Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
How do you make OreBerry bushes proliferate?
the fruit ones grow naturally up to 3 high, do ore ones do that too?

I haven't been able to get them to grow more bushes ._.

Light level has to be low, and i think they check for height as well. My best experience has been a dark room near bedrock.
*Increased output but i have seen no growth yet =S

Reactions: Flipz

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Light level has to be low, and i think they check for height as well. My best experience has been a dark room near bedrock.
*Increased output but i have seen no growth yet =S

Mm... to progress through growth stages they have to be in light level 11 or below, but I'm more talking about them creating more bushes that you can pick up and increase your ore berry output.
I've currently got them in a room with 0 light and they're all sitting on ores too (not sure if this is a condition of growth or not)

If there's no growth soon I'll make it so there's light in the room but lower than 11

EDIT: there's also two high gap above each of them with a gap inbetween the rows of bushes

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think they'll ever "bud" off new blocks like raspberries and blueberries do, sadly. :(

Nice tip on the bedrock level room, though, brujon, I'll have to try that. :)

While we're on the subject: is there a way to automate oreberry harvesting? With turtles, perhaps?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think they'll ever "bud" off new blocks like raspberries and blueberries do, sadly. :(

Nice tip on the bedrock level room, though, brujon, I'll have to try that. :)

While we're on the subject: is there a way to automate oreberry harvesting? With turtles, perhaps?

I know that MFR harvesters do the edible berries, and I don't see why they won't do the ore berries either
I've also heard about golem automation, but you have to make sure that there's half slabs on the top otherwise the golems will walk on it and eventually die (haven't done this myself but I've seen it here and there)

Reactions: Flipz

The_Enemys

Jul 29, 2019
On Forgecraft they had an issue with the Forestry spectacles feature ("wear this headpiece to see the pollinated leaves"). Basically, for some odd reason, if one player wore spectacles, the framerate of all players on the server plummeted to less than half. Super weird bug. I think Sengir fixed it, though maybe the version you are playing with has this issue.

For reference, I believe Sengir was using a global variable for the spectacles, which from what I can figure oscillated constantly when multiple players were on because it was trying to turn off for all the players without spectacles and turn on for the player with them at the same time.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm. Thanks for the response. I am not sure why the setup isn't working then. Very odd.

Figured it out, for the record. There is a bug/interaction issue with the mekanism devices and universal cable (I don't have any of the other conductive piping and rotating with a wrench, so I don't know if it's just the machines or the cable). If you rotate the machine into a powered cable, it seems to not want to receive power. They have to be placed and then powered.

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019
What is that terrifying eye you sometimes see in pocket dimensions from dimensional doors?

I was poking around in a test world and found a naturally spawned dimensional door. Inside was a maze of doors. At some point I noticed a weird particle effect and looked up, and there was a GIANT EYE slowly opening in the void. I kept staring at it, and suddenly I was somewhere else. I suspect Limbo. What the hell is that thing? Does it always send you to Limbo? When does it show up, and when is it safe in a pocket dimension?

Reactions: SpitefulFox

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
What is that terrifying eye you sometimes see in pocket dimensions from dimensional doors?

I was poking around in a test world and found a naturally spawned dimensional door. Inside was a maze of doors. At some point I noticed a weird particle effect and looked up, and there was a GIANT EYE slowly opening in the void. I kept staring at it, and suddenly I was somewhere else. I suspect Limbo. What the hell is that thing? Does it always send you to Limbo? When does it show up, and when is it safe in a pocket dimension?
I call them Guardian Monoliths. They're present in about 50% of naturally-generated pocket dimensions. It should be fairly obvious which ones have them, because they make this horrible, creepy noise that alerts you to their presence immediately. And yes, they always send you to Limbo. The best part is, Limbo is populated with thousands of the bastards.

Sent from boobs (because why not?)

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Are Seared Bricks okay to build with or will they try and turn themselves into smelteries every block update?

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019
I call them Guardian Monoliths. They're present in about 50% of naturally-generated pocket dimensions. It should be fairly obvious which ones have them, because they make this horrible, creepy noise that alerts you to their presence immediately. And yes, they always send you to Limbo. The best part is, Limbo is populated with thousands of the bastards.

I was listening to the radio at the time, so I had the sound turned all the way down. Didn't hear a thing. Damn thing scared me half to death when I looked up and saw it. And that was after I almost got Jill Sandwiched by a piston trap.

Note to self: Dimensional Door dungeons are scary.