Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a pretty simple question. Where in the config files can I change the ferrous pulverizer recipe so it produces ferrous dust instead of nickel? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I am using FTB Ultimate.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a pretty simple question. Where in the config files can I change the ferrous pulverizer recipe so it produces ferrous dust instead of nickel? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I am using FTB Ultimate.
Ferrous and Nickel dusts are interchangeable

Infallible83

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all, hopefully a quick question...

If a Buildcraft gate is touching multiple machines (The same type of machines) does it recognize all of them or just picks one at random?

If I give you the scenario it might help explain it better..

g = gate c = combustion engine

c
cgc
c

If I set up a gold OR gate to detect blue, green or yellow engine and output a redstone signal (i.e no signal if it is red to shut off the engine) will this work? Will the gate look at all the adjacent engines or will it just pick one? (meaning one of the others could explode as it is not being monitored).

If it doesn't work, what is the easiest way to turn off my engines automatically to prevent explosions?

Thanks,

Infallible

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
What is the best and efficient way (if there is any) of making advanced alloy, electronic circuit and advanced electronic circuit?

Because this are important materials for mid game to end game i guess? So i need to know your suggestions about efficiently making this stuff.

All i know is just the normal way, like advanced alloy is to plate bending bronze, zinc / nickel / tin / refined iron etc.
And for making circuit all i know is just 6 copper cable + refined iron and 2 redstone.

Please give me suggestion here ':)

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 4 Beta

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
If a Buildcraft gate is touching multiple machines (The same type of machines) does it recognize all of them or just picks one at random?
At least from a quick test, it'll act on all inventories that it is touching -- if it has two engines nearby, it can receive conditions Engine Green and Engine Blue simultaneously. You can work around this with pipe wire, but it's better to just have reliable water supplies.
What is the best and efficient way (if there is any) of making advanced alloy, electronic circuit and advanced electronic circuit?
Vanilla IC2, you're stuck burning (a lot) of copper and rubber.

In older versions of GregTech, you can substitute BuildCraft gates or Forestry electron tubes, which was much much cheaper for those with BuildCraft infrastructure, but that's been disabled in more recent versions. Current GregTech has the assembling machine, which exchanges a lot of the copper and redstone cost for Electrum -- if you don't have much use for gold in other places, this often makes more sense.

For mixed metal ingots, most of the really high-yield recipes take materials that are better used elsewhere, but the Steel-Brass-Aluminum variant gives three output for fairly low costs once you have your industrial furnace up.

Reactions: reddvilzz

HackerTyper

Jul 29, 2019
(Applied Energistics) I want to craft Basic Processor Assembly automatically, but when i try to do so and craft it from the ME Access Terminal, it does not work. The thing shows up in my crafting monitor, and does not miss anything. Isn't it created instantly or is this a bug? I suppose it has something to do with the quartz cutting knife. I have got seven CPU's in my crafting machine.

WaterTipper

Jul 29, 2019
Advanced Alloy: Mixed Metal Ingot in Compressor
- Mixed Metal Ingot: Refined Iron Plate + Bronze Plate + Tin Plate in Shaped Crafting
- Refined Iron Plate can be replaced with: Nickel Plate (±0), Invar/Steel Plate (+1), Titanium/Tungsten Plate (+2), Tungstensteel Plate (+3)​
- Bronze Plate can be replaced with: Brass Plate (±0)​
- Tin Plate can be replaced with: Zinc Plate (±0), Aluminum Plate (+1; ±0 when w/ Refined Iron)​

Electronic Circuit: Basic Circuit Board + Copper Cable in Assembling Machine
- Basic Circuit Board: Refined Iron Plate + Electrum Plate in Assembling Machine
- Refined Iron: Iron ore and Calcium Carbonate Cell in Industrial Blast Furnace
- Calcium Carbonate Cell: Calcium Cell and Carbon Cell in Chemical Reactor
- Calcium Cell: Bone Meal in Industrial Electrolyzer
- Carbon Cell: Sugar Cane in Industrial Electrolyzer
- Electrum: Lava in Industrial Centrifuge
- Copper Cable: Rubber + Uninsulated Copper Cable in Shapeless Crafting
- Rubber: Sticky Resin in Industrial Centrifuge
- Uninsulated Copper Cable: Copper in Automatic Wiremill

Advanced Circuit: Electronic Circuit + Redstone Dust + Lapis Lazuli/Lazurite Dust in Shaped Crafting
- Electronic Circuit: See above
- Redstone Dust: Redstone Ore in Macerator
- Lapis Lazuil/Lazurite Dust: Lapis Lazuli Ore in Industrial Grinder

Now my question:
What power source do you need for Factorization machines like Grinders? EU, MJ, or BT?

Reactions: reddvilzz

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
What is a Maloberry from Natura? Is that an alternative spelling of Mulberry? Texture files call it a Geoberry.

So, what is this strange berry?

Channing

Jul 29, 2019
I'm certain there's a way to do this, but I'm completely missing it. I'm attempting to use a router connected to an ender chest, connected to a processing plant, which is connected to quarries. I imagine you get the picture. I've connected the router with a speed, machine, and bandwidth upgrade, and it's filling all of the sixty five barrels I have. However, it's putting between 1 and 64 of each item into individual barrels, so I've got eight or nine with xychorium in them, several with iron and coal, and an overflow of items that have no room to go into barrels. Is there anyway to filter or sort the items to only go to the barrels that they belong in, instead of filling up a new barrel (seemingly at random)?

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
I'm certain there's a way to do this, but I'm completely missing it. I'm attempting to use a router connected to an ender chest, connected to a processing plant, which is connected to quarries. I imagine you get the picture. I've connected the router with a speed, machine, and bandwidth upgrade, and it's filling all of the sixty five barrels I have. However, it's putting between 1 and 64 of each item into individual barrels, so I've got eight or nine with xychorium in them, several with iron and coal, and an overflow of items that have no room to go into barrels. Is there anyway to filter or sort the items to only go to the barrels that they belong in, instead of filling up a new barrel (seemingly at random)?

either manually put one of each item in each barrel, or i think if you get a throughness upgrade it'll try filling a barrel completely before trying to fill another

Sam6555

Jul 29, 2019
If I use an interface on a machine to provide request crafting, could it still be used for standard processing. By this I mean placing ore in the boxes above and have it auto rout there. I'm not 100% sure on what those 2 lots of 8 boxes do in the interface. Hoping one set act just like an export bus.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Now it seems to only put one of each item into a barrel :-\
Routers cycle through available inventories and only checks for space available in its currently selected inventory, not all possible inventories. For example: the first item to hit your router is a piece of cobble and it gets put into the first barrel. The second item you get is a piece of xychorium, and that gets sent to the 2nd barrel. However, your 3rd item is another piece of cobble. The router will NOT backtrack and put the cobble in barrel #1, instead it will be put in barrel #3.

The only real way to get it to work with barrels is to prime the barrels with one of the items you want stored there.