Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
If I use an interface on a machine to provide request crafting, could it still be used for standard processing. By this I mean placing ore in the boxes above and have it auto rout there. I'm not 100% sure on what those 2 lots of 8 boxes do in the interface. Hoping one set act just like an export bus.
I believe the left set of boxes are use for configuring what the interface provides for use by other machines. I've always used export busses for auto-processing, but now that I think about it, this might be something to try.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to remove buttons created using Direwolf20's Button API

I want it so that when i press a button it disappears but i have tried using m.clear() and changing the background colour but it doesn't work:
The code I'm using is here and when (in that code) i go from page 2 to page 3 or page 2 to page 1 the buttons i want removed are still there

Jacob Larson

Nov 15, 2012
What is the best way for wireless redstone signals in the 1.5.2 pack with GregTech? The way I'm thinking it might have to be is a turtle checking for a signal, and then sending a rednet message of some sort to another turtle when it does receive a redstone signal. I don't know phow to program in the rednet yet, but I'll learn it if there's no other way.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
What is the best way for wireless redstone signals in the 1.5.2 pack with GregTech? The way I'm thinking it might have to be is a turtle checking for a signal, and then sending a rednet message of some sort to another turtle when it does receive a redstone signal. I don't know phow to program in the rednet yet, but I'll learn it if there's no other way.
GregTech has wireless redstone capabilities in the 1.5.2 versions! Go check it out for yourself here ^-^

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to remove buttons created using Direwolf20's Button API

I want it so that when i press a button it disappears but i have tried using m.clear() and changing the background colour but it doesn't work:
The code I'm using is here and when (in that code) i go from page 2 to page 3 or page 2 to page 1 the buttons i want removed are still there

I'm not the best programmer with lua, but I can help a little. The way you have it set up, you're not clearing the table so it reloads the bottons. Try table.remove to clear it up.

Use Chicken Bones's wireless recievers and transmittors. Otherwise you're stuck with turtles.[DOUBLEPOST=1371958533][/DOUBLEPOST]Is there any way to purify templates? I get average or lower quality templates and they don't seem to work in purifiers. Using Ultimate 1.0.1.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I can teach, Ask me any questions about rednet. I''l help

I'm not the best programmer with lua, but I can help a little. The way you have it set up, you're not clearing the table so it reloads the bottons. Try table.remove to clear it up.
I have added a function into that button API that will use table.remove(button[name]) with the name as an argument. however using it still doesn't work :(

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Between advanced nano suit armor and quantum chesplate which one is better?

I know quantum makes us a somewhat invincible but we can't fly with the quantum am i wrong?
But quantum also takes a lot of juices when the function is used. Not as much as advanced nano chestplate does. Am i right? Please correct my statements and give me some detailed suggestion about this two types of armor.

And anyone know what is the function of advanced nano helmet? Is it worth to make?

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Between advanced nano suit armor and quantum chesplate which one is better?

I know quantum makes us a somewhat invincible but we can't fly with the quantum am i wrong?
But quantum also takes a lot of juices when the function is used. Not as much as advanced nano chestplate does. Am i right? Please correct my statements and give me some detailed suggestion about this two types of armor.

And anyone know what is the function of advanced nano helmet? Is it worth to make?

Well if you have the materials i would recommend making the GraviChestPlate, it uses the Quantum Chestplate to craft. but in regards to comparing advanced nano to quantum, advanced nano does have flight but but in every other regard the quantum armor is better. if you are worried about charging it, make a ChargePad. they are pretty convenient to charge up your armour

Reactions: reddvilzz

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Well if you have the materials i would recommend making the GraviChestPlate, it uses the Quantum Chestplate to craft. but in regards advanced nano to quantum, advanced nano does have flight but but in every other regard the quantum armor is better. if you are worried about charging it, make a ChargePad. they are pretty convenient to charge up your armour

So gravichestplate is it much more better than quantum? Because i read in the wiki it said that the functions stay the same but gravichestplate have low storage than quantum?

And how about advanced solar helmet? Which one is worth to make between advanced solar helmet and quantum helmet? Because quantum can't recharge stuffs but solar helmet does. And does the advanced solar helmet gives protection just as much as nano helmet does?[DOUBLEPOST=1371962696][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well if you have the materials i would recommend making the GraviChestPlate, it uses the Quantum Chestplate to craft. but in regards advanced nano to quantum, advanced nano does have flight but but in every other regard the quantum armor is better. if you are worried about charging it, make a ChargePad. they are pretty convenient to charge up your armour

So gravichestplate is it much more better than quantum? Because i read in the wiki it said that the functions stay the same but gravichestplate have low storage than quantum?

