Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Infallible83

Jul 29, 2019
Quick Extra Bees question...

Does anyone know if it is possible (and if so, how?) to pull a depleted serum out of an inoculator?

Basically I am trying to automatically pull them out and send them to be refilled before putting them back in.

Infallible83

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
Blazes, ghasts, higher chance of getting the base blown up? Risk of falling in lava? No water. Nether isn't really all the optimal, the end would be much much better.
Well, lava and blazes I can take, ghasts as well (their explosions are really weak, won't even destroy bricks even if it hits 100%) but no water is a very good point. That can be a real issue and would force me to import water in containers from the overworld. Quite obnoxious. The end is simple of course, but it's kinda boring. Maybe I can make an interesting mystcraft age.

Nitro Creeper walks by your storage room and sneezes.
Good point. Can nitro creepers destroy obsidian? The plan is to have an ME system, saving everything on a disk drive or two. Would be easy to encase them in obsidian.

cynric

Jul 29, 2019
Can nitro creepers destroy obsidian? The plan is to have an ME system, saving everything on a disk drive or two. Would be easy to encase them in obsidian.

I don't think so, I had a few nasty surprises in a recent world after stepping through the portal. The portal frame was never destroyed, only the portal was blown out. Plus all my items were scattered over the landscape ...

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Well, lava and blazes I can take, ghasts as well (their explosions are really weak, won't even destroy bricks even if it hits 100%) but no water is a very good point. That can be a real issue and would force me to import water in containers from the overworld. Quite obnoxious. The end is simple of course, but it's kinda boring. Maybe I can make an interesting mystcraft age.
You can do the exact opposite of Nether pumping by having an Aqueous Accumulator in the overworld pipe into an Ender Tank/Tesseract to send to your Nether base. :p

Good point. Can nitro creepers destroy obsidian? The plan is to have an ME system, saving everything on a disk drive or two. Would be easy to encase them in obsidian.

After some testing in singleplayer, it looks like obsidian is nitro creeper-proof. Also, you could probably use a Magnum Torch to keep them from spawning around your base to cut down on the chance of accidental explosions.

Reactions: Flipz

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks all! :)

Thinking of getting EU from a giant golem-based nether wart farm (if golems harvest warts?) centrifuged into methane. Only get 40k EU per stack from them though, and takes over 8 minutes to process a stack into methane xD. So not terribly effective, but kinda cool.[DOUBLEPOST=1376089719][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, using sewage "lines" for transporting them from the farm into the base, like the water rides you use in vanilla but with sewage since water can't be in the nether... and because Crapwarts & Company is an excellent name.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019

Does anyone know if it is possible (and if so, how?) to pull a depleted serum out of an inoculator?

Basically I am trying to automatically pull them out and send them to be refilled before putting them back in.

Infallible83

The simplest way in my opinion would be to use a precision import bus from applied energistics, it will match exactly the item in its GUI and only pull out that item with that specific damage value (which can pull out depleted serums). The downside to this is the Import/export buses from applied energistics can only have 8 items programmed into them, so you have a realistic maximum of 32 items in and out per inoculator. (One side for power, 5 sides left over, maximum even number of import and export buses is 2 each)

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to spawn in a thaumonomicon with all research completed? I'd like to move a node into my thaumcraft room before I start and creative spawned crystal cores won't work for some reason.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

Infallible83
Only thing I can think of would be to use either a Factorization Router or an Inventory Turtle (from MiscPeripherals, I think) and target the correct slot. Assuming that a wooden pipe on the side or bottom doesn't work, of course.

Also, using sewage "lines" for transporting them from the farm into the base, like the water rides you use in vanilla but with sewage since water can't be in the nether... and because Crapwarts & Company is an excellent name.
Since you've got sewage, I can only assume that you have MFR installed- so you have conveyor belts at your disposal. Both MFR and ExtraUtils have conveyors that can go uphill (which flowing liquids can't). Alternatively, if you want less lag, you could use Buildcraft pipes, Redpower Pneumatic Tubes (if you're on Minceraft 1.4.7), Railcraft gizmos (chestcarts, item loaders/unloaders, and various rails), vanilla lines of Hoppers and/or Droppers, AE stuff, GregTech electric buffers, Enderchests, Tesseracts, or any one of a multitude of other item transport devices from mods that I'm forgetting about.

