Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
Its not maintained anymore. Its going to be like redpower when 1.6 comes.
Are you sure? It's only a bit over two months since last release so it doesn't seem impossible they get back. And since it's opensource, maybe someone else will pick it up!

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
The creator himself said that it will no longer be maintained because there is too much overlap with OpenPeripherals, and it's redundant to have both. Functionality that OpenCCSensors had but OpenPeripherals didn't, has been (or will shortly be) moved into OpenPeripherals. It will then be able to do everything OpenCCSensors was able to do, plus more.

The_Enemys

Jul 29, 2019
Question: Why did FTB Unleashed change the configs so that diamonds and quartz generate more, and why do they have to enable BC Chipsets for AE?

That's just a lame excuse for not spending the extra quartz needed for silicon.

My best guess is that the new packs are catering to the loudest voices in the recent Gregtech thing, which would be Greg for one pack (Greg approved the pack, but I think a lot of Gregtech fans like a lot of mods that pack doesn't include) and the people after the easiest experience on the other. The mainstream moderate challenge group probably didn't really feel they had anything to do with either end of the spectrum, and now they seem to have been ignored.

EDIT: Just to clarify; I don't mind friendly discussions about balance and/or difficulty, and I'm perfectly happy with packs on either end of the difficulty scale because they give people with those preferences a better experience and it's no skin off my back if someone else plays with settings I don't like, I just think that because the 2 groups involved in the discussion were at either end of the scale that the middle missed out on representation a bit.

Anyways, sorry for the slight derail there :)

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
My best guess is that the new packs are catering to the loudest voices in the recent Gregtech thing, which would be Greg for one pack (Greg approved the pack, but I think a lot of Gregtech fans like a lot of mods that pack doesn't include) and the people after the easiest experience on the other. The mainstream moderate challenge group probably didn't really feel they had anything to do with either end of the spectrum, and now they seem to have been ignored.

I'm prepared to jump off Unleashed any moment now, if they keep doing things like this.

If the BC Chip recipe replaces processors, then thats too OP. If they replace the diamond / gold to make processors, I guess Its fine for now.

MCsherlock

Jul 29, 2019
i just wanted to know what is up with this sheep. what mod made it.
2013-08-06_15.49.46.png

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
So I've gotten far enough into bees that I want to do the genetics. But what is a good way to power the advanced genetic machines? Like the purifier, isolator and such? Mine are always flickering from 0 to 1 in power when I try and run them and it takes ages for them to finish anything. I'm taking about a MC day or longer to finish one cycle of charging a 16 charge serum.

WZqF0HcBOXGbFEXd-Region.png

What's the best way to do this so my machines don't chug?

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
So I've gotten far enough into bees that I want to do the genetics. But what is a good way to power the advanced genetic machines? Like the purifier, isolator and such? Mine are always flickering from 0 to 1 in power when I try and run them and it takes ages for them to finish anything. I'm taking about a MC day or longer to finish one cycle of charging a 16 charge serum.
What's the best way to do this so my machines don't chug?

In general, they do take a while to complete their tasks. I normally toss a few serums in to get purified then go off and do something else while it finished.

But, to answer your question - unless those electrical engines are upgraded, you'll want to invest in a more stable MJ supply. Some of those machines take 50 MJ/t, others 25, one even takes 100 MJ/t. You could also add a series of Redstone Energy Cells to store MJ, feed the electrical engines output into those and use them as a buffer, that way you'd have energy there when the machines need it, and when they're not using it, the engines can top up the REC's.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Also, don't use engines directly on machines. Other than redstone engines on pumps, this is in almost all cases a really bad idea because of the way Buildcraft energy works.

Short form: engines generate power internally and only output in singular bursts at the apex of their piston stroke. Machines on the other hand almost always have a burst input limit. A lot of engines attempt to output over 100 MJ per burst, while some machines accept less than 10 at once. The energy that cannot be transferred is either lost, or accumulates inside the engine until it shuts down/blows a valve/explodes/etc.

Therefore, unless you have a pump with redstone engines, always use conductive pipes or redstone conduits in between. Always, always, always.

Reactions: Flipz

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
Running Unleashed plus Gregtech, what is my best option to light a 64 block square workshop nowadays?

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
Thanks, just tried them though, will need so many to light up the area I have I don't think they are feasible. Back to wrath lamps in the short term.

RoloisRight

Jul 29, 2019
Running Unleashed plus Gregtech, what is my best option to light a 64 block square workshop nowadays?

I'm using Bibliocraft lamps and MFR glowstone bricks for my next workshop. The lamps can look a bit weird when you have too many of them so I alternated them on the ceiling with the blocks. I'm thinking about making Gaseous Glowstone from Thaumic Tinkerer in bulk and removing the glowstone bricks in the future.
0EWOYud.jpg

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
Got another question here.

Using DW20's 1.5 pack (v1.1.1 of course). Is there anyway I can change the output of the Thermal Expansion sawmill to output 6 planks per log like it used to be instead of the 4 planks per log it is in the pack? I looked in the Thermal Expansion config but I couldn't seem to find it. Am I just blind and overlooked it, is the option in another config, or is there just no way to change it? Thank you in advance. :)

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
The sawmill behavior is a bug that is already known and will be fixed in the next version. However, it's not known yet if there will be another 1.5.x version; they are already working on the 1.6 port.

Reactions: ZeCowMan

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
The sawmill behavior is a bug that is already known and will be fixed in the next version. However, it's not known yet if there will be another 1.5.x version; they are already working on the 1.6 port.

Alrighty, thanks.

Not sure if said fix will be in the next DW20 1.5 update, but I'm pretty sure there's going to be another version since the pack's most recent version is broken (hence why I'm playing v1.1.1 instead of v1.1.2).

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
Still using Unleashed plus Gregtech, any reason why powerconverters in disabled? Is it going to cause a problem by enabling it?