Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jacob Larson

Nov 15, 2012
I think I'm going to have to take you up on that offer on teaching about rednet, VikeStep. :p

I decided it was the best idea because I'd be learning something new and potentially valuable, and I'd been putting off learning the rednet anyway.

I have two turtles, the sending one which receives the redstone signal from the lever and sends a rednet message when the signal changes and then the other turtle which receives the rednet message and outputs a redstone signal when the message == "true". At least, in theory that's how I want it to work. I have no idea if I'm even doing it right, so thank you to whoever helps me. :)

Turtle #1 and the sending one:
http://pastebin.com/cmBuHbjw

Turtle #2 and the receiving one:
http://pastebin.com/aFEgez9D

MySideYourSide

Jul 29, 2019
Yesterday I updated quite a few mods, one of the mods gave me an extra tab in the inventory screen with what looks like the ability to equip accessories. I can't seem to find this change in any change logs. Does anyone know what the heck this is? Any item can be place in the "accessory" slots
Armor Tab.jpg

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'm going to have to take you up on that offer on teaching about rednet, VikeStep. :p

I decided it was the best idea because I'd be learning something new and potentially valuable, and I'd been putting off learning the rednet anyway.

I have two turtles, the sending one which receives the redstone signal from the lever and sends a rednet message when the signal changes and then the other turtle which receives the rednet message and outputs a redstone signal when the message == "true". At least, in theory that's how I want it to work. I have no idea if I'm even doing it right, so thank you to whoever helps me. :)

Turtle #1 and the sending one:
http://pastebin.com/cmBuHbjw

Turtle #2 and the receiving one:
http://pastebin.com/aFEgez9D

firstly in the turtle #1 code change the first instance of sleep(0) to os.pullEvent("redstone") its much better to use this than sleep(0) when dealing with redstone. what this does is only go through the rest of the loop when the redstone state changes instead of checking every second. try that and it should work now. you have all the rednet stuff correct

Also where you have sleep(0) in the if statement, it is not required

Jacob Larson

Nov 15, 2012
Awesome! I changed that, but after it wasn't working I found that I
Code:
if state == true then
should have been
Code:
if state == "true" then
because the message was sent as a string. Thanks for the help, I'm probably going to be using this a bunch of times.

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
Why are there so many engine slots on higher-end hulls in steve's carts? is there ever any benefit to having more than say coal+solar/compact solar? Could you say stack coal engines for more speed or something?

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Question regarding pipes. Ok, I wanna set up my bio reactor into a steam boiler. Finally got around to doing it. But my question lies in how could I automature sending seeds/saplings/etc to the bioreactor but also sending some back to the planter. To make sure the planter has enough to continously make more of whatever but also be able to still feed my reactor?

Also, do pipes have a travel limit for items? Trying to see where I could put my sewer system aswell and I dont think it'd be too close to my stuff so Id need an underground railroad of pipes.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Why are there so many engine slots on higher-end hulls in steve's carts? is there ever any benefit to having more than say coal+solar/compact solar? Could you say stack coal engines for more speed or something?
As far as I know, no.
However, if you add multiple coal engines, each adds its own fuel storage.

So the advantage is, if you add 3x the amount of coal engines, you get 3x the amount of fuel loaded in at one time

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Question regarding pipes. Ok, I wanna set up my bio reactor into a steam boiler. Finally got around to doing it. But my question lies in how could I automature sending seeds/saplings/etc to the bioreactor but also sending some back to the planter. To make sure the planter has enough to continously make more of whatever but also be able to still feed my reactor?

Also, do pipes have a travel limit for items? Trying to see where I could put my sewer system aswell and I dont think it'd be too close to my stuff so Id need an underground railroad of pipes.
Just have your seeds pass by the planter before the bioreactor. Diamond pipes (or insertion pipes if you're on 1.5) can force the seeds into the planter if there's room, but still let them continue on to your bioreactor if the planter is full. RP also works if you're on 1.4.7.

Pipes don't have a distance limit, but why bother with giant pipe systems when you can just use tesseracts or ender chests/tanks?

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Just have your seeds pass by the planter before the bioreactor. Diamond pipes (or insertion pipes if you're on 1.5) can force the seeds into the planter if there's room, but still let them continue on to your bioreactor if the planter is full. RP also works if you're on 1.4.7.