And how about advanced solar helmet? Which one is worth to make between advanced solar helmet and quantum helmet? Because quantum can't recharge stuffs but solar helmet does. And does the advanced solar helmet gives protection just as much as nano helmet does?

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019

And how about advanced solar helmet? Which one is worth to make between advanced solar helmet and quantum helmet? Because quantum can't recharge stuffs but solar helmet does. And does the advanced solar helmet gives protection just as much as nano helmet does?

yes the gravichestplate is just the quantum with more features, same with the ultimate solar helmet. and the ultimate solar helmet has a solar panel in it so it is always recharging your armour

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019

And how about advanced solar helmet? Which one is worth to make between advanced solar helmet and quantum helmet? Because quantum can't recharge stuffs but solar helmet does. And does the advanced solar helmet gives protection just as much as nano helmet does?[DOUBLEPOST=1371962696][/DOUBLEPOST]

You cannot craft Quantum armor out of advanced nano armor. Keep that in mind.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I've got quite a predicament, So I have just finished a map i was making and I sent the map folder i found in my saves to my friend and when he went into the world there was nothing there.

The map was made in creative on superflat and I am wondering if that is the problem.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
My bad. Yes, it is an Eternal Storm age.

Perhaps I should test and report back tomorrow. Still need several hundred more iridium before I can begin my Fusion Reactor project :(

Well, here are my results overnight ...

The GT Lightning Rod / MatterFab combo, in an Eternal Storm age, produced 73% of the max throughput of 8,092 EU/t

TWO Lightning Rods in the same chunk DOUBLED the output (so it definitely checks each block, not per chunk)

So my two lightning rods combined provided around 12,048 EU/T and several hundred UUM towards my quest for iridium.

Also, there may be a GT bug in the 8.2.3 version of Mindcrack. The Lightning rod would accept 25M per strike, but if there was still energy in its buffer being discharged (say 17M), an additional strike would max out at 25 -- not the expected 42 in the example. It appears to have 100M storage.

Nevermind. 12,048 EU/t will do me fine. Now Im off to build a couple of EDSU thingys :)

h5lCVj0.png

PS Yes, I added Mystcraft, for access to a mining age for any new worldgen ... and those hideous looking xy ores

Reactions: ApSciLiara

shaunsixty

Jul 29, 2019
i am trying to make a computer craft program to print ' library cards' for a library i am making, and i was wondering if some one could help me as to how to use tArgs to change a row of text on the card e.g.. player name
here is my code so far: http://pastebin.com/HFdep2g3
  1. p=peripheral.wrap("left")
  2. t=peripheral.wrap("top")
  3. local iss = os.day()
  4. local exp = os.day()+364.25
  5. local tArgs = {...}
  6. local ink = p.getInkLevel()
  7. if ink > 0 then
  8. p.newPage()
  9. p.setPageTitle("Library Membership Card")
  10. p.setCursorPos(1,1)
  11. p.write(#tArgs) -- this is where i'm trying to insert the name
  12. p.setCursorPos(1,2)
  13. p.write("issue date:")
  14. p.setCursorPos(1,3)
  15. p.write(iss)
  16. p.setCursorPos(1,4)
  17. p.write("expiry date:")
  18. p.setCursorPos(1,5)
  19. p.write(exp)
  20. p.endPage()
  21. t.say("Skemp99's library service has a new member!")
  22. else
  23. print("no ink")
  24. end

Darkness4910

Jul 29, 2019
I need some help with my squeezer to produce and eject lava. I want to keep at least 1 cobble and 2 phosphor in it at all times, but I can not figure out a way to do so. I am using an igneous extruder to produce cobble, so I need a way to stop it from producing cobble when it's not needed (overflow). Also, there might only be one phosphor arriving, or none at all for quiet some time.

I basically gave up on trying to make it work using BC pipes, my only alternative is RedPower, which I have no experience with. Can anyone help me to figure that out? I played around with some filters, transposers and other stuff in creative mode, watched some videos about the topic, but I can't seem to get anything RP related to work x.x

tindin

Jul 29, 2019
I need some help with my squeezer to produce and eject lava. I want to keep at least 1 cobble and 2 phosphor in it at all times, but I can not figure out a way to do so. I am using an igneous extruder to produce cobble, so I need a way to stop it from producing cobble when it's not needed (overflow). Also, there might only be one phosphor arriving, or none at all for quiet some time.

I basically gave up on trying to make it work using BC pipes, my only alternative is RedPower, which I have no experience with. Can anyone help me to figure that out? I played around with some filters, transposers and other stuff in creative mode, watched some videos about the topic, but I can't seem to get anything RP related to work x.x
how are you having it feed to it right now? adding a chest with a gate to send a redtone signal out when its full to the igneous extruder whould make it so no cobble got made if the chest was full