Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Centrifuges and electrolyzers do different things, so if the recipe is in the centrifuge, you need to use that.

All in all, the centrifuge is seperating out different compounds from one thing, while the electrolyzer seperates out different elements.
In this case you need the centrifuge to centrifuge out iridium nuggets.

However... I'm not sure how you're using the induction smelter to increase the yield. Rich slag only works on ores, it doesn't allow for duplication of dusts and ingots, because otherwise we'd have an infinite duplication problem straight up.

Well someone on my server said i can use rich slag from 2 dust of platinum in induction smelter to make 3 shiny ingots and pulverize shiny ingot to make 3 platinum dust. Then use the rich slag again to make 2 dust of platinum to 3 shiny ingots again. And so on. Is this true?

So i have to make centrifuge then?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Oatmonster

Jul 29, 2019
Industrial Steam Engines output MJ, so you need one additional step before the MFSUs. The most efficient is to use an igneous extruder and several magma cruicibles, then push the resulting lava into a thermal generator.

I assume what he means by a steam engine is a steam turbine; however, the engine to magma crucible method yields more EU.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I am struggling with MFR RedNet lately. I've googled the hell out of things watched a bunch of really nice videos. I'm not having issues with the basics like building a clock or using the latch functions. But still some of the circuit options are confusing to me. I have a fairly decent understanding for stuff like coding and passing variables. My issue is that the circuits are not documented as to what each one does and what all the inputs (left) and outputs (right) do exactly. Anyone have a simple list of the functions with the input and outputs explained?

Ok bro since no one else got any answer for you. You should learn to used Google you loser because it is clearly on this Wiki over here LOL L2Sreach

Reactions: Smiletactician

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to find a straight answer about this, only discussions on the mods: Will Tinkers Construct and/or Ars Magica be added to any of the FTB modpacks (specifically Ultimate)?

tinkers construct is in the 152 beta so im assuming that it will be in packs, and slow has said no to Ars Magicka for balance reasons i think

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Well someone on my server said i can use rich slag from 2 dust of platinum in induction smelter to make 3 shiny ingots and pulverize shiny ingot to make 3 platinum dust. Then use the rich slag again to make 2 dust of platinum to 3 shiny ingots again. And so on. Is this true?

So i have to make centrifuge then?

That is really strange in my opinion, but if it works, well I guess it works. But in any case about how the duplication works, yes you need a centrifuge because that's what turns the shiny dust/platinum dust into iridium nuggets, no point having a stockpile of platinum when you can't convert it into iridium which is what you're after.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
That is really strange in my opinion, but if it works, well I guess it works. But in any case about how the duplication works, yes you need a centrifuge because that's what turns the shiny dust/platinum dust into iridium nuggets, no point having a stockpile of platinum when you can't convert it into iridium which is what you're after.

Okay thank you :). And 1 more question. Is there any good thaumcraft and bees guide? I wanted to learn about wisp, lux, etc and bees breeding such as combination and all about bees

Oatmonster

Jul 29, 2019
reddvilzz said:

What version are you playing? That exploit was patched out a while ago.

For bee guides, I would recommend watching Generikb's BEEcademy or Florastar's bee university. The latter is a little dated but still a good resource. Also check out the multiple FTB wikis. The official one is more complete on individual bee species and products but ftbwiki.org has them ordered by species branch.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Ultimate 1.1.2? Is it still possible? Okay.. How about the thaumcraft guide? Do i check the wiki only?

