Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

The_Enemys

Jul 29, 2019
]
I have yet to see a mod provide information like blast resistance or durability numbers. or damage.
Yeah, I haven't seen much about it, but some mods provide bits and pieces, such as IC2 reinforced stone (incidentally, to encourage use of reinforced stone I think IC2 nerfed obsidian, so you might want to be aware of that). I'll edit the original answer to reflect that.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Hey guys. Just now I noticed that there are 5 new enchantments in the FTBUnleashed pack: reading, freezing, soulbringer, vampirism and ashes. What do these do?
lol... those sound like message board meme's or something...

lulz. reading?[DOUBLEPOST=1374775209][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, I haven't seen much about it, but some mods provide bits and pieces, such as IC2 reinforced stone (incidentally, to encourage use of reinforced stone I think IC2 nerfed obsidian, so you might want to be aware of that). I'll edit the original answer to reflect that.
i remember atleast MC 1.2.5 ic2 obby was said to be nerfed, and that the reinforced would stop a nuke. a 2 layer reinforced would stop a melt down. No numbers to go by though...

Gnomeo

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys. Just now I noticed that there are 5 new enchantments in the FTBUnleashed pack: reading, freezing, soulbringer, vampirism and ashes. What do these do?

(edit) SpitefulFox in the next post has a better reference than my poor excuse for a memory.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Well, is there another way to spawn em? a mod-made way perhaps, other than straight up cheating?

Another way is to use transformation powder from Twilight forest mod.
What this does is turn vailla mobs into twilight forest mobs, or back again which is the part we're interested in.

So, what you want to do is explore the twilight forest and find some, it's dungeon loot style, so find a hedge maze for example, get the chests inside, find a well get chest etc. Look it up for more options
(it's all much easier with flight)

Once you've got transformation powder, you want to now find the mob to use it on, the one we're interested in is the skeleton druid. It's a skeleton with a hoe that shoots golden projectiles at you, they're found near a hut structure with a spawner of them inside.

Use the powder on them, murder them for soul shards or safari net them, or even just kill them (probably a waste of powder to do this)

Now as to why you want to go this pathway is their huts are much more frequent, and the spawner doesn't need to be set-up to make them spawn.

Shimmer015

Jul 29, 2019
Hi I'm having trouble with a program I wrote (I'm new to lua)

"
while true do
turtle.place()
turtle.dig()
turtle.sleep(5)()
turtle.select(2)()
turtle.place()
turtle.dig()
turtle.sleep(5)
turtle.select(3)()
turtle.place()
turtle.dig()
turtle.sleep(5)
turtle.select(1)()
end

After I start the program it places one block then says " place:4: attempt to call nil " any ideas to what I'm doing wrong?

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Another way is to use transformation powder from Twilight forest mod.
What this does is turn vailla mobs into twilight forest mobs, or back again which is the part we're interested in.

So, what you want to do is explore the twilight forest and find some, it's dungeon loot style, so find a hedge maze for example, get the chests inside, find a well get chest etc. Look it up for more options
(it's all much easier with flight)

Transformation Powder only appears in Hollow Hill loot chests, if I recall correctly.

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
After I start the program it places one block then says " place:4: attempt to call nil " any ideas to what I'm doing wrong?
You only need one () after each method call, whether the method takes zero arguments or if it takes several. So :

Code:
while true do
  turtle.place()
  turtle.dig()
  sleep(5)
  turtle.select(2)
  turtle.place()
  turtle.dig()
  sleep(5)
  turtle.select(3)
  turtle.place()
  turtle.dig()
  sleep(5)
  turtle.select(1)
end

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019
You only need one () after each method call, whether the method takes zero arguments or if it takes several. So :

Code:
while true do
  turtle.place()
  turtle.dig()
  turtle.sleep(5)
  turtle.select(2)
  turtle.place()
  turtle.dig()
  turtle.sleep(5)
  turtle.select(3)
  turtle.place()
  turtle.dig()
  turtle.sleep(5)
  turtle.select(1)
end
Correct me if I'm wrong but there is no turtle.sleep, it's just sleep. Try this:
Code:
while true do
  for i=1, 3 do
    turtle.place()
    turtle.dig()
    sleep(5)
    turtle.select(i)
  end
end

