Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
ok forget what i wrote about the actual problem...this problem is solved already.

Let's build it like this. Someone build a Quarry and is pumping right in the landscape. Or you build a gigantic nuke and you have entities all around killing fps.
i can think of lots of circumstance where you would like to delete all items lying on the ground and i know some mods add commands for doing this. This is what i am looking for.

SpiritofNight

Jul 29, 2019
Quoting neptunepink on MCF:
There's a very secret feature that I don't at all care for. The machine filter button is actually a text box. If you put a ! in front of the machine name, it should visit all machines except for that one. And you can also specify multiple machines using a |.​

Tried this, it does not seem to work. Any advances would be helpful

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
Wa
ok forget what i wrote about the actual problem...this problem is solved already.

Let's build it like this. Someone build a Quarry and is pumping right in the landscape. Or you build a gigantic nuke and you have entities all around killing fps.
i can think of lots of circumstance where you would like to delete all items lying on the ground and i know some mods add commands for doing this. This is what i am looking for.
Wait a few minutes until they despawn? I always thought the /killall command was added with the Single Player Commands mod, I may be wrong though.
You have to have the mouse cursor hovering over the box to type in it.

Dare2Win

Jul 29, 2019
well, if planks in a sawmill are better thank charcoal, then slabs are better than planks, as you get 12 slabs per log, and each slab is that same burning time as a plank

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
well, if planks in a sawmill are better thank charcoal, then slabs are better than planks, as you get 12 slabs per log, and each slab is that same burning time as a plank
Wow I can't believe I've never thought of that or seen it mentioned anywhere. I could be getting twice the power from my wood (and my wood is already quite powerful:p) by simply putting a fabricator in the line.

Edit: Slabs are only worth 370eu and 150heat, where planks are worth 750eu and 500heat. So slabs are better in a generator(740eu per plank), but planks are better in a boiler(500heat per plank vs 300heat per plank when made into slabs). Both are assuming sawmilling logs into 6 planks (Actually since I calculated planks not logs it doesn't really matter). Someone correct me if I'm off here.

Just saw that answer, thanks, exactly what I needed to know. Means I can have a line of generators feeding a line of recyclers, and capture the excess EU in a storage block at the end.

Dare2Win

Jul 29, 2019
Wow I can't believe I've never thought of that or seen it mentioned anywhere. I could be getting twice the power from my wood (and my wood is already quite powerful:p) by simply putting a fabricator in the line.

Edit: Slabs are only worth 370eu and 150heat, where planks are worth 750eu and 500heat. So slabs are better in a generator(740eu per plank), but planks are better in a boiler(500heat per plank vs 300heat per plank when made into slabs). Both are assuming sawmilling logs into 6 planks (Actually since I calculated planks not logs it doesn't really matter). Someone correct me if I'm off here.

Just saw that answer, thanks, exactly what I needed to know. Means I can have a line of generators feeding a line of recyclers, and capture the excess EU in a storage block at the end.

well, seems some are like that, but some the same. Fir slabs are the same as fir planks in heat/eu, but oak has more eu/heat than slabs

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to change the orientation of a barrel? I used a portal gun to move a barrel, but now the front of the barrel is facing the wrong way. I've tried two different wrenches, the crescent hammer, and the screwdriver, and none of them turn the barrel around.

HeWhoGameZ

Jul 29, 2019

I believe what you are looking for is Forge Essentials. Use the /remove (radius) command and it will remove all item entities. Although it is WIP and a bit of a pain. Also comes with a WorldEdit and Permissions system.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to change the orientation of a barrel? I used a portal gun to move a barrel, but now the front of the barrel is facing the wrong way. I've tried two different wrenches, the crescent hammer, and the screwdriver, and none of them turn the barrel around.
Was one of those wrenches the omniwrench? That's the only tool I would expect to work.

AEnd

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a multi-block steam engine? I remember seeing that on server but I did not find anything on it, actually I'm not even sure it was a steam engine..
It was an horizontal structure similar to a steam engine (including the animation) but 3 block long.

Does anybody know what it was ?

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a multi-block steam engine? I remember seeing that on server but I did not find anything on it, actually I'm not even sure it was a steam engine..
It was an horizontal structure similar to a steam engine (including the animation) but 3 block long.

Does anybody know what it was ?
Seems like you're talking about the steam turbine. While the commercial steam engine makes MJs, steam turbines make EU. A 36 block HP boiler makes enough steam to support 3 steam turbines, making 225 EU/tick.

Bear in mind the steam turbines are ridiculously steel hungry. To make 3 steam turbines, you need 480 steel ingots for the housing alone. Then you need 297 steel ingots for the turbine rotors that go in the steam turbine. Plus, the rotors have a limited life (about 3 or so full days). After that, you have to replace the turbine rotors.

http://railcraft.wikispaces.com/Steam+Turbine+(Device)

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
In SSP it varies w/ view distance. In SMP it can be altered by server admins I believe, but it defaults to a 10 chunk radius.
Thanks. I was just wondering how aura nodes in unloaded chunks can be active (sending vis packets to a node near me). Then I thought, hmm, maybe the chunks are loaded, even though they're way outside my view distance (short, I should use tiny with my PC, but it's just to small for me, so I deal with a little lag.). Now I'm still wondering. I'm going to just put a machine every so often in a line from the distant node back to my base, and see which ones unload. I'll find it interesting if the machine next to the node stops working, but the node itself doesn't. I'm guessing either nodes having vis requested from them load the chunk, or there's some coding in Thaumcraft that let's them continue to function in unloaded chunks. Which would explain why my FPS is better with TC disabled. I just love TC too much to keep it off.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. I was just wondering how aura nodes in unloaded chunks can be active (sending vis packets to a node near me). Then I thought, hmm, maybe the chunks are loaded, even though they're way outside my view distance (short, I should use tiny with my PC, but it's just to small for me, so I deal with a little lag.). Now I'm still wondering. I'm going to just put a machine every so often in a line from the distant node back to my base, and see which ones unload. I'll find it interesting if the machine next to the node stops working, but the node itself doesn't. I'm guessing either nodes having vis requested from them load the chunk, or there's some coding in Thaumcraft that let's them continue to function in unloaded chunks. Which would explain why my FPS is better with TC disabled. I just love TC too much to keep it off.

I have read that aura nodes somehow keep working when their chunk is unloaded, but I would appreciate it if somebody did actual science to this.