Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
I'm so used to needing to compress iridium ore into iridium ingots (like you need to do with GregTech), that I reflexively did that on my new server, which doesn't use GregTech. Is there a way to turn iridium ingots into iridium ore? Or can I substitute iridium ingots in the recipe?
Use NEI. And there's no such thing as a iridium ingot in IC2 (without GT, that is), so you'll have to make it in the normal IC2 way.

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think you understand my question. I made iridium ingots by putting iridium ore into a compressor. However, it turns out that I can't use iridium ingots (I want to make an ultimate hybrid solar panel). I want iridium ore. But I already turned all my UU into iridium ore, then turned all my iridium ore into iridium ingots.

The guys on my server don't know of any way. I've tried the forge lexicon, the pulverizer, and the furnace. And yes, I've tried NEI None of those work. Am I stuck with 64 completely worthless iridium ingots? (AFAIK, the only thing you can make with iridium ingots is advanced solar panels. Everything else that requires iridium uses iridium plates, which requires iridium ore, not iridium ingots. I'm not going to make 64 advanced solar panels).

Is there any way to turn iridium ingots back into iridium ore?

Majetic

Jul 29, 2019
Mod I need help with : ComputerCraft

I'm trying to set up a monitor so that it says ''Wickd's Humble Stead'' all across the monitor.
Then I want ''Beware of handsome man'' under it in tiny letters.

Everything is fine until I add a second mon.setTextScale. It changes the size of "Wickd's Humble Stead'' to a tiny size aswell. This is my code :

mon = peripheral.wrap("back")
mon.setCursorPos(1,1.4)
mon.setTextScale(2)
mon.write("Wickd's Humble Stead'')
mon.setCursorPos(3,2)
mon.setTextScale(0.8)
mon.write("Beware of handsome man")

Thanks in advance!

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Mod I need help with : ComputerCraft

Everything is fine until I add a second mon.setTextScale. It changes the size of "Wickd's Humble Stead'' to a tiny size aswell. This is my code :

mon.setTextScale(0.8)

Thanks in advance!

According to the CC wiki the setTextScale must be a multiple of 0.5. So 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2 would be valid values. 0.8 would not be valid.

Majetic

Jul 29, 2019
According to the CC wiki the setTextScale must be a multiple of 0.5. So 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2 would be valid values. 0.8 would not be valid.

It didn't change anything, it still changed everything written on the monitor to size 0.5.

The problem is not the size, but that it changes everything to that size.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I am making a TC scythe. Manyullyn head, paper binding, 2 thaumic rods. This should be 7 modifiers? I only got 5. did i do something wrong. I made a thaumic binding and it went down to 4 modifiers. I don't seem to be getting the extra modifier from thaumic.

ViruzzzDK

Jul 29, 2019
I'm building something where I need a lot of snow, I was wondering if there is any way to automate snow collection? I know you can do it manually with a snowman and shovel, but it really isn't very interesting spending an hour looking at a patch of snow.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
I'm building something where I need a lot of snow, I was wondering if there is any way to automate snow collection? I know you can do it manually with a snowman and shovel, but it really isn't very interesting spending an hour looking at a patch of snow.

Glacial Precipitator can make snow if you feed it with water and power.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019

you could also use a snow golem and a ME transition plane, gets snow ridiculously fast, as long as the golem stands on grass or something, and the plane is beside him. I've gotten over 200 snow balls in the time ive been typing this

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I want roses.

Specifically, I want to farm roses in huge numbers. How do I make this happen efficiently?

Flowers have no growth mechanic, so that is very difficult.

Bees will spawn flowers at random, but the chance to get roses is fairly low. You could also build an elaborate redstone contraption aking to classic vanilla automated farms that cycles through applying bonemeal to grass blocks and flooding the area to pop off and carry away the resulting flowers. However, you're still more likely to get a ton of grass and yellow flowers than any significant amount of roses.

There's one thing though that you could try - vanilla flowers, including roses, are a valid plant for the rarely-used IC2 crop farm system. Cropsticks have their own growth mechanic that overrides existing plant rules; for example, if you plant a pumpkin seed in it, it will grow the pumpkin plant inside the cropstick instead of spawning pumpkins on adjacent blocks, and they can be harvested with a rightclick without breaking the plant itself. Maybe something similar works with roses? I have never tried it, but give it a whirl.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Flowers have no growth mechanic, so that is very difficult.

Bees will spawn flowers at random, but the chance to get roses is fairly low. You could also build an elaborate redstone contraption aking to classic vanilla automated farms that cycles through applying bonemeal to grass blocks and flooding the area to pop off and carry away the resulting flowers. However, you're still more likely to get a ton of grass and yellow flowers than any significant amount of roses.

There's one thing though that you could try - vanilla flowers, including roses, are a valid plant for the rarely-used IC2 crop farm system. Cropsticks have their own growth mechanic that overrides existing plant rules; for example, if you plant a pumpkin seed in it, it will grow the pumpkin plant inside the cropstick instead of spawning pumpkins on adjacent blocks, and they can be harvested with a rightclick without breaking the plant itself. Maybe something similar works with roses? I have never tried it, but give it a whirl.

Yep, you can grow roses in the crops, you need four flowers per crop to plant them

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
What could cause blocks to be not placeable in a very specific area?

I don't believe it's a case of trolling or griefing as we are very early on in our server. The problem area is where I had an auto-spawner set-up, so grinder, slaughterhouse, auto-spawner, pipes for power and mob essence. The best way to explain what is happening is that upon removing the blocks in this area, it appears as if the server believes there is a block in that place, but my client does not. So trying to place the block in the area allows it to appear for an instant, and then back in my inventory. Only this room has done this, but it's a very concentrated area, about a 6x 3 high x 6 area around where my auto-spawner used to be.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
What could cause blocks to be not placeable in a very specific area?

I don't believe it's a case of trolling or griefing as we are very early on in our server. The problem area is where I had an auto-spawner set-up, so grinder, slaughterhouse, auto-spawner, pipes for power and mob essence. The best way to explain what is happening is that upon removing the blocks in this area, it appears as if the server believes there is a block in that place, but my client does not. So trying to place the block in the area allows it to appear for an instant, and then back in my inventory. Only this room has done this, but it's a very concentrated area, about a 6x 3 high x 6 area around where my auto-spawner used to be.

Not sure why but this is a common thing for me too. Not just FTB but any modpack. If i try and place something 4 or 5 blocks above me it'll appear then disappear then get put back in my inventory.

It doesn't happen in vanilla MC though.

Theotargon

Jul 29, 2019
Why does the forestry rain tank sometimes not recognise when it's raining?

Are there different types of "rain" and it only recognises original minecraft rain?

SpoonsV

Jul 29, 2019
Why does the forestry rain tank sometimes not recognise when it's raining?

Are there different types of "rain" and it only recognises original minecraft rain?

Thaumcraft and GT both add their own weather.[DOUBLEPOST=1377780820][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not sure why but this is a common thing for me too. Not just FTB but any modpack. If i try and place something 4 or 5 blocks above me it'll appear then disappear then get put back in my inventory.

It doesn't happen in vanilla MC though.

I'm pretty sure that this happens when you are too far away to place the block. For some reason in FTB it will show the block pop up and disappear whereas Vanilla just does not show any animation.

Jump and right click and you will be able to place the block.

I don't know the cause for the erroneous animation though.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Can't decide for myself, its impossible. Should I use sphax or default textures. Need multiple opinions maybe?