Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps you are thinking of Mystcraft portals. You build them with blue crystals that you can find in Mystcraft ages, and attach a book to the portal using a book receptacle that is also crafted from the same crystals. This creates a pale blue portal surface that entities (mobs, spawners held by a gravity gun, etc.) can pass through. I used this technique to take a skeleton spawner to the Nether so that I could farm Wither Skeletons.

No what i meant is portal guns portal. Because i watched mindcrack youtube and i saw vintage beef could take minotaur spawner back to the overworld

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
No what i meant is portal guns portal. Because i watched mindcrack youtube and i saw vintage beef could take minotaur spawner back to the overworld
Have you got a link to that video? I've seen VB's minotaur zoo on DocM's videos but I don't usually watch his channel so I didn't see how he did it. Maybe he took it through a Portal Gun portal that led into a Mystcraft portal? That's how I populated my twilight zoo, I set up a PG portal above an MC portal, and used the portal gun to drop mobs from one to the other.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Have you got a link to that video? I've seen VB's minotaur zoo on DocM's videos but I don't usually watch his channel so I didn't see how he did it.

Well he didn't show it up in the vids, but it is around episode 15 - 18ish on his ftb playlists. I can't really remember which one. But i saw he is using the spawner as his exhibit

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
You can definitely make portals between dimensions with the portal gun. I've seen it done plenty of times.

Don't ask me how though, I don't run that mod...

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Well he didn't show it up in the vids, but it is around episode 15 - 18ish on his ftb playlists. I can't really remember which one. But i saw he is using the spawner as his exhibit
Well, it isn't possible using just Portal Guns. Are you sure that you can't go through the Twilight Forest portal while holding a spawner with a Portal Gun using the 'G' key? If not, then Mystcraft portals are the only mod that I know of that allows you to move spawners from one dimension to another. Maybe the Force Wrench from Dartcraft might do it, but I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up with a pig spawner instead of minotaur.

SpoonsV

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it isn't possible using just Portal Guns. Are you sure that you can't go through the Twilight Forest portal while holding a spawner with a Portal Gun using the 'G' key? If not, then Mystcraft portals are the only mod that I know of that allows you to move spawners from one dimension to another. Maybe the Force Wrench from Dartcraft might do it, but I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up with a pig spawner instead of minotaur.

I successfully brought a pink ewe back through a standard Twilight Forest portal in FTB Ultimate. I would assume you still can do this.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019

I can't try it because my portal from the overworld is resetting everytime i went to twilight forest.

If i use mystcraft portal how to do it? And is it possible to bring spawner through twilight portals?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
I can't try it because my portal from the overworld is resetting everytime i went to twilight forest.
Have you tried making a portal from the TF back to the overworld?
If i use mystcraft portal how to do it? And is it possible to bring spawner through twilight portals?
1. Make a Mystcraft age that has plae blue crystal formations - you may need to make some random ages until you come across them or until you find the right page
2. Get at least 18 crystals, preferable more
3. Make a Book Receptacle with 8 crystals in a chest/furnace pattern
4. Build a crystal portal in the Twilight Forest, it can be pretty much any shape or size
5. Attach the Book Receptacle to the side of the portal
6. Insert a link book to the overworld, and a portal surface should form
7. Pick up the spawner with yout Portal Gun using the 'G' key
8. Walk backwards through the portal while "carrying" the spawner
9. You should arrive back in the overworld where the book leads to - there will not be a portal there, they are one-way
10. Place the spawner where you want it, be careful not to drop it on a torch or on grass or it will break and become a pig spawner

And yes it should be possible to do exactly the same with a Twilight Forest portal, but if yours is bugged then I can't help you.
The portal should look like this, although it doesn't have to be flat on the ground, it can be vertical like a nether portal:
1000px-2013-01-03_17.29.02.png

Bedebao

Jul 29, 2019
Galacticraft seems to overwrite the vanilla inventory
Not very useful when you're using Tinker's construct(I need to open the armor inventory with another key to get to the knapsack)

Is there a way to bind galacticraft inventory to a key?I can't find it in the controls

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
In ultimate will emeralds generate within other biomes than extreme hills? I've heard that mods that add new biomes can make changes like this to solve my problem: traveled 5000 blocks in all directions and not fou d extreme hills at all.

Also can an operator on a server spawn in any item they want? Friend said they can only use give command for vanilla items, but I think he is cheating in items. Would an operator be able to cheat in items using NEI like you can in single player mode?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
No, I think it's only extreme hills (and extreme hills edge). Those emeralds are only supposed to be a small bonus anyway, you're much better off finding a villager to trade paper and wheat with. And yes, ops can spawn in any mod item. It should show up in the server console if they do, I think NEI just acts as a front-end for issuing the command to give the items.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
So even if someone ran 4 quarries a day, but ran them all in the ocean, its unlikely after a few weeks that they would have 500 emeralds? I quarried/turtled for a month and never found one emerald. I was going to build more quarries thinking emeralds were just rare like iridium... but ive found like 24 iridium so far by mining, but not one emerald, and unlike my friend, ive gone to different biomes to mine.

I did finally find an extreme hills biome so i started a quarry on it yesterday, but its not very big so i doubt I will get many emeralds from it.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I have previously had one (but only one) world where emeralds spawned in all biomes. I never found out the reason, and never was able to reproduce it...

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried making a portal from the TF back to the overworld?

What portal? Portal guns or original TF portal?

If it is portal guns portal i already tried creating one on the overworld and when i am in the TF my portal gun that i used in the overworld doesn't have the color that i shot in the overworld. If you know what i meant.

Can't figure out how to explain it

Bedebao

Jul 29, 2019
So even if someone ran 4 quarries a day, but ran them all in the ocean, its unlikely after a few weeks that they would have 500 emeralds? I quarried/turtled for a month and never found one emerald. I was going to build more quarries thinking emeralds were just rare like iridium... but ive found like 24 iridium so far by mining, but not one emerald, and unlike my friend, ive gone to different biomes to mine.

I did finally find an extreme hills biome so i started a quarry on it yesterday, but its not very big so i doubt I will get many emeralds from it.

I found emeralds under the ocean,they were in abyssal stone
But I think abyssal stone is pretty rare

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
I have previously had one (but only one) world where emeralds spawned in all biomes. I never found out the reason, and never was able to reproduce it...

If that happened with us, id have found some too i think.

He uses an IC2 jetpack, not an MPS suit, so his range is limited, no land quarry holes for 1000 blocks in any direction from his base, he quarries only in the ocean. I found extreme hills finally and so far have 17 emeralds from one quarry, im thinking that id have noticed 20 quarry holes (64x64) near his base... especially since the only two Extreme HIlls areas i have found are completely pristine.

Lohengrin

Jul 29, 2019
Emeralds in Twilight Forest large hollow hills. Typically along the ceiling in among the gold and diamonds. Not a great deal of them, but significantly more easy to get to than combing through an Extreme Hills biome.

Reactions: zorn

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
What portal? Portal guns or original TF portal?

If it is portal guns portal i already tried creating one on the overworld and when i am in the TF my portal gun that i used in the overworld doesn't have the color that i shot in the overworld. If you know what i meant.

Can't figure out how to explain it

Portal guns do not work between dimensions. If you watch vintagebeef's videos you will see he use a port gun to transport the mobs to his TF portal. He then drops them into the TF portal (into the overworld). Then he uses his portal gun to grab them and place them in a hold pen.