Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Can't decide for myself, its impossible. Should I use sphax or default textures. Need multiple opinions maybe?
Not a simple question, there is no simple answer, and very much a matter of personal taste. Please, don't anyone answer this here, take it to another part of the forums. This is for "how do I..." type questions. No offence is intended.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
It didn't change anything, it still changed everything written on the monitor to size 0.5.

The problem is not the size, but that it changes everything to that size.

Yes it does. And that is by design. According to the CC wiki. http://computercraft.info/wiki/Monitor.setTextScale

Function monitor.setTextScale
Sets the size of all text on the monitor. scale can be any multiple of 0.5, starting at 0.5 and ending at 5.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
Power armor grafter. Does it work just like shovel and pickaxe. Just need to left click leaves. I see no setting while in sneak mode, but when i left click I don't get a sapling.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Correct me if I'm wrong. But portal guns can be used to connect other dimensions right?

If it is correct is there config for it? I want to connect twilight and overworld to bring exact spawner. Not by using safari or other type. And i can't connect the twilight portal through the overworld.

Because i saw youtube videos and it shows it can

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Power armor grafter. Does it work just like shovel and pickaxe. Just need to left click leaves. I see no setting while in sneak mode, but when i left click I don't get a sapling.
Is the tree analyzed? It only drops when it's analyzed.
Correct me if I'm wrong. But portal guns can be used to connect other dimensions right?

If it is correct is there config for it? I want to connect twilight and overworld to bring exact spawner. Not by using safari or other type. And i can't connect the twilight portal through the overworld.

You're right, they can be used to do so.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
In ultimate will emeralds generate within other biomes than extreme hills? I've heard that mods that add new biomes can make changes like this to solve my problem: traveled 5000 blocks in all directions and not fou d extreme hills at all.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
In ultimate will emeralds generate within other biomes than extreme hills? I've heard that mods that add new biomes can make changes like this to solve my problem: traveled 5000 blocks in all directions and not fou d extreme hills at all.
I don't know if it was the mods doing this but I once found far more emeralds in a non-hills biome than I ever did combing the nearby extreme hills. o_O

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any difference between diamond grinding heads/wheels and wolframium ones, when constructing a Gregtech industrial grinder?

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Does the bees pollination trait affect 'flower planting'? That discussion earlier got me thinking about making a flower farm... (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ *:・゚✿*:・゚✿

ViruzzzDK

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking for a way to kill slimes for a slime grinder, the MFR grinder is not an option as it causes crashes for some people on the server I play on.
I was considering drowning, but since slimes can split twice and take a while before they start drowning, I am worried it might cause a bit of server lag if there's constantly 100s of entities in the spawner.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking for a way to kill slimes for a slime grinder, the MFR grinder is not an option as it causes crashes for some people on the server I play on.
I was considering drowning, but since slimes can split twice and take a while before they start drowning, I am worried it might cause a bit of server lag if there's constantly 100s of entities in the spawner.

My friend built me a slime spawner on an Ultimate server way back in the day that involved a central pit for the slimes to drop in and a wider ring around the pit lined with Sentry Turrets.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Apple trees from BoP have the useful property of being made from a vanilla wood while having funky saplings for the bio-reactor.

Do any other trees in Unleashed have that property?

If you analyze a vanilla tree with a Forestry treealyzer or Multifarm, they drop different saplings while remaining the same tree (the analyzed oak also drops five times the number of apples from its leaves on average). So you could technically have 8 different vanilla trees instead of just four... one analyzed and one non-analyzed version of each.

Jungle trees drop very few saplings though, making it barely even sustainable to replant them. If you want saplings for the bioreactor, I'd ignore them and just go with oaks, birches and spruce instead. That's already six different saplings with the analyzer trick.

And if you have a bee nearby, you can very quickly get mundane larch and silver lime trees bred out of those vanilla ones, giving you two extra types with little to no effort.

Is there any difference between diamond grinding heads/wheels and wolframium ones, when constructing a Gregtech industrial grinder?

There is no difference; it's an alternate recipe that's equivalent in all respects. A kind of reward for teching all the way up to the tungsten tier.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019

Extra Utilities adds a beautiful block called an iron spike.

It is large and pointy. It does about what you'd imagine.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
If you analyze a vanilla tree with a Forestry treealyzer or Multifarm, they drop different saplings while remaining the same tree (the analyzed oak also drops five times the number of apples from its leaves on average). So you could technically have 8 different vanilla trees instead of just four... one analyzed and one non-analyzed version of each.

Jungle trees drop very few saplings though, making it barely even sustainable to replant them. If you want saplings for the bioreactor, I'd ignore them and just go with oaks, birches and spruce instead. That's already six different saplings with the analyzer trick.

And if you have a bee nearby, you can very quickly get mundane larch and silver lime trees bred out of those vanilla ones, giving you two extra types with little to no effort.

Treealyzed things no longer seem to work in MFR's bio-reactor. This is no surprise given that SirSengir doesn't seem to really love MFR.

Through careful testing and running around the world at random, the trees with vanilla oak wood and funky saplings that are recognized by the bio-reactor are:

Apple
Origin valley
Dying (the brown oaks)
Orange autumn

This plus rubber and pure vanilla oaks will bring me to six kinds of trees on one plot. That's probably enough. All of the BoP trees work and someone could easily get nine kinds and just build a rainbow wood house, but I'd prefer to only handle and use one kind.

There are also several new trees with vanilla woods other than oak, such as yellow autumn trees which have birch wood.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Perhaps you are thinking of Mystcraft portals. You build them with blue crystals that you can find in Mystcraft ages, and attach a book to the portal using a book receptacle that is also crafted from the same crystals. This creates a pale blue portal surface that entities (mobs, spawners held by a gravity gun, etc.) can pass through. I used this technique to take a skeleton spawner to the Nether so that I could farm Wither Skeletons.

Reactions: SpitefulFox