Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
In the DW20 pack, I'm unable to craft either the beeanlyser or treealyser in a carpenter. Have the ingredients as per NEI, power and water, no go. Anything else crafts just fine. Is there a bug? Currently being forced to trash the materials, and cheat in the item.

Also, on a server, what would cause low mob spawn out in the wild. It's very rare that I can encounter any enemy mobs at night. They do spawn, so server is not on peaceful setting. Last 3 days of server gameplay, seen no mobs while exploring dark caves or building stuff at night.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
That error says your client couldn't communicate with the Mojang authentication server to log your account in. It has nothing to do with your java. Check help.mojang.com if authentication services are down.

Leo Sainio

Jul 29, 2019
That error says your client couldn't communicate with the Mojang authentication server to log your account in. It has nothing to do with your java. Check help.mojang.com if authentication services are down.

Yea, but i had this same problem with tekkit once and i fixed it by downgrading to java 6. I kinda don`t want to downgrade my java because the latest update fixed many security holes.

And normal minecraft works btw

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having this problem, where my cows and chickens keep escaping from their pens. I'm pretty sure it's just lag or something but it's starting to annoy me. Is there any way to prevent this, like a fence or something added in my a mod that's better?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I'm having this problem, where my cows and chickens keep escaping from their pens. I'm pretty sure it's just lag or something but it's starting to annoy me. Is there any way to prevent this, like a fence or something added in my a mod that's better?

I get that too. I replaced my wooden fence with a solid block enclosure (XY Glass viewer walls), they still get out. Vanilla Minecraft problem I believe. I think the best bet is a pit enclosure, or something with a multiple block thickness wall.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
I get that too. I replaced my wooden fence with a solid block enclosure (XY Glass viewer walls), they still get out. Vanilla Minecraft problem I believe. I think the best bet is a pit enclosure, or something with a multiple block thickness wall.
Agreed. I'd love if I could place all of the enclosures underground with a glass on top that acted like those platform in Terraria that let you jump through the bottom, and through the top if you press down?. That would make it easier to get in there and breed the critters.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know of an easy way to access barrels on a wall? I've got... well think of a rectangular prism extending into the ground to y = 10. The walls are lined with barrels filled with stuff that I need, so what's the best way to reach it all?

Also, is there a good way to get rid of "junk" bees?

QKninja

Jul 29, 2019
Gravichest plate is probably your best option, barring that an electric jetpack on hover mode will require some control, but should work. As for bees, use the gene pool to transform them into liquid DNA

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
You'll probably want a Still (Forestry) or Distillation Tower (GregTech) to turn the biomass into biofuel/ethanol first -- this drastically improves both storage efficiency and burn rates.

Once you've done that, it depends on how large of a tank. Steam boilers are the most efficient /after a long warmup period/, but unless you have tens of millions of heat units, they won't hit that theoretical efficiency. If you don't want to burn 300+ buckets of biofuel at once, a set of combustion engines are the better option, as well as cheaper to build. ((Electric Engines are terribly inefficient, aiming instead for burst power.))

Likewise, storage is going to depend on how much energy. Each bucket of biofuel is worth about 200,000 MJ. For three buckets, you might as well just use a Redstone Energy Cell. You probably want more storage than that, however, which brings you into the EU-verse. Using cobblestone generators and magma crucibles into a thermal generator (or pump and geothermal generator) will get you about a 1 MJ -> 1.5 EU conversion ratio. That brings each bucket of biofuel to 300,000 EU. MFSUs can store 10,000,000 EU, or 33 buckets worth of biofuel, per unit.
Let me say, that that was probably the most of any in-depth game science wall O' text I've read so far, and I still understood any of it, haha. I left that page, with the impression, "Don't even bother this shit is way to complicate for you!". Sorry fpr replying so late, too. I just now felt a need to get this new power thing set up before my tank fills up.

Anyways, I turn the biomass into biofuel *first* than put that into another iron storage tank, stockpile, and then run the biofuel into the boiler to get steam, then run the steam in a steam engine connected to a MFSU or similar to store the energy? Am I understanding any of this correctly?[DOUBLEPOST=1371421810][/DOUBLEPOST]
Gravichest plate is probably your best option, barring that an electric jetpack on hover mode will require some control, but should work. As for bees, use the gene pool to transform them into liquid DNA
Can I use the Advanced NanoChestplate in the construction? Thanks

Leo Sainio

Jul 29, 2019
Let me say, that that was probably the most of any in-depth game science wall O' text I've read so far, and I still understood any of it, haha. I left that page, with the impression, "Don't even bother this shit is way to complicate for you!". Sorry fpr replying so late, too. I just now felt a need to get this new power thing set up before my tank fills up.

Anyways, I turn the biomass into biofuel *first* than put that into another iron storage tank, stockpile, and then run the biofuel into the boiler to get steam, then run the steam in a steam engine connected to a MFSU or similar to store the energy? Am I understanding any of this correctly?[DOUBLEPOST=1371421810][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can I use the Advanced NanoChestplate in the construction? Thanks

No you can`t, you`ll have to craft another nanochestplate

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Random mod question. Has there ever been a NEI fix for its bugs with twilight forest? If tooltips are on it deletes fireflies and roots and torchberries if you hover over them and turns the greatwood tree leaves into silverwood. THis doesnt happen if tooltips are turned off though.