Onikrex

Jul 29, 2019
I just made an Advanced Nano chestplate, and I cannot figure out how to turn the jetpack on.
I put my mode switch on "-" and when I jump and press it, it turns on or off hover. Which doesn't seem to do ANYTHING. and I can't figure out how to turn the jetpack portion of it on so I can actually fly. Yes, it is fully charged. Any help would be awesome, thanks.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
I don't thing the mode switch is the button you are searching. For me there is something default on F and that what makes me toggle the jetpack. So maybe take a look what F button does

If I'm not wrong it is fly mode. But just try and find what is your fly mode key is

Onikrex

Jul 29, 2019
Building off my last questions, I've been using the Power Suit armor up until now, and I wanted to try out Nano armor, and so far, it doesn't seem to impressive. I lost 1.5 armor when I swapped to the Nano chestplate. The Nano also seems to be kind of annoying, if you're exploring, couldn't you run out of energy and be stranded? The Power suit will never run out of energy if you've got the kinetic movement and solar panel built into it. So, why do people use Nano?

Also, is there anyway to make the nano transparent? I dislike how it looks, it kind of ruins the image for my character :U

I hope my 2 questions in 1 post wasn't too complicated for this "simple question" thread D:

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Building off my last questions, I've been using the Power Suit armor up until now, and I wanted to try out Nano armor, and so far, it doesn't seem to impressive. I lost 1.5 armor when I swapped to the Nano chestplate. The Nano also seems to be kind of annoying, if you're exploring, couldn't you run out of energy and be stranded? The Power suit will never run out of energy if you've got the kinetic movement and solar panel built into it. So, why do people use Nano?

Also, is there anyway to make the nano transparent? I dislike how it looks, it kind of ruins the image for my character :U

I hope my 2 questions in 1 post wasn't too complicated for this "simple question" thread D:

last i had heard in 1.5 you cant power a suit off itself using the generators, but i havent really played with the suits so im probably wrong

Onikrex

Jul 29, 2019
I've been using the suit for awhile and it powers itself wonderfully. I've never had to not do something because of running out of power. If I go around and just practice my aim with the railgun on full blast in the Nether, I may lose a few thousand Js, but, other than that, it stays right around 10mil. Even when I go underground and mine, cutting off the solar panel, it doesn't drop much.

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
I also wanted to know what would be the fastest way to level the ground around my home? Its too high and I want it all even leveled.
I'm not the best person to give design advice most likely, but regarding this part of your question I would suggest just using a filler. Use landmarks to mark out the area, set the filler to 'flatten' mode (I believe it's three bricks across the bottom and three glass on top of that). Then feed it some MJ and you're golden!

(Note that in the latest version(s?) you will lose whatever blocks it clears.)

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019

Because Modular Powersuits is a very new mod, whereas Nano is part of IndustrialCraft and has been around forever. No, there's no way to change the appearance of the Nano armour, the Powersuit is just flat better in every conceivable way.

And yes, pretty certain you can charge it in a generator.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Ultimate 1.1.2? Is it still possible? Okay.. How about the thaumcraft guide? Do i check the wiki only?

Thaumcraft guide, the thaumanomicon in game is a fantastic resource, and then from there, asking here and the wiki's is your next source of information
Bees, there's no real in-game guide available. Except for thaumic bees, which is in the thaumanomicon.
As it is designed currently, bees are kinda a gamble of mutations to progress. But there seems to be a change to this that I've seen hinted at in another place on this forum.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft guide, the thaumanomicon in game is a fantastic resource, and then from there, asking here and the wiki's is your next source of information
Bees, there's no real in-game guide available. Except for thaumic bees, which is in the thaumanomicon.
As it is designed currently, bees are kinda a gamble of mutations to progress. But there seems to be a change to this that I've seen hinted at in another place on this forum.

Okay what about the iridum from platinum dust is it still possible on 1.1.2?

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not the best person to give design advice most likely, but regarding this part of your question I would suggest just using a filler. Use landmarks to mark out the area, set the filler to 'flatten' mode (I believe it's three bricks across the bottom and three glass on top of that). Then feed it some MJ and you're golden!

(Note that in the latest version(s?) you will lose whatever blocks it clears.)

Anyway to do this and not lose all the blocks? I mean, I can live without them. But if i missed some quartz Id be upset.