Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
If you can, you'd be better off gene machining the steadfast bee up to max fertility too, before starting. Otherwise after the first generation your princess has a 50/50 chance of losing that as its active trait. If you can't, then I'd recommend putting it off for now.

Once you have enough wintry/steadfast hybrids start throwing them in the isolator.

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if there is a bug with world gen in the 1.5.2 beta pack? I've started a new world yesterday, and I've looked for a while, but was unable to find a single MFR rubber tree. I also haven't seen any sewage pools either, which if I'm not mistaken are supposed to generate on the surface similarly to oil.

EDIT:
Nevermind, I found the problem. It seems rubber tree generation is turned off in the configs by default, which is rather odd...

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
(FTB 1.4.7) Other than water consumption, how does the temperature/humidity of a biome affect the operation of Forestry Multifarms?

I've set my base up at the intersection of three biomes, for bee breeding purposes: a Desert, a Snowy Rainforest, and an Ocean. I have two max-size Forestry Multifarms running in the Ocean biome, but I'm considering relocating them to another side of my base to make more room for alvearies on that side. Will I notice a decrease in Seed Oil production from my Orchards, or an increase in Fertilizer consumption? Intuitively, I suspect the Desert would be the worst of the three to put a multifarm in, but are there disadvantages to running them in a cold biome as well?

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Might've missed it in my search, and if this has been addressed before, I apologize, but does Applied Energistics autocrafting interface properly with RedPower blocks like the alloy furnaces?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a pneumatic pipe equivalent to the iron pipe? I have two pipes that connect and I want items to only flow in one direction. If not, is there a way around this?

The way the pneumatic tube system works is it sends all items to the closest available destination. So, the way to do redirect them all down one direction is to use a restriction pipe. Basically items only flow through this one when they have literally no other destination. You can also set up routes with priority using multiple restriction pipes. 0 restriction highest priority, 1 pipe next priority, 2 pipes lower, 3 pipes lower again etc.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
Playing around with some steam boilers + power converters in creative trying to see how they interact
In a set-up that worked well on the mindcrack server we had, now in ultimate, it seems that the boilers are outputting a whole lot less steam than before, else the power convertors has an input/output limit.

So, my question is, do boilers output less steam/t when colder than max temperature?
or does the power convertors energy bridge have an input/output limit for their power, and how do you figure this out for each type of power?

KyoNeko66

Jul 29, 2019
Might've missed it in my search, and if this has been addressed before, I apologize, but does Applied Energistics autocrafting interface properly with RedPower blocks like the alloy furnaces?
Fromt my own experience, it does work with most blocks. Just pull it out with a export bus like normal. If it doesn't work.. Put a relay betwene the machine and the ME interface (or what the block was called i cant remember). Using the relay you can make next to any machine compatible. Like the rolling machine for example can also be made compatible with a relay in betwene.[DOUBLEPOST=1370239586][/DOUBLEPOST]
Question:
Playing around with some steam boilers + power converters in creative trying to see how they interact
In a set-up that worked well on the mindcrack server we had, now in ultimate, it seems that the boilers are outputting a whole lot less steam than before, else the power convertors has an input/output limit.

So, my question is, do boilers output less steam/t when colder than max temperature?
or does the power convertors energy bridge have an input/output limit for their power, and how do you figure this out for each type of power?

As far as i know, steam boilers output the max amount of steam right from 100 degrees onward. As far as i know there isn't a limit to how much powerconverters can handle. The only thing that comes to mind is that your not pulling everything out, or powerconverters got nerved to generate less power per steam. For the first one try to attach more liquiducts to pull out the boiler.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I've found that placing the steam consumer directly on one of the sides of the boiler in question (no pipes or liquiducts, direct block-to-block contact) is usually the best option for optimal conversion. If you've got a big enough boiler, you could place a pattern like...

Code:
WCW
CBC
WCW

W = Tank Wall; C = Consumer; B = Bridge

And get a good deal of power when you plonk down whatever kind of power producer you want.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Fromt my own experience, it does work with most blocks. Just pull it out with a export bus like normal. If it doesn't work.. Put a relay betwene the machine and the ME interface (or what the block was called i cant remember). Using the relay you can make next to any machine compatible. Like the rolling machine for example can also be made compatible with a relay in betwene.[DOUBLEPOST=1370239586][/DOUBLEPOST]

As far as i know, steam boilers output the max amount of steam right from 100 degrees onward. As far as i know there isn't a limit to how much powerconverters can handle. The only thing that comes to mind is that your not pulling everything out, or powerconverters got nerved to generate less power per steam. For the first one try to attach more liquiducts to pull out the boiler.

