they have a calculator for boilers. A 36 hp boiler burns 1 bucket of biofuel in 1 min 41 seconds. A still, I know, will JUST keep up with a max size boiler. So a still is just a bit faster maybe 1 bucket every 1 min 30 seconds? Have to run it into a BC tank and time it i guess for real numbers but I thought this might help. I'm going to have one still per boiler. Also.... Mfr's bio reactor makes biofuel much much faster than a still. It's also much more boring too. :)

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Actually i found that each (powered) connection transfers 100 mB/t. at least thats what the power converter block is telling me. ca waterproof pipes have higher throughput rates than that? Whats the limit with those?

The thing is, waterproof pipes tend to be much faster for shorter distances, under 6 blocks is better for waterproof pipes to be used, whilst over that is better for liquiducts. I'm not entirely sure about the throughput of waterproof pipes though, From memory it's under 100mb/t though.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
i added Gregtech to my unleashed. I have 2 problems
1. Can't read the writing in the tinker table
2. when i break berry bushes i get Energy Flow Conduit.

How can I go about fixing this.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
i added Gregtech to my unleashed. I have 2 problems
1. Can't read the writing in the tinker table
2. when i break berry bushes i get Energy Flow Conduit.

How can I go about fixing this.
1. No idea. Try changing your gui scale in the configs? o_O
2. Pretty sure this is an ID conflict, you need to change the item ID of the energy conduit then
(hmmm but pretty sure that isn't supposed to happen with the universal ids we're supposed to have across our packs....)

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
The easiest way is to pour the partial material into a cast or basin, pickaxe said cast or basin, and replace it. This sacrifices the chunk of material.
To keep the chunk, you can use an alternate liquid extraction method (BC pipes, Liquid transfer nodes, Decanting Golems, etc.) on a Smeltery Drain without a faucet attached. This way you can pipe the molten material into a tank of some kind for later use.

Ahhhh I knew these but hoped I was missing some sort of chunk cast. He really should add that.

Reactions: Henry Link

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Why can't I research decanting golems in Unleashed 1.1.4?

I have the theory of everything, warded jars and advanced golemancy. I looked up the research aspects but I must be missing a requirement because I have exhausted all research that contains aqua and a couple of others.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Why can't I research decanting golems in Unleashed 1.1.4?

I have the theory of everything, warded jars and advanced golemancy. I looked up the research aspects but I must be missing a requirement because I have exhausted all research that contains aqua and a couple of others.

Don't those need Magic Tallow to be unlocked first?

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
1. No idea. Try changing your gui scale in the configs? o_O
2. Pretty sure this is an ID conflict, you need to change the item ID of the energy conduit then
(hmmm but pretty sure that isn't supposed to happen with the universal ids we're supposed to have across our packs....)
Seems my Ore Dictionary isn't working either. When i am making electric circuits. Gregtech added a way to use wool to make copper wire. When I hit shift and ?. It only puts in the copper cable that was showing, so most time i get 3 copper cable and 3 blanks spots where in nei was showing copper wire. Is there a way to fix this, or can someone upload a working config for me.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Seems my Ore Dictionary isn't working either. When i am making electric circuits. Gregtech added a way to use wool to make copper wire. When I hit shift and ?. It only puts in the copper cable that was showing, so most time i get 3 copper cable and 3 blanks spots where in nei was showing copper wire. Is there a way to fix this, or can someone upload a working config for me.
I think you're problem might belong in the tech support thread instead of here, since the answer will probably not be simple ;P

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a max size for a applyed energistics System?
My system is using 78units/t normal but when my crafting system starts i see the energy on the me controller jumping from full to around 20% then back up to full,...
So i am thinking at some point i would use more energy than the system could "generate" (i supply enough MJ)

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
The controller's internal buffer is supposed to scale with the size of the network, according to some changelog. If you run into a situation where you can burst empty the buffer, you should probably try talking to AlgorithmX2 and lobby to have it increased.

However, I have had an AE system with close to 80 units/t in power draw as well, and hitting the autocrafter with a large order didn't make the energy meter on the controller so much as even twitch. In fact, disconnecting the energy supply entirely would let the system run on for another 5-10 seconds or so. I have no idea how you can manage to consume that large a buffer in a single instant.

Is your input maybe bursty? You say you supply MJ. If you have slow-stroking engines and they all run in sync, that might mean 1-2 seconds of no power at all, followed by a huge burst, followed by 1-2 seconds of no power at all, and so on. Still, both wooden pipes and conduits should buffer bursts on their own and send only as much as needed...

(I sure hope you're not foolish enough to be running directly attached engines.)

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
My system is using 78units/t normal but when my crafting system starts i see the energy on the me controller jumping from full to around 20% then back up to full,...
So i am thinking at some point i would use more energy than the system could "generate" (i supply enough MJ)

I have previously ran a system with 100+ units/t no problem

There may be a bug with the controller or your method of energy delivery (80 units/t is 16MJ/t) but as far as I know a controller scales with the size of the network it's connected to. I.e. a small network stores next to no power and only allows a small input whilst a large network has a large energy buffer and a big draw.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
The easiest way is to pour the partial material into a cast or basin, pickaxe said cast or basin, and replace it. This sacrifices the chunk of material.
To keep the chunk, you can use an alternate liquid extraction method (BC pipes, Liquid transfer nodes, Decanting Golems, etc.) on a Smeltery Drain without a faucet attached. This way you can pipe the molten material into a tank of some kind for later use.
Even easier is to break and replace the controller block. And you can use a faucet to pour into a tank, so I just break my casting basin and replace it with a portable tank, click the faucet, then swap the casting basin back in again.[DOUBLEPOST=1378283597][/DOUBLEPOST]
...i see the energy on the me controller jumping from full to around 20% then back up to full,... So i am thinking at some point i would use more energy than the system could "generate" (i supply enough MJ)
How much MJ are you supplying, and how?

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019

Not that I've found. I had 4 networks all running around 3000 units/t with no issues. I initially had them as one massive network before I split it into 4...

ViruzzzDK

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if there is any way at all to increase the chances of silverwood trees dropping saplings. I am on the 12th tree now, and I havne't found a single sapling, I have let all of the leaf blocks decay naturally, and it is taking ages and ages. is there any way to help it along?

Museli

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if there is any way at all to increase the chances of silverwood trees dropping saplings. I am on the 12th tree now, and I havne't found a single sapling, I have let all of the leaf blocks decay naturally, and it is taking ages and ages. is there any way to help it along?

If your pack has Dartcraft, you have a chance to get Force Mitts from dungeon chests and Spoils Bags. I used them to clear the leaves from a couple of Silverwoods and ended up with about 40 saplings.