Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Since that mod isn't in any FTB pack, you probably won't find many people who can answer this question here. Have you tried the official Galacticraft forum thread on Minecraftforum.net?
Ah, no. I knew I'd added a couple of mods, but thought that Galacticraft had been preloaded with the Ampz pack. Thanks

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
It is. However Ampz is a third party pack. It is made available on the FTB launcher, but is not maintained or promoted by the FTB team. I'd wager that only a small percentage of the people here are even aware it exists, and even less will actually have played it. I think that in the 9 months I've been around on these fourms, I've seen less than 10 threads on the topic of Voltz/Ampz in total, even counting the "why is that pack here I though t it was affiliated witth Tekkit" thread.

It's simply not very well known, which is why you'll probably have more success with your query if you try the mod's own thread. ;)

Ravnen

Jul 29, 2019
Are bees and fruit trees known to tax your computer heavily? I feel my frame rate start to drop when I begin messing around with them in worlds.

If they do, will moving it all far away and have it chunkloaded make them less of a problem? I don't really know how rendering in chunkloaded areas work.

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
What do I need to do to make a hydrogen generator function on the moon in Galacticraft? Will it only function in an O2 bubble?
As long as it has hydrogen input, it should work fine -- I've run it while scurrying around with naught but a face mask and canned air.

You have to set the electrolytic separator to dump O2, though, since that device can't output both at the same time and I can't get it to fill any useful Galacticraft containers.

Are bees and fruit trees known to tax your computer heavily?
Forestry fruit trees can start adding up in CPU usage, which is an issue regardless of how they're loaded. Bees can cause a bit of a GPU problem, but this will disappear if the clients are far away from them.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Ravnen said:
Are bees and fruit trees known to tax your computer heavily? I feel my frame rate start to drop when I begin messing around with them in worlds.

If they do, will moving it all far away and have it chunkloaded make them less of a problem? I don't really know how rendering in chunkloaded areas work.

I'm not sure if it's a widespread thing but when I had 35 apiaries running full time the bee particle effects had a bit of a detrimental effect on my framerate. The perils of running a 6 year old PC I guess.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
So i updated my Unleashed from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2, and then load my world from 1.1.1 in 1.1.2, but there is some error of ID missing while i was loading the world. and the game asked if i want to continue or not. So i chose continue, but the problem is that the missing ID is underground biomes stuff. so the whole underground world is missing because of that.
Underground Biomes? I didn't think that was in Unleashed. I got an "ID missing" error that was because OpenCCSensors has been removed.

Curbstomp

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys is there anyway I can make so I CANT just give myself any item by clicking on it on the right hand side?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019

On Forgecraft they had an issue with the Forestry spectacles feature ("wear this headpiece to see the pollinated leaves"). Basically, for some odd reason, if one player wore spectacles, the framerate of all players on the server plummeted to less than half. Super weird bug. I think Sengir fixed it, though maybe the version you are playing with has this issue.

Ravnen

Jul 29, 2019
On Forgecraft they had an issue with the Forestry spectacles feature ("wear this headpiece to see the pollinated leaves"). Basically, for some odd reason, if one player wore spectacles, the framerate of all players on the server plummeted to less than half. Super weird bug. I think Sengir fixed it, though maybe the version you are playing with has this issue.
I play Ultimate. There's no such spectacles in this version, to my knowledge. I read on a wiki that the constant update of the fruit bearing leaves would decrease frame rate, which is what I worry about together with all the annoying particles from the bees (annoying because there seems to be no way to turn them off). My solution to the bees has been to move them out of render distance, but my question was if that would help with the leaves too...

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I recently started on the FTBUnleashed pack + GregTech, and I thought that it would be nice to make my home inside one of those giant redwood trees from natura. However, I have no idea how to get saplings for them, and I haven't seen them in the wild. Since I can't find a wiki for natura, could someone tell me where the saplings can be found?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I recently started on the FTBUnleashed pack + GregTech, and I thought that it would be nice to make my home inside one of those giant redwood trees from natura. However, I have no idea how to get saplings for them, and I haven't seen them in the wild. Since I can't find a wiki for natura, could someone tell me where the saplings can be found?

The way to get saplings for them is from an existing redwood tree, you plant them in a 7x7 square and wait a while for it to grow

Once you've found a redwood tree in the wild and harvested it completely, you'll have more than enough saplings to grow quite a few more

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
As long as it has hydrogen input, it should work fine -- I've run it while scurrying around with naught but a face mask and canned air.

You have to set the electrolytic separator to dump O2, though, since that device can't output both at the same time and I can't get it to fill any useful Galacticraft containers.
Hmmm. Thanks for the response. I am not sure why the setup isn't working then. Very odd.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
The way to get saplings for them is from an existing redwood tree, you plant them in a 7x7 square and wait a while for it to grow

Once you've found a redwood tree in the wild and harvested it completely, you'll have more than enough saplings to grow quite a few more
I see. So how rare are these trees? I've done quite a bit of searching, but I have yet to find one.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I see. So how rare are these trees? I've done quite a bit of searching, but I have yet to find one.

I would rate them as moderate, not too rare, but rare enough to have to look

I personally have seen them all over vanilla plains biomes, can't recall if anywhere else
But in reality, unless you're on short render you'll see the tree before the biome it's in

PureEvil

Jul 29, 2019
Let's say I have an interchangeable component like Rubber from IC2 and Rubber Bars from MFR

Do I have to set up 2 different recipes for Copper cables in AE Autocrafting Chamber or one (with one or another rubber) is enough?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Let's say I have an interchangeable component like Rubber from IC2 and Rubber Bars from MFR

Do I have to set up 2 different recipes for Copper cables in AE Autocrafting Chamber or one (with one or another rubber) is enough?

Sadly neither option will work, AE won't look up forge compatible components for recipes when it's out of one, but also it doesn't handle two recipes for the same output either..

Best case for two recipes it will choose one at random and use it as its default, worst case it will just not work at all

So the solution is to make the recipe use the type of rubber you'll end up having the most of.

Reactions: PureEvil

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone tell me how to resolve ID missing? I added underground biomes on unleashed 1.1.1. And when i update it to 1.1.2 and load my SSP, it says that i have ID missing on underground biomes so i just continue it but the whole underground biome block just missing and leave a giant open space in the caves.

But when i create new world it is still there

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
How do you make OreBerry bushes proliferate?
the fruit ones grow naturally up to 3 high, do ore ones do that too?

I haven't been able to get them to grow more bushes ._.