Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
what mod that added butterflies? It seems i can't find any on my SSP worlds after wondering the whole place

Forestry does. They spawn from leaves of trees that have a Forestry genome of some sort. And no naturally generated tree has that.

You need to grab some vanilla saplings and run them through a treealyzer (or get a multifarm arboretum to plant them, that analyzes them too). Those trees will then have genome information, and once they grow you will start seeing the occasional butterfly. They are a fairly rare occurence though and will attempt to avoid players if they get close.

Reactions: reddvilzz

Boona

Jul 29, 2019
FIXED:

Accidentally had a BC Consumer when I should have had a BC Producer.

what the fuck.png

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Confirm that your BC producer is outputting MJ. You can do so by attaching a redstone energy cell.

If yes --> your tesseract is improperly configured or deactivated by a redstone signal somewhere
If no --> your power converters setup is built wrong

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Question: is there any point to having manyullyn tool heads, aside from durability? Technically you get mining level 5, higher than anything else, but I have yet to find anything that a cobalt pick (mining level 4) can't mine. And cobalt is faster and cheaper. Is there maybe some other advantage that a higher mining level gives you?

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Question: is there any point to having manyullyn tool heads, aside from durability? Technically you get mining level 5, higher than anything else, but I have yet to find anything that a cobalt pick (mining level 4) can't mine. And cobalt is faster and cheaper. Is there maybe some other advantage that a higher mining level gives you?

At one point, Manyullyn was listed as having "Mining Level: Adamantine". Seems to imply that mDiyo intends to add a new ore in the future.

Also, I think Manyullyn has a higher attack power than Cobalt.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
The Twilight Forest Tree of Transformation - does it need to remain in the world to keep the biome change, or will the changed biome revert back to default once removed? The tree has a lot of particle affects and animation, and does really hurt my FPS. Ideally I'd like to remove the tree once it's done it's job.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry does. They spawn from leaves of trees that have a Forestry genome of some sort. And no naturally generated tree has that.

You need to grab some vanilla saplings and run them through a treealyzer (or get a multifarm arboretum to plant them, that analyzes them too). Those trees will then have genome information, and once they grow you will start seeing the occasional butterfly. They are a fairly rare occurence though and will attempt to avoid players if they get close.

So i just needed to put sapling on treealyzer. No matter what genome it have as long as it have genome it will spawn butterfly?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Two little things:

1.Can I grow xycraft corn in a multifarm?
2.My chestnut multifarm is only producing wood but not dropping chestnuts. At all. I think the farm being in a Savannah biome might be the problem, but climate information for tree types is a bit sparse on the wiki...

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
So i just needed to put sapling on treealyzer. No matter what genome it have as long as it have genome it will spawn butterfly?

Correct.

1.Can I grow xycraft corn in a multifarm?
2.My chestnut multifarm is only producing wood but not dropping chestnuts. At all. I think the farm being in a Savannah biome might be the problem, but climate information for tree types is a bit sparse on the wiki...

1. I have no idea. Try it?
2. You need to make a circuit board with an orchard configuration. The default multifarm is always configured as arboretum, meaning it will always chop trees. You need the orchard to make it pick fruit. Also, the electron tubes used for orchard are the same ones as used for arboretum. If you left your soldering iron in the "managed" setting, you've simply created another arboretum configuration. You need to put it in the "manual" setting. More info: http://forestry.sengir.net/wiki.new/doku.php?id=farms:programming

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
i'm trying to add EBXL to the Unleashed, and got ID conflict on some biomes. and looks like the biomes ID is not as easy to change as the block ID. is there any specific way to solve the biome conflicting ID?

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
i'm trying to add EBXL to the Unleashed, and got ID conflict on some biomes. and looks like the biomes ID is not as easy to change as the block ID. is there any specific way to solve the biome conflicting ID?

What do you mean it's not as easy to change? Don't you just go into the config and change the number like you do with everything else?

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019

tried changing the EBXL ID to 580ish range and got error of out of bound. anyone can tell me how biomes ID works?[DOUBLEPOST=1377701422][/DOUBLEPOST]i have tried changing the EBXL ID to 580ish range and got error of out of bound and i try changing the conflicting biomes ID into unused ID and it said it is still conflicting with the same problem, although i already change it to different ID.

*edit: idk what happened but i can't delete my last post, so i add new one then. sorry for spamming

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019

tried changing the EBXL ID to 580ish range and got error of out of bound. anyone can tell me how biomes ID works?

They work exactly like block and item IDs. If they overlap, there's a problem. If they don't, there isn't. If you set the ID higher than the max, there's a crash. If you don't, there isn't.

Try moving the EBXL ids to a lower range.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
So i can just use the range ID of vanilla ID then? i read somewhere vanilla ID range is around 0 to 400 ish if i am not wrong. i forgot the value. o yeah and one more problem in the log said that EBXL can't get green swamp biome. is that because of ID conflicting or what?

mvcaaa

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to keep two versions of same mod pack - Unleashed for example ?

For exanple, i wanna use 1.1.3 for SMP and 1.1.4 for single player, how to do that in "right" way ?

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
use M
Is there a way to keep two versions of same mod pack - Unleashed for example ?

For exanple, i wanna use 1.1.3 for SMP and 1.1.4 for single player, how to do that in "right" way ?

Use multiMC launcher, or just download 2 mod pack at once, and rename it to ex: "Unleashed SSP" and "Unleashed SMP" if you want to play either one just rename it again to "Unleashed" then it should works just fine. I use this way

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
I'm so used to needing to compress iridium ore into iridium ingots (like you need to do with GregTech), that I reflexively did that on my new server, which doesn't use GregTech. Is there a way to turn iridium ingots into iridium ore? Or can I substitute iridium ingots in the recipe?

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking about this yesterday too and testet it this morning. It seems not working tested with walnut and cherry trees. So multifarm ar the only way i know.

Maybe Resonant Rise (the pack I'm playing) has a different version of MFR or Forestry, but this was working for me a few weeks ago. Did you wait for the nuts/cherries to mature on the tree? (I bone-mealed some in a creative mode setup to test this - in fact I've just loaded up that world to check as I wanted to be sure I remembered correctly). The walnuts take a little while to mature, but you can use bone meal on the leaves to mature them for testing purposes. The only reason (other than a version difference or config difference that I can think of for this not working is that the tree(s) is(are) too far away, out of the radius of the fruit picker's operating zone, in which case you'll need to add an upgrade.