Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
How do I create a simple what farm with TC3 golems? All I remember is reading that you need a chest and a straw golem, but I forgot what else.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
How do I create a simple what farm with TC3 golems? All I remember is reading that you need a chest and a straw golem, but I forgot what else.

My way is 9x9 feild with 1 water block in the middle. I put a chest over that. Then 1 straw golem with a smart core and 1 wood golem set the the chest.

Reactions: Chocorate

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
You need to have a wooden golem to pick up everything the straw golem is harvesting. Also you should probably put an intelligence core on the straw golem so it knows to replant everything it harvests.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
You need to have a wooden golem to pick up everything the straw golem is harvesting. Also you should probably put an intelligence core on the straw golem so it knows to replant everything it harvests.
Remember to fence in the farm or it will wander off and harvest any nearby sugar cane. I had to make my fence double tall because I hadn't left space around my melons, and the straw golem just hopped onto a melon and over the fence and the couldn't get back.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
My way is 9x9 feild with 1 water block in the middle. I put a chest over that. Then 1 straw golem with a smart core and 1 wood golem set the the chest.
So I deploy the straw golem to the chest, and I give him the seeds? or the wheat? Then do i just deploy the wood golem anywhere? And I give him seeds?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So I deploy the straw golem to the chest, and I give him the seeds? or the wheat? Then do i just deploy the wood golem anywhere? And I give him seeds?

No you plant your feild manaly and then drop the staw golem anywhere. I normaly drop him on the chest becuase werever you drop him thats where he returns to when hes out of work. The wood golem has to go on a block with an invtory so he has to go the the chest. both of these are why I put the chest in the middle.

If you want to get more complex you can also use a stone golem to auto move stuff from that chest to a more centrealize location. But be mindful of the golems viewing distance.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
No you plant your feild manaly and then drop the staw golem anywhere. I normaly drop him on the chest becuase werever you drop him thats where he returns to when hes out of work. The wood golem has to go on a block with an invtory so he has to go the the chest. both of these are why I put the chest in the middle.

If you want to get more complex you can also use a stone golem to auto move stuff from that chest to a more centrealize location. But be mindful of the golems viewing distance.
Ah, thank you very much. As you can probably tell, I've never gotten into TC3.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, thank you very much. As you can probably tell, I've never gotten into TC3.

No worry they are a lot of fun and vary useful. I feel they do a better job in automation then pipes or tubes do in many cases. They jsut take a little bit to learn how they work.

Reactions: RedBoss

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
I've heard there are other mods now that add microblocks like RP2. Are any of these up to date for 1.5? My friends and I are running a mostly vanilla server but we'd all like the aesthetic options microblocks give us.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Immibis Microblocks is the other micro block mod but I'm not sure what verison it is up to these days.

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
I made a tallow golem to carry essentia from the arcane alembics to warded jars. It filled one warded jar with 48 of the ignis essentia. I crafted some more things and it collected 8 more ignis essentia. It put the essentia into a new warded jar instead of the one that already has 48. Is there any way to prevent that from happening? I was thinking of intelligence, but the definition of that core doesn't seem to encompass the problem I'm having.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, I don't have Q-armour and apiarist's clothes, but I've bred an Austere Bee. I'm afraid to get close to it... Any suggestions?

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
I made a tallow golem to carry essentia from the arcane alembics to warded jars. It filled one warded jar with 48 of the ignis essentia. I crafted some more things and it collected 8 more ignis essentia. It put the essentia into a new warded jar instead of the one that already has 48. Is there any way to prevent that from happening? I was thinking of intelligence, but the definition of that core doesn't seem to encompass the problem I'm having.
I believe that shouldn't happen, it should fill the first Ignis jar before starting on a second. I also tend to only keep out the jars I want them working on, and let them fill a Diamond Chest with phials of excess Essentia. You can store more Essentia in less space by leaving them in the phials than you can in jars. If you have extra empty jars marked, the golem will always try to fill them before putting phials in the chest.

Guys, I don't have Q-armour and apiarist's clothes, but I've bred an Austere Bee. I'm afraid to get close to it... Any suggestions?

ExtraBee's genetic machines and an Effect Cancellation serum? (Might be easier to build the apiarist's clothes :p)

Question: Getting into Applied Energistics for the first time. I'd like to teach my system to void anything past a certain amount of an item. So far, the only thing I've come up with is a Level Emitter set to the item and number, an Export Bus set to the item pointed at a chest pumping into a Void Pipe. This somewhat limiting when I have multiple items that continue producing and I want to void (each 'void ball' construction ends up handling 5 items). I'm tempted to build it anyway, just to have a huge freaky room of whacked-out wiring, piping, and chests all for the purpose of voiding my overflow.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Put its apiary a chunk away from you and let it do its job. When the bees stopy flying, go to it and breed on, then get away again. Breed it with something safe and use restraint frames (smaller territory and shorter life) if you want that apiary closer.

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
I believe that shouldn't happen, it should fill the first Ignis jar before starting on a second. I also tend to only keep out the jars I want them working on, and let them fill a Diamond Chest with phials of excess Essentia. You can store more Essentia in less space by leaving them in the phials than you can in jars. If you have extra empty jars marked, the golem will always try to fill them before putting phials in the chest.
Thanks. I think I know what happened. The ignis jar was already partially filled. But then I added new jars and new markers. So it just used the closest jar. Unfortunately, while that explains why it happened, it doesn't really solve the problem.

I might try your idea of putting the phials in a chest. My Thaumcraft room is basically completely full because of all the jars I put out. I like the fact that the altar automatically gets the essentia from the jars, though. I get the feeling that I would always forget to check my chest to see if I have spare essentia.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
What are the OTBM or whatever they are, the "upgrade available" with gregtech machines? And how do I use them?

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
What are the OTBM or whatever they are, the "upgrade available" with gregtech machines? And how do I use them?
Overclocker
Transformer
Battery
MJ

Overclocker and Transformer you already know. The Battery upgrade I beilieve is the lithium battery upgrade (as opposed to the IC2 energy storage upgrade). The MJ upgrade lets GT machines use BC power.

EDIT: pretty sure you instal them by shift-right clicking on the machine like you would with a router

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Overclocker
Transformer
Battery
MJ

Overclocker and Transformer you already know. The Battery upgrade I beilieve is the lithium battery upgrade (as opposed to the IC2 energy storage upgrade). The MJ upgrade lets GT machines use BC power.
Wow, I'm an idiot. Going to be loving the new MJ upgrade, just have to figure out how it works with MV and HV and LV.

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. I think I know what happened. The ignis jar was already partially filled. But then I added new jars and new markers. So it just used the closest jar. Unfortunately, while that explains why it happened, it doesn't really solve the problem.

I might try your idea of putting the phials in a chest. My Thaumcraft room is basically completely full because of all the jars I put out. I like the fact that the altar automatically gets the essentia from the jars, though. I get the feeling that I would always forget to check my chest to see if I have spare essentia.
I'm really hoping we get an advanced lab assistant golem takes essential phials from a chest and restocks jars with the same aspect, but doesn't dump into empty jars. That would make the lab helper army complete!