Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Repost on a new page. What pipes can transport MJ energy? Glass cables are for EU. I have a set up where I have power converters powering an energy tess. From the second energy tess I want to power my entire plant/animal farm. Im unsure how to go about setting up all the power though. Would it be better to do something like two energy tess leeching off of my power converters, then the other 2 energy tess powering an opposite PC and going into a MV converter and then wiring glass cables from there? Or is there a better option?

http://i.imgur.com/jVWXemV.jpg

Is essentially what I want to power. I could do something under the floor of linking my MV converter to a second MV converter to then all of this to reset the 40 block deteroriation. But more cables sounds boring.

Conductive pipes are what you want to use, or redstone energy conduits. But depending on your version of Buildcraft, you might not want to use conductive pipes because they are worse than redstone energy conduits in all ways. But in Buildcraft 3.7.0 and up, there are actually reasons to use conductive pipes now!

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Conductive pipes are what you want to use, or redstone energy conduits. But depending on your version of Buildcraft, you might not want to use conductive pipes because they are worse than redstone energy conduits in all ways. But in Buildcraft 3.7.0 and up, there are actually reasons to use conductive pipes now!

Im at 1.5.2 with all mods updated. And from quick searching, what would work then is

Energy tess connected to a wooden conductive pipe and from there I can replace all my glass fibre cables with golden conductive pipes and it'd all work fine? Is there a way to have 2 energy tess's linked cause I dunno if 1 can power everything shown.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Im at 1.5.2 with all mods updated. And from quick searching, what would work then is

Energy tess connected to a wooden conductive pipe and from there I can replace all my glass fibre cables with golden conductive pipes and it'd all work fine? Is there a way to have 2 energy tess's linked cause I dunno if 1 can power everything shown.

just set both tesseracts to the same frequency and send only and ta-da you did it!

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Er, when I said 2, I meant two at this side. It'd be a total of 4 cause I dont believe only 1 tess could power everything with all the energy loss. So would the energy join up if I put two side by side, with two wooden pipes connecting to a golden pipe that just merged into 1 pipe and power everything?

When I say 1 tess I mean 1 set. I figured it was obvious since 1 by itself cant do anything.

Edit: Unless Im missreading what you said.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Er, when I said 2, I meant two at this side. It'd be a total of 4 cause I dont believe only 1 tess could power everything with all the energy loss. So would the energy join up if I put two side by side, with two wooden pipes connecting to a golden pipe that just merged into 1 pipe and power everything?

When I say 1 tess I mean 1 set. I figured it was obvious since 1 by itself cant do anything.

Edit: Unless Im missreading what you said.

It's perfectly possible, yes. You don't even need two on the other end, I don't think.

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
It's perfectly possible, yes. You don't even need two on the other end, I don't think.

Depending on his power draw, he very well might. I needed two to power multiple extra bees machines, for instance.

And to answer the question, yes, the energy will "join". I don't know if conductive pipes have a transfer limit or not since the 1.5 changes, but energy conduits would work fine for sure.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Damn. I haven't tried my "Filler Machine" idea yet but if it works, (which I doubt) I'll post it here.
I've always looked at decay as forming from a "seed" block. It always starts in random areas from 1 block and then spreads out from there. Thats why I want to try my idea. The thing is, if decay can suddenly turn ANY block into decay, even somewhere that isn't close to those first "seed" blocks then my idea won't work because even if I blocked the decay that was outside my "island" eventually the dirt and stone blocks INSIDE my island would eventually turn to decay blocks. IF thats how it works then my idea will fail badly, but at the moment I've only ever seen decay spread from small random areas outward to the rest of the world.

Anyways, thanks for your reply.

What you speak of is possible, but foolishly difficult.

Crumble is uncontainable. Erosion is also impossible to prevent but it is relatively slow and manageable, and maybe even useful if you're insane and like having the whole world turn into a renewable lava source around you.

The other decays are cellular automata; they multiply like bacteria and the blocks won't cross air gaps. You can defend against decay or at least try to. Fillers were buggy last time I checked so try MFFS and a block breaker upgrade or just a ton of nukes. It'll be like battling a sea of the old Thaumcraft taint all over again.

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know, no.
However, if you add multiple coal engines, each adds its own fuel storage.

So the advantage is, if you add 3x the amount of coal engines, you get 3x the amount of fuel loaded in at one time
I think they autoload coal from their storage, so it's really just a very expensive way to get a little more storage then when you're filled up with internal storage and any outer chests. Thanks.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
[Snip]

The other decays are cellular automata; they multiply like bacteria and the blocks won't cross air gaps. You can defend against decay or at least try to. Fillers were buggy last time I checked so try MFFS and a block breaker upgrade or just a ton of nukes. It'll be like battling a sea of the old Thaumcraft taint all over again.

But, won't they eventually replicate into the air gap, and thus cross it?

Darkness4910

Jul 29, 2019
how are you having it feed to it right now? adding a chest with a gate to send a redtone signal out when its full to the igneous extruder whould make it so no cobble got made if the chest was full
I'd do that, but I need some way to stop the squeezer itself from overflowing with cobble, because I haven't found a way to extract cobble from it (yet). That's why I'd like to only keep 1 cobble and 2 phosphor in there.

quantumllama

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking to clear a forested area to build a new base. Is there any good way of doing it other than getting an axe and going chop chop chopping?

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, a wrath igniter on the grass, and then afking in the center for it to all grow back.

Where can I find the latest (2.7+) versions of MFR? It's not in the forum post.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Any of you guys know server that is no pvp only pve survival and no mods banned? Except from mystcraft ages maybe

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 4 Beta

tindin

Jul 29, 2019
I'd do that, but I need some way to stop the squeezer itself from overflowing with cobble, because I haven't found a way to extract cobble from it (yet). That's why I'd like to only keep 1 cobble and 2 phosphor in there.

sorry miss read....put the gate on the sqeezer set to available inventory with what ever your using to put it in right now. oh and golems set to only put so mny in would also work