Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone tell me the pages and the right order to make a stable void world?
(1.4.7 ultimate pack)

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
You cannot make stable Dense Ores worlds. This is intentional. ;)

Back before the 10.4 update I was able to make fairly stable dense ores worlds by using a few charged and scorched surface symbols. There was, of course, lightning and flaming animals but other than that it was perfectly stable.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to set up a system for my Railcraft boiler whereby I send lava buckets into the firebox, then suck out the resulting empty bucket. How exactly can I do this, I'm struggling to suck back out my empty bucket. Have tried the side and the underneath of the boiler.
Railcraft_1.5.2-7.3.0.0

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Back before the 10.4 update I was able to make fairly stable dense ores worlds by using a few charged and scorched surface symbols. There was, of course, lightning and flaming animals but other than that it was perfectly stable.

So your age had instability... which is exactly what I was saying.

Whether the instability is conveniently wimpy or not, does not affect the definition of "you cannot make a stable Dense Ores age". ;)

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
So your age had instability... which is exactly what I was saying.

Whether the instability is conveniently wimpy or not, does not affect the definition of "you cannot make a stable Dense Ores age". ;)

Does the lightning and such actually count as instability though? I've always thought of instability as decay or potion debuffs, and the charched and scorched surface as fancy ways to negate that.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Does the lightning and such actually count as instability though? I've always thought of instability as decay or potion debuffs, and the charched and scorched surface as fancy ways to negate that.
Charged symbols and the like are of the kind "choose your poison". There is a range of possible instability effects, which includes the charged symbol and the other you can manually add. The last time I used Mystcraft, it worked the following way:
- Are certain symbols (like dense ores) used? Then add X to the instability counter.
- Are certain symbols (like villages) used more than 3 times? Then add Y to the instability counter.
- Are needed symbols missing or used too often (like using 3 biomes in a checkerboard biome generator)? Then add Z to the instability counter.
- Are instability symbols (like charged) added? Then remove W from the instability counter.
- Add instabilities with a value less than the instability counter to a pool to choose from.
while(instability pool not empty) {
Choose random instability
Then add instability and remove value from the instability counter
Remove instabilites from the pool, which have a value bigger than the instability counter
}

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
i consider a world "stable" if it has no decay, no meteors, no explosions. other stuff isnt fatal, so i consider it to be stable.

you have to write the rest of the book PERFECTLY if youre planning on a DO symbol. add instability symbols to help stabilize things.
if you dont get a world-wrecking instability, youre good to go. everything else (except nausea maybe) should be survivable/bearable. mine away my friend, mine away!

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
Charged symbols and the like are of the kind "choose your poison". There is a range of possible instability effects, which includes the charged symbol and the other you can manually add. The last time I used Mystcraft, it worked the following way:
- Are certain symbols (like dense ores) used? Then add X to the instability counter.
- Are certain symbols (like villages) used more than 3 times? Then add Y to the instability counter.
- Are needed symbols missing or used too often (like using 3 biomes in a checkerboard biome generator)? Then add Z to the instability counter.
- Are instability symbols (like charged) added? Then remove W from the instability counter.
- Add instabilities with a value less than the instability counter to a pool to choose from.
while(instability pool not empty) {
Choose random instability
Then add instability and remove value from the instability counter
Remove instabilites from the pool, which have a value bigger than the instability counter
}

Hmm, that definitely makes sense, but I've never considered charged/scorched surface instability because they aren't fatal.
i consider a world "stable" if it has no decay, no meteors, no explosions. other stuff isnt fatal, so i consider it to be stable.

you have to write the rest of the book PERFECTLY if youre planning on a DO symbol. add instability symbols to help stabilize things.
if you dont get a world-wrecking instability, youre good to go. everything else (except nausea maybe) should be survivable/bearable. mine away my friend, mine away!

Yeah, unless its nausea, decay, or some sort of explosions I usually consider a world stable.

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
I used to use the xycraft tables to empty compressed air cells ready for reuse, as its not in the current modpacks (Unleashed with GT), what is the best option now?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Cyclic assemblers (from thermal expansion) are very fast autocrafters too. You have to power them, but once you notice that it's like 2 MJ per crafting step, it's pretty negligible.