Reactions: gattsuru

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
So silly question:
I'm gona be doing a video lets play of feed the beast, and would like to use the chunk loaders cross realms. Now I know they don't work on SSP, but if the games open to lan will they? Or do I -have- to run a server to make it work?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
So silly question:
I'm gona be doing a video lets play of feed the beast, and would like to use the chunk loaders cross realms. Now I know they don't work on SSP, but if the games open to lan will they? Or do I -have- to run a server to make it work?

As far as I know they work in both, it's more that it's pointless to do it in SSP because the big advantage is you can get systems to run while you're not playing, however in SSP the game is stopped while you're not playing and thus they lose the big advantage

So they'll work on LAN, but same effect, may not be worth it as the game pauses when you stop playing

Ninjorp

Jul 29, 2019
My God, I am going CRAZY trying to find out how to make a waypoint in the new Direwolf 20 1.5 pack. Please help!

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Reading is an enchant added by Bibliocraft, not Thaumic Tinkerer. You can only get it on books, and when applied to a helmet, it gives the same effect as wearing Bibliocraft's glasses- you will be able to better interact with Bibliocraft blocks, by seeing the titles of books in shelves without first opening the bookshelf GUI.

It works on most Bibliocraft blocks, if I'm not mistaken. It's particularly useful on the typesetting table and the printing press.

No problem, it happens to me all the time (like with unpack over table.unpack).
I'm not certain if this is the case, but it might be that "turtle.*" commands only apply to turtles, whereas the other commands work on regular computers, too.

It makes no sense for an immobile computer to go forward or place blocks, but it can sleep just fine.

SnappCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry... I wasn't aware of "Filled" versions of Railcraft's decorative blocks...
I assume that you already tried to look up the recipe in NEI?
If so, and that didn't work, then I can't help you much. I suppose try different patterns of the other quarried blocks (just one in the crafting grid, four in a square, etc.) and see if anything works.

The modpack I made doesn't have NEI. Also, 4 in a square is how you make vanilla Stone Bricks. I tried that and I failed. I should try the rest of the suggestions you made, along with possibly craft it like a chest. Or maybe I need just three and arrange it in different ways... this is confusing me.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
The modpack I made doesn't have NEI.

Why?

Clearly you didn't read my question correctly. How do you make FILLED Quarried Stone? It's a block you CRAFT WITH QUARRIED STONE. Read the question better, dude!

Opened up the Unleashed pack and looked up all the variants of Quarried Stone in NEI. There is no such thing as "FILLED" quarried stone.

Reactions: Infallible83

The_Enemys

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not certain if this is the case, but it might be that "turtle.*" commands only apply to turtles, whereas the other commands work on regular computers, too.

It makes no sense for an immobile computer to go forward or place blocks, but it can sleep just fine.

That is almost certainly the case. Turtle functions are provided by the turtle API, which is neatly packaged into its own module, whereas (at least in ComputerCraft's implementation of Lua) sleep() will be a built in function. The built in functions provide the core functionality of the language, whereas modules can be loaded as needed for specific tasks, and left off for everything else. I don't know about ComputerCraft specifically, but you can write and load custom Lua modules to add functions and such as well.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know they work in both, it's more that it's pointless to do it in SSP because the big advantage is you can get systems to run while you're not playing, however in SSP the game is stopped while you're not playing and thus they lose the big advantage

So they'll work on LAN, but same effect, may not be worth it as the game pauses when you stop playing

Don't care about the not playing bit and having it stop. But if I wana pump lava from the nether into a tank in the over world, can a chunk loader in ssp keep said nether chunbks loaded while I'm in the over world , and have one in the overworld so it will work while I'm off in god knows where? Will they run in ssp? Or lan? or not at all unless I run a server?