Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

tobi1449

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any block like a dropper that outputs all items on redstone?
Or any other way to dump items into a crucible with some sort of control (except turtles)?
Has anyone ever been able to use the Thaumic Scanner Turtle? All the Scanner-specific methods (getAspects(), ...) are nil if I try them in interactive mode.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Grinders don't seem to like mobs with Hats, so my soul shard grinder combo gets backed up and devours everyone's FPS in retaliation. Is there a way to fix this predicament other than uninstalling the hat mod?

I use the Turret mod, gives a wide selection of weapon turrets that can be configured to target specific mobs. Some mobs just won't grind (Primitive Mobs mod) so a few turrets will ensure death to those mobs.

In your situation, have the weakest damage turret (shotgun or arrow turret), they will eventually kill those mobs, while ensuring normal non-hat mobs have time to be ground up.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick question can i installed BoP and EBXL together?

Yes, but you must go into the config files and make sure the biome IDs don't conflict. They're just like item IDs in that way.

(other mods that add biomes, such as Natura, Twilight Forest, Buildcraft etc. also assign biome IDs so you need to avoid overwriting theirs)

Reactions: reddvilzz

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, but you must go into the config files and make sure the biome IDs don't conflict. They're just like item IDs in that way.

(other mods that add biomes, such as Natura, Twilight Forest, Buildcraft etc. also assign biome IDs so you need to avoid overwriting theirs)

Ah okay cool. So if i add EBXL + BoP then add ATG mod (Alternate Terrain Generator) these 3 should works side by side just fine then?

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
what is the table you can place the thaumonomic on and read it without right clicking it in your inventory.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
Dumb question, don't hurt me for not knowing, how would I invert a signal using rednet cable, redstone torch and a daylight sensor to allow for my forcefield to go on at night.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Dumb question, don't hurt me for not knowing, how would I invert a signal using rednet cable, redstone torch and a daylight sensor to allow for my forcefield to go on at night.
You don't. You either use a bit of vanilla redstone OR a programmable rednet controller with a NOT gate on it.
Yeah, a few extra blocks vs a diamond... I'd go with the extra blocks.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
can't I just place a redstone torch on it? I'm lost at which side I should put it on or how I should set it up, it doesn't need the controller

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
At the very start (coming from the daylight sensor, use a vanilla NOT gate. The torch at the end of the gate activates the Rednet system, which then leads into the forcefield.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
GPuzzle is correct. But, sometimes a picture is worth a 1000 words:

2013-08-27_23.07.04.png

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
Just out of curiosity, what is it for?

It's for a night time activation of the mffs, It is to keep the baddies away at night. The zapper is on 24/7 also have blue slimes which dont seem to get zapped by the mffs even tho they are in the middle of it. dunno if that's just blue slimes or maybe cryo orbed creatures.

Edit: Wireless was breaking the chunk loaded areas of my world and we figured it out when the crashlog showed wireless chickenbones edition and so we scrapped that. getting it off rednet and light sensor

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
It's for a night time activation of the mffs, It is to keep the baddies away at night. The zapper is on 24/7 also have blue slimes which dont seem to get zapped by the mffs even tho they are in the middle of it. dunno if that's just blue slimes or maybe cryo orbed creatures.

Edit: Wireless was breaking the chunk loaded areas of my world and we figured it out when the crashlog showed wireless chickenbones edition and so we scrapped that. getting it off rednet and light sensor

Original or Calclavia? Because everyone likes original more and I find Calclavia pretty cool. Am I missing something here?

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
what mod that added butterflies? It seems i can't find any on my SSP worlds after wondering the whole place