Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
I was watching a streamer awhile ago (I believe it was on an Ultimate server) and whenever he would drop/mine blocks they would immediately go into his inventory. There was no ~1 second wait. I was curious if this is a mod or if it is somewhere in the configs. I would like this feature with Unleashed. One more thing is there any way to increase the pickup radius?

Coin of fortune from X3n0's reliquary.

Stuwik

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question regarding sounds. I do love my railgun on the power tool, but the sound effect it makes (the same as throwing an egg) makes sniping mobs a lot less cool. A lot. So I would like to know if it is possible to change it myself, and if so, how difficult is it? Are we talking modifying the jar here? Because I have zero experience with java, and as far as I know MPS uses no custom sounds at all. I know that with the resource packs of 1.6 it will be very easy (I presume), but not wanting to wait, I feel like tinkering a bit, unless it's way over my head.

Edit: I looked in the jar and found a sound folder, with one file called MMMPSboop.wav. I tried replacing it with another wav but then it just goes silent in the game. So it seems that it is the correct file, but either it is too long (maybe coded to only accept a certain length) or something else is wrong with my file. Any ideas?

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question regarding sounds. I do love my railgun on the power tool, but the sound effect it makes (the same as throwing an egg) makes sniping mobs a lot less cool. A lot. So I would like to know if it is possible to change it myself, and if so, how difficult is it? Are we talking modifying the jar here? Because I have zero experience with java, and as far as I know MPS uses no custom sounds at all. I know that with the resource packs of 1.6 it will be very easy (I presume), but not wanting to wait, I feel like tinkering a bit, unless it's way over my head.

Edit: I looked in the jar and found a sound folder, with one file called MMMPSboop.wav. I tried replacing it with another wav but then it just goes silent in the game. So it seems that it is the correct file, but either it is too long (maybe coded to only accept a certain length) or something else is wrong with my file. Any ideas?

Did you use the exact same name for the file?
Other than that it could be encoded differently than what mc wants.

/edit -- i just did a little reading and it seems ".ogg" files are the sounds you're looking for, and they're not in the jar file according to this:
http://minecraft.ign.com/articles/features/7179/Guide-Altering-Sound-Effects

Stuwik

Jul 29, 2019
Did you use the exact same name for the file?
Other than that it could be encoded differently than what mc wants.

/edit -- i just did a little reading and it seems ".ogg" files are the sounds you're looking for, and they're not in the jar file according to this:
http://minecraft.ign.com/articles/features/7179/Guide-Altering-Sound-Effects

Yeah I even copypasted the name and checked it to be sure. See, that was what surprised me, because the other eight sounds are .ogg while that boop was in .wav and as far as I know MC only uses .ogg. Other mods have sounds placed in MC's resource folder, but not MMMPS it seems. I guess I could try to place it there as .ogg and see what happens. Otherwise, I guess the mod uses as specific setting on the .wav, don't really know how that works though. Thanks for the input, gonna tinker som more!

Reactions: AlanEsh

tobi1449

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to get both milk and mushroom soup pumped out of a rancher "harvesting" mooshrooms?
A liquid router doesn't seem to work :(

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Grinders don't seem to like mobs with Hats, so my soul shard grinder combo gets backed up and devours everyone's FPS in retaliation. Is there a way to fix this predicament other than uninstalling the hat mod?

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Grinders don't seem to like mobs with Hats, so my soul shard grinder combo gets backed up and devours everyone's FPS in retaliation. Is there a way to fix this predicament other than uninstalling the hat mod?
Run it only when you're logged in? :D
OK, seriously, switch to turtles?
(for the record, my chicken grinder eats hat-wearing poultry just as well as those without headwear)

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Run it only when you're logged in? :D
OK, seriously, switch to turtles?
(for the record, my chicken grinder eats hat-wearing poultry just as well as those without headwear)

Turtles don't create Mob Essence, and the overflow of XP drops from Turtle Kills is worst than item overflow. I guess I'll take another look at the grinders to figure out what the deal is.

What are those doors made of?
http://i.imgur.com/26Z5sCc.jpg

Those are Reappearing Blocks from Twilight Forest. They're found in Dark Towers, which are found in Dark Forests. You can either harvest the doors already in a tower, or craft your own from Encased Towerwood and Carminite.
I would have to go back and review Direwolf's videos. But I believe once you kill the Ur-Ghast part of the treasure is the ability to start crafting those doors.