Pipes don't have a distance limit, but why bother with giant pipe systems when you can just use tesseracts or ender chests/tanks?

Cause pipes are cool! COOOOL! Seeing items run though them is cool. COOOOOL!

But thanks. Now I need to find out how to set all this up, half the find. I need to automate my butchery. Find out how to set up my sewage system, figure out where to put my boiler. Set up a buncha fake glass blocks for a ceiling. Man, this is gonna be fun.

Also, is there a way to connect pipes to a tessaract? Trying to figure out how to use 1 tess to power my entire mfr system without using fibre cables from my power source itself.

Darkmatter

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if this is an ok place for this question but since I wasn't able to get a clear answer googling I thought I'd give it a shot.

Is there a way to stop or block Mystcraft decay from in game? I know you can turn it off in a config file, but I'm talking about either destroying the decay blocks to prevent their spread or using a type of block or "something" to prevent the decay from spreading. For example, could I create a 100x100 block "island" that is free from decay even though the rest of the world decays? Right now the only thing I can think of is using the Clear function of Filler machines to create a zone of "air" around an island of blocks. If you made sure the Fillers always had power they might be able to destroy any decay blocks that attempt to grow into your safe zone. I don't know if this would work. I'm going to give it a shot but I wanted to see if there was any proven way to block decay incase my idea fails.

Thanks!

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if this is an ok place for this question but since I wasn't able to get a clear answer googling I thought I'd give it a shot.

Is there a way to stop or block Mystcraft decay from in game? I know you can turn it off in a config file, but I'm talking about either destroying the decay blocks to prevent their spread or using a type of block or "something" to prevent the decay from spreading. For example, could I create a 100x100 block "island" that is free from decay even though the rest of the world decays? Right now the only thing I can think of is using the Clear function of Filler machines to create a zone of "air" around an island of blocks. If you made sure the Fillers always had power they might be able to destroy any decay blocks that attempt to grow into your safe zone. I don't know if this would work. I'm going to give it a shot but I wanted to see if there was any proven way to block decay incase my idea fails.

Thanks!

Short answer No
long answer Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooope Decay is effectively the mods way of balancing itself making it not an auto win by making worlds of lava, oil, and diamonds with no risk. So the configs are your only option that I know of to stop decay.

MySideYourSide

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, I don't, lol. The only one I do know is the far bottom right slot is for the health upgrades that the mod adds, meaning you can removing the upgrades if you want.

I determined that the slot to the direct right of the helmet is for a knapsack. Equipping one there gives you yet another tab which reveals a back the size of your inventory.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Darkmatter

Jul 29, 2019
Short answer No
long answer Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooope Decay is effectively the mods way of balancing itself making it not an auto win by making worlds of lava, oil, and diamonds with no risk. So the configs are your only option that I know of to stop decay.

Damn. I haven't tried my "Filler Machine" idea yet but if it works, (which I doubt) I'll post it here.
I've always looked at decay as forming from a "seed" block. It always starts in random areas from 1 block and then spreads out from there. Thats why I want to try my idea. The thing is, if decay can suddenly turn ANY block into decay, even somewhere that isn't close to those first "seed" blocks then my idea won't work because even if I blocked the decay that was outside my "island" eventually the dirt and stone blocks INSIDE my island would eventually turn to decay blocks. IF thats how it works then my idea will fail badly, but at the moment I've only ever seen decay spread from small random areas outward to the rest of the world.

Anyways, thanks for your reply.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Repost on a new page. What pipes can transport MJ energy? Glass cables are for EU. I have a set up where I have power converters powering an energy tess. From the second energy tess I want to power my entire plant/animal farm. Im unsure how to go about setting up all the power though. Would it be better to do something like two energy tess leeching off of my power converters, then the other 2 energy tess powering an opposite PC and going into a MV converter and then wiring glass cables from there? Or is there a better option?

http://i.imgur.com/jVWXemV.jpg

Is essentially what I want to power. I could do something under the floor of linking my MV converter to a second MV converter to then all of this to reset the 40 block deteroriation. But more cables sounds boring.