I think I found the answer, firstly the limit was my output, the machines that I was using to draw power weren't pulling enough.
So when I added more machines drawing power, it upped the limit from 50mb to 1000mb/t and 200 MJ/t, and that's where it finished for one bridge, when I added more and had the input of all four boilers going to one bridge each, they all read 144MJ/t, but pushing them all through the same tesseract frequency caused it to max out at 1000MB/t, this wasn't a tesseract bandwidth limit I don't believe as I added more tesseracts around the steam consumer to no effect.

Adding more tesseracts consuming and receiving affects the bandwidth of energy tesseracts, as the frequency has no limit, just the actual tesseracts, so this doesn't seem to be the case for liquid tesseracts.

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using ME Storage Buses in combination with DSU's to store mass quantities of items, though I'm having a small problem. I chucked Scrap into one, and put my scrap cell into the IO block to put all the scrap in the DSU automatically, as I would have expected it to. Then I made some DSU's for Pearls, Coal, and Bones from my soul shards. However the DSU's only seem to keep one of each item in despite being set up exactly as the scrap one is. How do I fix this?

Looks like nobody has answered this, apologies for duplicating if I missed the reply. If you have any of those items already in your network, then the system will add to existing storage instead of sending to the dsu. Easiest way to resolve that is to use an io unit (can't remember the exact name) to transfer everything out of the network onto a preformatted disk, then transfer it back, it should then go to the dsu. Then just format the disk for the next item, etc.

Edit: read properly this time. The disk with the other items is maybe full, meaning they are also stored elsewhere, so taking out that disk isn't taking out all of the stock from the system.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
You can easily start a server in offline mode via the server.properties file. Also, the FTB client will let you start up in offline mode when it cannot get a connection to the internet.

However, be aware that each player must have logged in online with their account at least once in order to let the launcher download and install the modpack.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I want to play Feed The Beast offline with friends. How would I do that?

Well you can't do that offline unless your all on the same network. IE like a lan party. In that case start up your world. Now you are going to want to get to the menu by hitting ESC right there on the menu should be Open to LAN. That will bring up some options set those if you want and click Start LAN World. BAM your ready Have your friends start their games now. When they go to Mutiplayer they Scanning for LAN worlds will do the ooo oOo OOO thing for a bit and your world should show up. Have fun.

Kwikxilver

Jul 29, 2019
You can easily start a server in offline mode via the server.properties file. Also, the FTB client will let you start up in offline mode when it cannot get a connection to the internet.

However, be aware that each player must have logged in online with their account at least once in order to let the launcher download and install the modpack.

Thanks - I then suppose I need to find some way of changing the names of every player. When I've created Vanilla servers in the past I've needed to use name-changing applications in order to let my friends log in - otherwise our names default to "player" or "offline" and don't let us log in - how can I avoid this?

EDIT: Let me clarify - the previous vanilla servers were offline as well (LAN)

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
The FTB launcher keeps your account name in offline mode. So even if you log into a server without authenticating, you will still show up as "Kwikxilver" ingame (If that is your Minecraft account name). You also keep your XP levels and your inventory and location and everything.

Be aware though that that means anyone else can also log in unauthenticated as "Kwikxilver" and receive your character and inventory. They can steal everything, get you killed and whatnot. Never play offline mode with anyone who isn't in the same room for smacking over the head!

Kwikxilver

Jul 29, 2019
The FTB launcher keeps your account name in offline mode. So even if you log into a server without authenticating, you will still show up as "Kwikxilver" ingame (If that is your Minecraft account name). You also keep your XP levels and your inventory and location and everything.

Be aware though that that means anyone else can also log in unauthenticated as "Kwikxilver" and receive your character and inventory. They can steal everything, get you killed and whatnot. Never play offline mode with anyone who isn't in the same room for smacking over the head!

Thanks for the advice dude! I'm still fairly new to FTB and I had no idea the launcher did that. Cheers.