(maximum speed 1 craft/tick at 2 MJ/t)

Dragonchampion

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get Ars Magicka working with Unleashed? Every time I try, even with a config file given to me by a friend it gives a black screen at startup with the following error in the console:

2013-08-10 12:19:11 [INFO] [STDERR] Exception in thread "Minecraft main thread" java.lang.VerifyError: (class: mithion/arsmagica/proxies/ArsMagicaClientPacketHandler, method: onPacketData signature: (Lnet/minecraft/network/INetworkManager;Lnet/minecraft/network/packet/Packet250CustomPayload;Lcpw/mods/fml/common/network/Player;)V) Incompatible argument to function

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
Cyclic assemblers (from thermal expansion) are very fast autocrafters too. You have to power them, but once you notice that it's like 2 MJ per crafting step, it's pretty negligible.

(maximum speed 1 craft/tick at 2 MJ/t)

OK, I'm missing something though... I have power, I have shown it what to do in the schematic area, I have import/export busses set up and working but its not emptying my air cells!

Edit, added picture.

ZabiGG

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to set up a system for my Railcraft boiler whereby I send lava buckets into the firebox, then suck out the resulting empty bucket. How exactly can I do this, I'm struggling to suck back out my empty bucket. Have tried the side and the underneath of the boiler.
Railcraft_1.5.2-7.3.0.0

What type of a setup are you using? A pipe with a gate, or an AE import bus or another method? How do you insert your lava buckets, exactly?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Is there a way to change a recipe in the configs? I am running the DW20 1.4.7 pack and I'm trying to create a charge pad efficiency upgrade. However the recipe calls for RE-Battery 30242:27. The :27 (damage value) is actually the charge on the battery. New batteries don't work and I've tried to get one to match the charge (can never get a :27). Any ideas?

ZabiGG

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to change a recipe in the configs? I am running the DW20 1.4.7 pack and I'm trying to create a charge pad efficiency upgrade. However the recipe calls for RE-Battery 30242:27. The :27 (damage value) is actually the charge on the battery. New batteries don't work and I've tried to get one to match the charge (can never get a :27). Any ideas?

If you're using the Xycraft crafting table, try a regular crafting table, or vice versa (and replace the battery inserted by NEI in the XC table grid by right-clicking [or is it clicking? can't remember -- been a while] on it with an empty battery). If this fails:
1) memorize the recipe and make sure you have all the ingredients in your inventory
2) exit Minecraft completely
3) restart Minecraft and load your world
4) important: do not open NEI (it causes NBT problems with the XC crafter in version 1.4.7)
5) go to your Xycraft crafting table and insert the recipe manually, using an empty battery

It should now work. Enjoy!

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
If you're using the Xycraft crafting table, try a regular crafting table, or vice versa (and replace the battery inserted by NEI in the XC table grid by right-clicking [or is it clicking? can't remember -- been a while] on it with an empty battery). If this fails:
1) memorize the recipe and make sure you have all the ingredients in your inventory
2) exit Minecraft completely
3) restart Minecraft and load your world
4) important: do not open NEI (it causes NBT problems with the XC crafter in version 1.4.7)
5) go to your Xycraft crafting table and insert the recipe manually, using an empty battery

It should now work. Enjoy!

I have tried the following: Vanilla crafting table, ME crafting interface, ME pattern encoder & the auto crafting table. So far none of them will work. The only item that a slightly different ID is the battery. New batteries don't have a damage value and the recipe calls for :27.

ZabiGG

Jul 29, 2019
I have tried the following: Vanilla crafting table, ME crafting interface, ME pattern encoder & the auto crafting table. So far none of them will work. The only item that a slightly different ID is the battery. New batteries don't have a damage value and the recipe calls for :27.

OK. You should definitely try the Xycraft Fabricator. (I find it very convenient since it can be connected to an inventory, and I've missed it since XC is not included in more recent versions yet). If you enter the recipe yourself in the left side pane using an empty battery, it should work. If it doesn't, just quit and restart Minecraft and avoid opening the NEI interface before trying.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
What type of a setup are you using? A pipe with a gate, or an AE import bus or another method? How do you insert your lava buckets, exactly?

inserting using just a golden pipe into the side of the firebox, tried to export the spent bucket using multiple methods (autarch gate, RedEngine, turtles)