Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
They are turned of in the config as far as I know, but you can turn IC2 rubber wood into rubber aswell, although probably with less rubber per tree.
Yeah I know, but I'm hesitant to start a MFR tree farm using the few IC2 saplings I have. Those trees drop notoriously few saplings, so this kind of farm might not even be viable if I get unlucky with the sapling drops.
I'll just tap the globs for now; maybe if I accumulate a full stack of IC2 rubber tree saplings I'll try to start an MFR tree farm with half the stack. Thanks!

neiromaru

Jul 29, 2019
I can't locate -any- MFR rubber trees on the server I'm on (Unleashed with BoP enabled), thus the IC2 rubber question.
They are turned of in the config as far as I know, but you can turn IC2 rubber wood into rubber aswell, although probably with less rubber per tree.

A sawmill will produce a sticky resin from IC2 rubber tree logs 1/3 of the time. But an MFR tree farm (with planter, fertilizer, and harvester) goes so fast that you'll still probably get more resin than a single extractor can process. If it's too slow just add some range upgrades and make the farm bigger.

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
How do I export cells into a liquid transposer from AE now, in the 1.5.* version I have you don't get the 'uncoloured hole' in the config that used to work.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I had a squid from a Jailer Net inside of a 3x1x3 pool of water next to a Rancher, but it eventually died. Does forcefully extracting ink sacks with the Rancher damage the squid or did it just "air drown" ?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I had a squid from a Jailer Net inside of a 3x1x3 pool of water next to a Rancher, but it eventually died. Does forcefully extracting ink sacks with the Rancher damage the squid or did it just "air drown" ?

An alternative to carrying them inside is to make them spawn in it.

They also spawn in flowing water from my experience, so.. if you create a really high column of water with your rancher down the bottom and only source blocks at the top, this forces any squids who spawn inside down to the bottom, and also prevents them from suffocating themselves by smelling the flowers too.

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
What are the main drawbacks of building one's main base in the nether?

Thinking of occupying a fortress :3

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
What are the main drawbacks of building one's main base in the nether?

Thinking of occupying a fortress :3

Blazes, ghasts, higher chance of getting the base blown up? Risk of falling in lava? No water. Nether isn't really all the optimal, the end would be much much better.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
In general, they do take a while to complete their tasks. I normally toss a few serums in to get purified then go off and do something else while it finished.

But, to answer your question - unless those electrical engines are upgraded, you'll want to invest in a more stable MJ supply. Some of those machines take 50 MJ/t, others 25, one even takes 100 MJ/t. You could also add a series of Redstone Energy Cells to store MJ, feed the electrical engines output into those and use them as a buffer, that way you'd have energy there when the machines need it, and when they're not using it, the engines can top up the REC's.
Okay I changed the set up. I made a set of 6 redstone energy cells spaced apart so all but one side has an electrical engine attached all powered by ult solars and hooked to my bee machines using redstone conducts. But the machines still tank, and struggle flickering between 0/1 MJ and still takes ages to do anything. I don't notice any boosted speed from the other set up.

MHSerxfKR4kTqTQo-Region.png

It just tanks :/

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Okay I changed the set up. I made a set of 6 redstone energy cells spaced apart so all but one side has an electrical engine attached all powered by ult solars and hooked to my bee machines using redstone conducts. But the machines still tank, and struggle flickering between 0/1 MJ and still takes ages to do anything. I don't notice any boosted speed from the other set up.

Let's see. 6 cells with 5 engines each at 2 MJ/t -> 6*5*2 = 60 MJ/t. You are still producing only barely more than half of what that ONE machine can consume, much less all of those you showed in the first screenshot. You probably have somewhere between 200 and 300 MJ/t to supply if you want all of them to run at the same time.

Now, on to troubleshooting. If none of the machines have any work scheduled, then their internal buffers should start filling up. Even with "only" 60 MJ/t this should be fairly quick and noticable, so long as none of the machines is actively doing something. If you don't see the internal buffer fill up at all, you have a problem in your power delivery.

1.) Are all the redstone energy cells empty? In other words, are they all outputting? Nearby redstone signal sources can potentially deactivate redstone energy cells unless they are configured to ignore that behavior in their GUI.

