Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
what's the best way to turn steam from steam boilers into EU?
edit: or rather, is there another way than the steam turbine?

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
what's the best way to turn steam from steam boilers into EU?
edit: or rather, is there another way than the steam turbine?

You can use power-converters. Steam-consumer > energy bridge > LV/MV/HV producer. Kinda cheaty, but whatever floats your boat.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if it's been fixed, but wrath lamps have other issues as well, like messing with multiblock formation and tree growth, due to the invisible "light blocks" they use to illuminate such a large area.

Yes and no, You see the poblem is that the light are marked properly as isAir, most multiblocks, and even vanilla (where the flag comes from) don't check for isAir but simply check for actual Air. Annoying.

What NeptunePink did to alevate this problem is that now the lamps don't place light blocks two blocks from any solid block.

Meaning that most multiblocks will form and plants will grow.

However, the quarry will still try to mine them like an idiot. I mean, probably, don't know if it was fixed on the BC side, I don't use quarries.

JonasAjax

Jul 29, 2019
I cannot get my LapPack to work. Nor my Mining Laser or my Advanced Diamond Drill will get recharged. Do I need to click some button or something to get it to work. I could not find anything like that on the wiki.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I cannot get my LapPack to work. Nor my Mining Laser or my Advanced Diamond Drill will get recharged. Do I need to click some button or something to get it to work. I could not find anything like that on the wiki.
How are you trying to charge 'em.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
As far as i know you just wear lappack as an armor chestplate and it will recharge all rechargable equipment. Or you can go to advanced nano chestplate which is nano chestplate + lappack + jetpack functions all combined to one. And it also provide armor point

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
It won't charge everything. Upgraded tools tend to require upgraded battery packs, just as lower powered bat-boxes won't deal with the more advanced tools.

If the tools are compatible, then it's simply the case that using the tool will draw power from the battery pack directly. If the tool isn't fully charged, then each time you use that tool while wearing the pack, it'll also partially charge itself up a bit as well.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
You could try using the water to push the skeletons into a 1x3 hole, then use pistons (on a timer) to push them into your 1x1 hole.

Can you post a screenshot of the GUI of one of the sorting machines?
Note that they will only jam when they have nowhere to send items- so make sure that you specify a default color, and that there's no tubes painted other colors between the sorter and wherever the unsorted items go- i.e. the next sorter or an unsorted junk chest.

Here is a picture of the whole set up;

The SM next to the ender chest is the first SM that every item put into the system passes through. Here is the GUI of that SM;

This SM just deals with minerals and stuff like that, but every SM outputs into either a blue or white tube. Blue is to a router, and white is to another SM. I dump everything into that ender chest, so eventually the idea is that an item that has no place to go will get put into an over-flow chest at the end of line. This hasn't been installed yet, so there isn't anywhere for un-declared items to go.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
I moved my cows to get them away from these seemingly random lighting strikes that would kill off my whole herd, and just now it happened again. It only goes after the cows, and every time it's day time and it's not raining or anything. What is going on? There is no flux in the area.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
I moved my cows to get them away from these seemingly random lighting strikes that would kill off my whole herd, and just now it happened again. It only goes after the cows, and every time it's day time and it's not raining or anything. What is going on? There is no flux in the area.
Do you play on a server and one of the ops there is playing games with you, by spawning in lightning strikes targeted at the cows? And then stalking your questions here for the lulz? ;)

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I am struggling with MFR RedNet lately. I've googled the hell out of things watched a bunch of really nice videos. I'm not having issues with the basics like building a clock or using the latch functions. But still some of the circuit options are confusing to me. I have a fairly decent understanding for stuff like coding and passing variables. My issue is that the circuits are not documented as to what each one does and what all the inputs (left) and outputs (right) do exactly. Anyone have a simple list of the functions with the input and outputs explained?