Wrong. You don't need to even look at the Ur-Ghast to craft them. You can craft Carminite from Borer Essence and Ghast Tears. Borer Essence drops from Tower Borers which are like Silverfish that can be found in Towerwood blocks with the weird holes in them.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
how to stop a computer besides logging out?

one more thing. The fruit Picker from MFR will it collect walnuts from walnut trees. If not
is there a way beside a multi farm. They are 2x2 trees so a max size farm is not that effective.

The blackberry and blue berries are they a way to automate them. I tried a fruit picker and nothing happened.

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
how to stop a computer besides logging out?

one more thing. The fruit Picker from MFR will it collect walnuts from walnut trees. If not
is there a way beside a multi farm. They are 2x2 trees so a max size farm is not that effective.

The blackberry and blue berries are they a way to automate them. I tried a fruit picker and nothing happened.
Open up the computer's screen and hold CTRL+T to terminate whatever program is currently running (great way to get out of an infinite loop). To completely restart the computer, hold CTRL+R.

Not sure about the fruit picker. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet. And I don't think I've ever tried to automate berry harvesting before. I'll have to take a look. Maybe golems would be able to harvest from the berry bushes...

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019

I was thinking about this yesterday too and testet it this morning. It seems not working tested with walnut and cherry trees. So multifarm ar the only way i know.

> The blackberry and blue berries are they a way to automate them. I tried a fruit picker and nothing happened.
The MFR Harvester picks the berrys of the bush.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Tinker's Construct related questions:

1.) Does the lava consumption of the smeltery scale in any way? Like, with the amount of items being smelted, or the amount of layers the smeltery has?
*snip*
3.) How exactly does one make a good bow and arrows? What stats and material properties should I look for?

Anyone for these two?

Bonus question:

How exactly does the lapis modifier work? It says that when adding lapis you get a small chance to randomly gain looting and/or fortune. Now, I have a hammer, which can be used for both mining and as a weapon. I put 45 out of 450 possible lapis on it. The hammer instantly gained Fortune I on the first use of mining, and instantly gained Looting I on the first use as a weapon. But since then, it has remained at that level despite heavy usage.

Am I just lucky that I got the upgrades instantly, or is a certain number of lapis guaranteed to instantly grant one rank? And, will the rank keep increasing if I leave it as is, or is there a minimum amount of lapis necessary for ranks II and III to be able to trigger?

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
2.) Is aluminium ore biome-specific, or just insanely rare? (Like, rarer-than-diamond rare)

As far as I can tell from the source code, Aluminum can spawn in any biome. It's more plentiful in Extreme Hills, however.

3.) How exactly does one make a good bow and arrows? What stats and material properties should I look for?

You may find this spreadsheet useful for info on bow and arrow materials. Link originally from this thread.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone for these two?

Bonus question:

How exactly does the lapis modifier work? It says that when adding lapis you get a small chance to randomly gain looting and/or fortune. Now, I have a hammer, which can be used for both mining and as a weapon. I put 45 out of 450 possible lapis on it. The hammer instantly gained Fortune I on the first use of mining, and instantly gained Looting I on the first use as a weapon. But since then, it has remained at that level despite heavy usage.

Am I just lucky that I got the upgrades instantly, or is a certain number of lapis guaranteed to instantly grant one rank? And, will the rank keep increasing if I leave it as is, or is there a minimum amount of lapis necessary for ranks II and III to be able to trigger?
You just need to add 1 more lapis - but it will consume an upgrade - you see, it's currently stuck in Fortune and Looting I because it stops at a tier and, once you reach a new tier, it will need external input.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I can tell from the source code, Aluminum can spawn in any biome. It's more plentiful in Extreme Hills, however.
Extreme Hills? Egads, I got one of them thar hills in me backyard. Must try this later.

You may find this spreadsheet useful for info on bow and arrow materials. Link originally from this thread.
Thanks, that thread was very educational. I have a rough idea now what I want to experiment with.

You just need to add 1 more lapis - but it will consume an upgrade - you see, it's currently stuck in Fortune and Looting I because it stops at a tier and, once you reach a new tier, it will need external input.

So lapis is different from Redstone then? Redstone goes up to 50 with one modifier, but lapis goes to 450 only with three? How curious.

Reactions: SpitefulFox