If you want to be able to see items moving, I'd recommend either conveyor belts or BC pipes. Logistics Pipes could also be extremely useful for automating machines.

MFR's conveyors look nicer, only take up the bottom of the block, and can be dyed, but you can't pick items on them. This is handy after you've set things up, but is annoying if you drop tools on them while you're working.
ExtraUtils conveyors take up the whole block and are not animated (so it's hard to tell if they're facing the right way), but won't drag you while you're sneaking, which could ve very handy in the Nether. I'm not sure as to whether or not you can pick up items on them, but I'll test as soon an my Unleashed pack updates itself.

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to be able to see items moving, I'd recommend either conveyor belts or BC pipes. Logistics Pipes could also be extremely useful for automating machines.
But that's isn't as crappy (hehe). I will be using MFR to get the items into the crap (golem connected to hopper above item distributor) but moving it with crap is more fun. If I just wanted efficiency I could just use pipes or AE.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Is there a way to spawn in a thaumonomicon with all research completed? I'd like to move a node into my thaumcraft room before I start and creative spawned crystal cores won't work for some reason.
There's an option in Thaumcraft's config file to enable the Thaumonomicon Cheat Sheet that's by default turned off.

In whatever file management program you like, go to the folder where you placed your FTB launcher, then to the folder named after whatever modpack you're using (i.e. Unleashed, Unhinged, etc.), then "minecraft", then "config", then open "thaumcraft.cfg" or similar in a text editor (Notepad might not work, try Notepad++ or something), find the line about the cheat sheet, and change the "false" to "true".

This will allow your to spawn in the cheat Thaumonomicon, although I'm not sure if spawning it in and looking at it will let you craft a Crystal Core. Are you sure that you set your spawned core up correctly, and hit it with a wand of the Thaumaturge?

I'm not sure as to whether or not you can pick up items on them, but I'll test as soon an my Unleashed pack updates itself.
Testing indicates that you will pick up items on ExtraUtils conveyors. This could be handy while you're building, but annoying after you've set up your system.
For some reason, I couldn't edit my previous post- I would've edited my results into it.

Reactions: Shakie666

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
There's an option in Thaumcraft's config file to enable the Thaumonomicon Cheat Sheet that's by default turned off.

In whatever file management program you like, go to the folder where you placed your FTB launcher, then to the folder named after whatever modpack you're using (i.e. Unleashed, Unhinged, etc.), then "minecraft", then "config", then open "thaumcraft.cfg" or similar in a text editor (Notepad might not work, try Notepad++ or something), find the line about the cheat sheet, and change the "false" to "true".

This will allow your to spawn in the cheat Thaumonomicon, although I'm not sure if spawning it in and looking at it will let you craft a Crystal Core. Are you sure that you set your spawned core up correctly, and hit it with a wand of the Thaumaturge?

Thank you. I would've used node bees, though they've apparently been removed according to NEI. However, the aura attract effect is still ingame - does anyone know what bee has it now?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
In 'feed the beast/<modpack>/minecraft/config/mmmPowersuits.cfg', set 'B:"Gregtech Recipes"=false' to 'true'

If you want to only use those recipes, set all other recipe types in the same section to 'false'.

Reactions: Verdat

hermos

Jul 29, 2019
The question isn't that weird, considering Twilight Forest generates its terrain at a base of y=32 and copper generally doesn't spawn lower than y=40.

oh
well sorry if i was a bit offensive
but i still find copper in the twilight forest
by the way can you please help?
do you know any way to make a mystcraft world
that has meadow biome and dense ores in it
and it would be a stable world?
last time i tried
...it was awful