2.) Are all conduits wrenched correctly? The attachment point of the conduit to the redstone energy cell must be showing orange (with a stylized arrow pointing outward), while the attachment points of the consuming machines must be showing blue (with a stylized arrow pointing towards the machine). Change this by right-clicking the respective conduit section with a Buildcraft compatible wrench. A common mistake stems from the fact that a single block cannot have both inputting and outputting behavior, meaning you need to have at least two pieces of conduit between the energy cell and any machine. One piece to be set to outputting from the cell, and a second piece to be set to inputting into the machine.

3.) Are all of the energy cells still set to their default transfer amounts of 100 MJ/t in, 50 MJ/t out? It should work without problems in that configuration, but if you changed something it might cause an unintended side effect (especially the input value, as you're still using directly attached engines).

Further improvement suggestions:

- Stop attaching engines directly. :p You removed them from the machines, but now they are sitting on the redstone energy cells, which also have a burst input limit of 100 MJ (provided you didn't lower it even further in the GUI). For one un-upgraded electric engine this number is just barely OK, but more powerful engines (or groups of basic engines all stroking in unison) will fail to transfer their full output. As I said before: always use conduits or conductive pipes. Don't attach engines directly. A conduit for example has a burst input limit of 1,000 MJ, which no engine currently in the game can possibly reach (in fact, even groups rarely pass 500). A conduit will never limit your engines in any way.

- Upgrade your electric engines. Use a soldering iron to solder electron tubes made in a thermionic fabricator onto a circuit board, and then place that circuit board into the electric engine. While the base production rate of an electric engine is 2 MJ/t for 6 EU/t, if you go all out (two tin and two bronze tubes on an intricate circuit board) you can bump it up to 14 MJ/t for 50 EU/t. A single ultimate solar could still drive 10 of these engines, for a total of 140 MJ/t, more than twice of what you currently produce with 30 (but you definitely need to attach the upgraded engines to conduits, and remember to wrench them correctly).

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
just started unleashed.. and.. I am blonde.. but steel... cant make a blast furnace, i googled and was suggested an industrial centrifuge .. but to make that you need advanced circuit.. which needs glowstone. so.. help?

also isnt waypoints part of it anymore? It shows my old waypoints from before but now i cant remove those..

*is dumb*

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
just started unleashed.. and.. I am blonde.. but steel... cant make a blast furnace, i googled and was suggested an industrial centrifuge .. but to make that you need advanced circuit.. which needs glowstone. so.. help?

also isnt waypoints part of it anymore? It shows my old waypoints from before but now i cant remove those..

*is dumb*

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking for the first bit

But the second bit can be remedied easily, the map controls default to - to place a waypoint, and = to access the menu to configure your waypoints from the old world and keybinds.

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
i need to make steel. and you cant make a blast furnace without going into the nether, but to go into the nether you need steel to make flint and steel. so I googled http://gregtech-addon.wikispaces.com/Getting+Started+Guide+for+GregTech suggested going through an industrial centrifuge. but to make that you need advanced circuits which use glowstone...

second part, and nope not working for me :( tried all the keys, checked the keybind list.. nothing about waypoints

cynric

Jul 29, 2019
i need to make steel. and you cant make a blast furnace without going into the nether, but to go into the nether you need steel to make flint and steel. so I googled http://gregtech-addon.wikispaces.com/Getting Started Guide for GregTech suggested going through an industrial centrifuge. but to make that you need advanced circuits which use glowstone...

second part, and nope not working for me :( tried all the keys, checked the keybind list.. nothing about waypoints

Are you sure you are playing Unleashed, because GregTech isn't part of that by default.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
i need to make steel. and you cant make a blast furnace without going into the nether, but to go into the nether you need steel to make flint and steel. so I googled http://gregtech-addon.wikispaces.com/Getting Started Guide for GregTech suggested going through an industrial centrifuge. but to make that you need advanced circuits which use glowstone...

hm. to clarify, you are using unleashed not unhinged? because those are the default keybinds for unleashed, not sure about unhinged

And for the flint and steel thing, you can also do it with some lava and a block of wood.

Basically, build your portal frame, then place your block of wood next to one of the bottom frame blocks (where you would normally light the portal)
Next step.. place a bucket of lava next to the piece of wood, making sure it doesn't flow into the frame (prevents portal formation) also you'd probably want to make it so it doesn't flow anywhere at all..

This will light your block of wood on fire, which will eventually spread to the portal frame and form your portal to the nether.