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Questions.

http://i.imgur.com/mSLYBre.jpg

Thats my machine room right now. Ive not gotten to where Im going to build 800 of 1 item just to make stuff faster. As of now Im content to try and build 512 solars. Anyway. What machines am I missing? Im going to build a mass fab next. The industrial grinder/furnace/electrolyzer are powered by the thermals. The compressor/extractor/plate bender are powered by a seperate mfsu powered by solars. But I know I have to be missing some essential machines. Just built my electrolyzer so I can get mercury cells to get more out of my grinder.

Also, since Im gonna try pipes. What are good to use to extract from machines? I want to just try some sort of set up to just automatically put items in my ME system. But those ME cables cost a lot(As seen in my picture) so I want to try different pipes if they could do the same with different materials

Edit: Also howcould I feed my machines automatically without hoppers? They hold so little. =(

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Questions.

http://i.imgur.com/mSLYBre.jpg

Thats my machine room right now. Ive not gotten to where Im going to build 800 of 1 item just to make stuff faster. As of now Im content to try and build 512 solars. Anyway. What machines am I missing? Im going to build a mass fab next. The industrial grinder/furnace/electrolyzer are powered by the thermals. The compressor/extractor/plate bender are powered by a seperate mfsu powered by solars. But I know I have to be missing some essential machines. Just built my electrolyzer so I can get mercury cells to get more out of my grinder.

Also, since Im gonna try pipes. What are good to use to extract from machines? I want to just try some sort of set up to just automatically put items in my ME system. But those ME cables cost a lot(As seen in my picture) so I want to try different pipes if they could do the same with different materials

Edit: Also howcould I feed my machines automatically without hoppers? They hold so little. =(

For the machines that you are missing, obviously at the moment none. You could go and build every machine that's in the game, but if you have no use for it you're better not building it. Basically most machines are required to make thing B from thing A. there's a few that increase the efficiency of recipes though, such as the assembly machine and the wiremill. Those both make circuits less resource intensive to make, so perhaps look into some like that, otherwise just let your machine room grow as you go.

Feeding your machines without hoppers can be done with pipes or with AE. Most machines are side sensitive, basically pipe things into them from the top and pull things out from the sides and you're sweet for most machines. You can use the export bus, ME interface, or just regular buildcraft pipes excepting wooden, sandstone or obsidian to input into a machine. To output from a machine you can use the Inport bus, or a wooden pipe powered by MJ somehow, the more you feed it the faster it pulls items out.[DOUBLEPOST=1371359086][/DOUBLEPOST]
[Snip]
This SM just deals with minerals and stuff like that, but every SM outputs into either a blue or white tube. Blue is to a router, and white is to another SM. I dump everything into that ender chest, so eventually the idea is that an item that has no place to go will get put into an over-flow chest at the end of line. This hasn't been installed yet, so there isn't anywhere for un-declared items to go.

Perhaps since your default route is the white, it wouldn't hurt to have the white tube replaced with a blank one. However, are the items that are getting stuck in this one getting stuck because they aren't accounted for in the next one, or the next one doesn't have a default route, so they bounce back?

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't know there were two... GT distillation, TC, distillation, and refinery... what's best?

I don't think the TrainCraft distillation tower turns oil into fuel, it turns crude oil, sugar canes and oil sands into diesel. The GT Distillation Tower turns biomass into biofuel/diesel, but it requires 128EU/t, and the Refinery requires 10,000MJ/mB of oil (or 30,000EU in an Electrical engine). So, you only have one option for oil>fuel refining, the BC Refinery.

Edit: Oil:Fuel 1:1 and Biomass:Biofuel 4:1 with refinery,

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm. One last question. Im using lxp and built a mini blaze glass tank for them. Its pretty slow. Just water in 4 corners to kill them. Got my catalyzer working(Using normal blaze spawner, no soul shards) and it all works well, but Im unsure how I could automatically pick up dropped items. I have 2 ender chests just waiting for them but Ive never actually tried using any sort of pipe or what not to automatically pick up an item and deposit it into a chest. I have all the exp and items dropping down a glass chute and .. yeah. Sticks just wiggle there. Need 'em in the chest, not the floor.