Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Jul 29, 2019
At this point, very sure because I've watched the arrow travel from my bow, hit the mob and then stick into the ground. There were no skeletons around at the time. I guess I'll just have to keep toying with it.

chakratos

Jul 29, 2019
What does the Unleashed Modpack is for?
I Mean the other new is for a challenge but what is with the Unleashed one?

LG Chakratos

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
What does the Unleashed Modpack is for?
I Mean the other new is for a challenge but what is with the Unleashed one?

LG Chakratos

It's for whatever you want it to be for. Unleashed is the "Modding Kitchen Sink." It offers a wide variety of things to do, sights to see, and pretty blocks to build with.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
pretty sure forestry adds some glasses you have to wear in order to see what leaves are pollinated
Spectacles or Apiarist Hat are the two possible kinds of headwear to see the pollinated leaves.

When is a cactus not a cacti? I have a Modest Queen in the nether with a three-high cactus planted 5 blocks away from it. It says "No flowers". Any idea why the cactus isn't good enough? The bee does say "Cacti" in its traits. It used to work but then I moved the cactus a bit closer and now it doesn't.

I just moved the cactus 1 block to the side and it's ok now. Could be a problem with something diagonally adjacent to the cactus. Any ideas?
Maybe the cactus was outside of the bee's territory?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Do butterflies currently have a use?

They can pollinate leaves the same way bees do. I have a fairly long-running world, and if I grab my spectacles and fly around the wilderness there's random pollinated blocks here and there from butterflies that got away ;)

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
9x6x9, centered on the housing (not 100% sure on the Y-axis), so 5 blocks away is too much, 4 blocks away works.
Ah, I thought it was radius not diameter, as my bees have been spreading flowers over a very large area.. But the wiki shows it as a square area so moving it sideways relative to the apiary should not have made a difference, but it fixed it.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
9x6x9, centered on the housing (not 100% sure on the Y-axis), so 5 blocks away is too much, 4 blocks away works.

Middle of the bees range is the Y axis, but... that could be bottom block at the apiary and upwards (which makes sense since it's an even number) or centered on the apiary with 2 below and 3 above

WardyJo

Jul 29, 2019
Bee question:

I'm playing on a server with a spawn shop area, I have bought 9 valuable drones there, how do I turn these drones into princesses, i.e what do I breed them with or what machines should I use?

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
Okay... maybe not so simple:
Is there anyway to convert an old tekkit lite world into a feed the beast ult (for the redpower stuff) world? I've seen tools that can convert one type to another, but haven't seen anything to change from tewkkit to ftb.
And no I know even so it wont be perfect, I don't care if I need to do repairs. I just really miss my hallowed extream hills base.

Bee question:

I'm playing on a server with a spawn shop area, I have bought 9 valuable drones there, how do I turn these drones into princesses, i.e what do I breed them with or what machines should I use?

Step 1: Breed your bought drones with any princess (rocky are nice, to gain nocturnal stats).
Step 2: Breed the new princess (that may now be a ___ valuable hybrid) with the same bought drones.
Step 3: Repeat until the princess you get becomes a valuable, then...
Step 4: Breed the new valuable princess again with the bought drones until both the active and inactive traits become that bee type (to avoid hybrids).
Step 5: Then.. one more time, breed it with the same bought drones so you no longer have a 'hybrid' that could end up poping out as one or the other plus now you can breed more pure valuable drones that you can use to repeat on another princess to start this all over again.
Use chocolet frames to speed this up. It could take half a minecraft day with such to finish all the steps, it's not hard at all. Just be sure to do it all by hand, no automation.
Can also use a basic alv.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
So i updated my Unleashed from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2, and then load my world from 1.1.1 in 1.1.2, but there is some error of ID missing while i was loading the world. and the game asked if i want to continue or not. So i chose continue, but the problem is that the missing ID is underground biomes stuff. so the whole underground world is missing because of that. showing only the ores and stuff but no underground biomes stuff. how do i fix that? i replace the 1.1.2 underground biomes with the 1.1.1. config so the ID should have the same. but instead the blocks are missing. is there any way i can fix it?

hope you guys understand what i am saying

and i found some weird thing happening on my SSP, i found some natura berry bush. the one that is looks like a grass or some kind, not the one you can right click to get the berry, i forgot what it is called. when i broke it, instead it gave me energy flow circuit. what? is it just me or what?

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
most of the errors i got were from MFFS. only one BoP error missing ID, but BoP items only show the ID#s and the icon is something from GT.
5.9.2 is a backport, and sorta buggy.

why the heck are there TWO MFFS?

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
If you're on the DW20 1.5 pack, it's because he wanted 2 in there, he liked both versions of it.

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
Calclavia MFFS doesn't use Forcium, and has some RedPower-frame-like capabilities, but is closed-source. The other one, Minalien-Searge, has Monazit and Forcium, and is open-source.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
What do I need to do to make a hydrogen generator function on the moon in Galacticraft? Will it only function in an O2 bubble?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
What do I need to do to make a hydrogen generator function on the moon in Galacticraft? Will it only function in an O2 bubble?

Since that mod isn't in any FTB pack, you probably won't find many people who can answer this question here. Have you tried the official Galacticraft forum thread on Minecraftforum.net?