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
Anyways, I turn the biomass into biofuel *first* than put that into another iron storage tank, stockpile, and then run the biofuel into the boiler to get steam, then run the steam in a steam engine connected to a MFSU or similar to store the energy? Am I understanding any of this correctly?
Industrial Steam Engines output MJ, so you need one additional step before the MFSUs. The most efficient is to use an igneous extruder and several magma cruicibles, then push the resulting lava into a thermal generator.

Note that the boiler is only for you're burning a very large amount of biomass or biofuel at a time, with the caveat that you will need (very) many MFSU -- one for every 33 buckets of biofuel. Since it only makes sense to use a steam boiler if you're running tens of hundreds of buckets of fuel, this may be excessive for most folk without massive baseline power use. Several combustion engines will be more efficient if you're running only a hundred buckets of biofuel, and are cheaper, too.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Do i need to craft industrial centrifuge if I already have my industrial electrolyzer?

I wanted to make my iridium nugget. The machine that i needed in order is
1. industrial grinder to grind ferrous ore
2. induction smelter to increase shiny ingot / platinum dust yield
3. pulverizer / macerator to return shiny ingot back to platinum dust

And then what is the rest steps? I'm still confused from platinum dust, do i have to centrifuge it? Or industrial electrolyzer will also work?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 4 Beta

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Question for people with a sense of taste and design.

http://i.imgur.com/nn9h593.jpg

Thats how my base looks right now. Outside along the cobblestone pathway I plan on having those darkblue trees from the nether. To the left where you can see a cave Ill probably make like some sorta glass aboratorum.(My speeling sucks)

But anyone have any idea on anything else I could do to fix my house/landscape up? When looking at the house, the large empty expanse in the middle looks weird but I dont know what to put there.

I also wanted to know what would be the fastest way to level the ground around my home? Its too high and I want it all even leveled.Just made my second medium solar panel for 1 mfsu, and have my lava tank/thermals for my second. So now that I have power for my home, atleast a little, I figured Id actually finish building the darn thing. Had the back of it unbuilt for weeks now. >>;

[And the stone building on the bottom left was my tiny first base. >> Like 8 machines cramped into a tiny space with a coke oven and smeltery stuffs.]

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Do i need to craft industrial centrifuge if I already have my industrial electrolyzer?

I wanted to make my iridium nugget. The machine that i needed in order is
1. industrial grinder to grind ferrous ore
2. induction smelter to increase shiny ingot / platinum dust yield
3. pulverizer / macerator to return shiny ingot back to platinum dust

And then what is the rest steps? I'm still confused from platinum dust, do i have to centrifuge it? Or industrial electrolyzer will also work?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Centrifuges and electrolyzers do different things, so if the recipe is in the centrifuge, you need to use that.

All in all, the centrifuge is seperating out different compounds from one thing, while the electrolyzer seperates out different elements.
In this case you need the centrifuge to centrifuge out iridium nuggets.

However... I'm not sure how you're using the induction smelter to increase the yield. Rich slag only works on ores, it doesn't allow for duplication of dusts and ingots, because otherwise we'd have an infinite duplication problem straight up.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to find a straight answer about this, only discussions on the mods: Will Tinkers Construct and/or Ars Magica be added to any of the FTB modpacks (specifically Ultimate)?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
This is kind of hard to explain, but I'll try. first, I have 4 walls of barrels arranged in a square, and every wall has it's own set of items. The first wall is things you pull out of the ground, and is currently only using 39 barrels, so only SM. But the next 2 wall have to have 2 SM to them because they have 40+ items on the wall. The item goes into the first SM via the ender chest, then if it's in that chest, it goes to the router. If it's not in that chest, it goes down white. Then it gets checked by that one, and if it's blue, it goes on to the router, if it's white - because this wall now has two SM - it goes on to the next sm to see if it's any of the items in there. If it is, it goes down blue, if it's not, it goes down white.

I chose white because on the GUI it said that there was a setting to make items that didn't have a spot go down another pipe. I just set it to white because I assumed it needed a color. But if I don't even need that setting, good. Less complicated. ;p

But to answer your question, I'm not really sure why the items are getting stuck. Unless the item doesn't exist in the system yet. But once it's jammed, NOTHING gets sorted, and the only way to fix it is to break the SM in question and fill it back up again which is a bigger pain in the arse than you'd think it would be.[DOUBLEPOST=1371401299][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nah, but that's a great idea and a cruel joke at the same time. :p

Just to reiterate, I've already said an easier solution to unjamming your sorting machine than breaking it and refilling it, Basically put a chest one pipe after the output, and everything inside will go there. Might also give you a chance to see what types of items are jamming, so you can check whether they're sorted or not by that machine.

I still recommend removing the white pipe in your set-up and leaving it blank, that way even if the items going down the blue route get stuck, they can come back and make their way through all the default routes of your sorting machines and end up at your overflow chest rather than jamming.